Code of Conduct
Page 239 of 239 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239
Results 7,141 to 7,158 of 7158
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Mona di Orio Santal Nabataea
    Charenton Macerations Christopher Street

Good initial impressions, especially Santal Nabataea. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention on here, but perhaps it's still too new. This feels like one whose reputation will grow as more people get a chance to try it.

MFK Baccarat Rouge 540 EDP. My wife loves it on me. I believe the hype leaves me a bit disappointed. But it does smell very good. Needs some more edge, bit round to my nose.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Vers Dharamsala by Pour Toujours - Loved it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Today I am currently testing Etat Libre d'Orange Rien Intense Incense on my left arm and Amouage Interlude Man on my right arm.

First impressions of Etat Libre d'Orange Rien Intense Incense are that the aldehyde top notes in there remind me a bit of the opening to Chanel no 5. In stead of a strong incense smell, I get a strong white bar soap type of smell. Very nice and clean smelling to my nose. Perhaps the incesne smell is what I am interpreting as soap.

Amouage Interlude Man has a wonderful smoke smell that is slightly reminiscent of the smoke smell with MM Replica By the Fireplace. The other notes are completely different though. With the Interlude Man, I get a slightly medicinal/cherry cough syrup vibe underneath the smoke. I am very interested to see how this develops more throughout the day. Good stuff so far.

Updates on Interlude Man are in the Amouage thread.

Rien Intense Incense turned into a mellow incesnse smell on my left arm. It was sheer coincidence that Interlude man is also an incense fragrance. The performance on that one is excellent, so it overshadowed the ELdO on my left arm. The ELdO went from an aldehyde/white bar soap smell to a white bar soap alone, then to a mellow incense smell. It's very pleasant throughout, and I enjoyed my test of it today.

Last edited by painted_klown; 17th February 2019 at 03:15 AM.

Etat Libre d'Orange - Tom of Finland
    Started off a bit weird so I did not think much of it. Then came the drydown with it's airy notes and I might have liked this the most of the four.

Etat Libre d'Orange - La Fin du Monde
    I had high hopes after looking at the notes. This reminded me of Baccarat Rouge or Saint Julep so this did nothing new for me.

Marlou - L'Animal Sauvage
    Animalic and musky notes is not my favorite ones. This was not that bad though. The soapy musk reminded me of Kiehl's Original Musk. Great performance and decent smell.

Mona di Orio - Cuir
    Leather and castoreum, hmm. I can't ever see myself wearing this. Not a pleasant fragrance.

.Elegance Cuiree by Plume Impression - Loved it!.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    .Elegance Cuiree by Plume Impression - Loved it!.

Hednic this one was marked on my list for upcoming - please share your thoughts!

Roja Dove || Musk Aoud

Never fails to impress and amaze me.

Spending a shit load of $$ - BLIND - on Roja i know it's always a safe risk

Speechless

Vermeil Red. Impulse blind buy, mostly out of frustration cause I couldn't find a good deal on the original. This one turns out to be ok. As the name suggests, "Red" this is, without doubt, a copy of Polo Red mixed with a little Dunhill Desire. It does have a nice bright red apple accord that I am finding very pleasant, as it dries down. When that apple accord mixes with the kind of powderyness from the Desire Red portion, it makes for what smells like Carlos Santana for Men, which is a very hard to fins frag now. So overall i am happy with this purchase, because it's reminding me of 3 different frags. It doesn't smell cheap at all, despite me paying about $14 shipped. It's reasonably strong, but maybe a bit too "loud" for my liking. Maybe if I go light on the trigger I can pull this one off, but it does seem more like a clubbing frag.
    "God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator." -Stephen Hawking

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    MFK Baccarat Rouge 540 EDP. My wife loves it on me. I believe the hype leaves me a bit disappointed. But it does smell very good. Needs some more edge, bit round to my nose.
    It's lovely, if you like sweet, and performs like a monster. It's certainly linear and I prefer the EdT for the more prominent 'tree sap'/'resin' note.

Coach - Coach Platinum
    The fresh and fruity smell surprised me in a positive way. It's predecessor seemed a bit boring but this might be an improvement.

Giorgio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely
    A decent flanker on a decent fragrance. It has resemblance to the original but it also reminded me of Spicebomb.

Missoni - Parfum pour Homme
    I come to think of Bleu de Chanel. Tart and woody with the incense exchanged to birch. Very good performance.

Pierre Originale - Loved it.

Sergio Tacchini Eau de Toilette. A pristine 100ml early vintage bottle from the late 80s. I bought it instantly. This reminds me of the classic Lacoste with a less pronounced citrus top, a nice minty green accord on top and a soapy/musky mid to drydown, where some classy woods join in. It's a bit like a more modern 80s powerscent without skank. My few test-persons all preferred it to the back-up of Givenchy Vetyver (new'ish version) I did also buy ... a really good one.

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

GPHII

First time sampling it on skin.
    Soft. Rather insubstantial. A bit sweet for my tastes. Glad i didn't blind buy a bottle
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Initio Parfums Prives Side Effect:

Very nice. Fits in the Ambre Narguile, Herod, Tobacco Vanille, Spicebomb ballpark. Has a very nice, smooth rum note that goes along with cinnamon, a delicious vanilla that appears much later in the base, and a pleasant but somewhat subdued tobacco note. It has understated but persistent performance. I actually like that about this. It's not heavy, and with notes and accords it's comprised of that helps make it easier to wear. Longevity is about 8 to 10 hours, projection peaks around 2 feet and mostly stays around a foot, with nice silage that catches the air and hangs around lightly. First impression 8.5/10, possible 9.

Azur Riviera by Berdoues - Loved it.

Basenotes Plus

Fougere D'Aube
    by Rogue

very nice.

Gentle fluidity (silver). Very pleasant and safe; dries down to Elysium. lol
    gentle Fluidity (gold). Gourmand fragrance that does have a generic feel.

I might be passing on both, but we'll see how I feel when I revisit them in the future.
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

Page 239 of 239 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239