Code of Conduct
Page 242 of 304 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,260 of 9113

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

I tried A LOT of fragrances today (Most of them on paper test-strips, some on my hand)

The ones I liked/loved;

Kiton men EDT- Fresh, Chypre, Not too complicated
    Bulgari Wood essence- Simple, slightly sweet, woody (not a very realistic forest smell though)
    Cartier declaration d'un soir- Classy, elegant, roses, masculin, loved it
    Polo Blue Ralph Lauren EDT- Nice, manly, fresh, sporty yet classy
    Voyage d'Hermes EDT- Like a spicy/herbal seabreeze, simple yet complex, loved it!
    Azzaro Chrome- Nice, not too complicated, a little standard but I liked it
    Abercrombie & Fitch First instinct- Fresh and sensual, really liked this one
    Prada Amber EDT- Nice and soapy
    Dior Homme EDT- Has a sensual, subtle, complex lipstick smell and is both masculine and feminine at the same time, amazing.
    Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Intense- Nice, fresh, citrus-y (not very intense though)
    Annayake Tomo- Heavenly, don't know how to describe the smell
    Hypnose Lancome- Fresh, soothing, lots of lavender

Neutral;

Terre D'Hermes EDT- Didn't hate it but the first hour or so it strongly smelled like pill bugs to me :X
    Calvin Klein Eternity EDT- sorta liked it, definitely not one of the best fougeres out there though
    Calvin Klein One- Standard, smells good but kinda boring, fresh and citrus-y
    Issey Miyake Eau- intense and flowery, not a big fan but I get why people like it
    Trussardi Blue land- Smells standard, not very original, like a fake and spicy sea
    A*Men Mugler metal EDT- Really can't decide if I like it or not, sweet but definitely not angelic, gourmand (lots of chocolate, caramel, etc.) like a raunchy angel

The ones I disliked/hated;

Kouros EDT- dis-gus-ting, strongly smelled like piss (maybe the aftershave is better because it's less concentrated? haven't tried it tho)
    Shawn Mendes Signature- Very, very, very feminine and SWEET with a small hint of masculinity
    Last edited by SeaOfLife; 5th March 2019 at 08:54 PM.

I’m sorry to those of you who love Kouros or Shawn Mendes Signature �� :X (I just personally didn’t like them)

Amouage Bracken Man. I see a LOT of similarity with Houbigant Fougere Royale.

Pepe Jeans London for Him:
    Pretty good stuff, nice bottle too. Only smelled it for a minute but was impressed. All positive notes basically, easy going smooth.

Cuba Gold (?)
    Smelled like 1 Million, decent fragrance with a lot of positive notes. Maybe I'll try it compared to 1 Million another time and see which I like more. Now that I just read on Fragrantica, it might have been a different Cuba Fragrance, since so many were comparing this one to Le Male. They had two containers of Cuba and I tried the one in what I thought was Cuba Gold, but it might have been the tester for the other Cuba Fragrance.

Nautica Blue
    Nautica Voyage N-83
    Nautica Classic

The original Nautica Voyage is more my style than any of those.

Versace Blue Jeans
    Not really my style but decent.

Overall the top 2 were mentioned were more for me than the others, and have been added to my "try more" list, which is about ~35 colognes now.

Freed from BN Institution

Sampling for the first time Amouage Tribute Black Box

Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Dependent

Caron L'Impact.
    It's like Caron meets Jicky. Old-school, vanilla-lavender combination with some nice, albeit clean, muskiness to keep everything in the balance. Reminded me very strongly of Jicky, which I initially dismissed but want to try again as a result. Would happily purchase some of this... oh, if it wasn't discontinued and at inflated prices. Performance is strong. A great fragrance.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Ambling Beneath The Oratory - Loved it!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Amouage Opus XI
    Montale Oud Dream
    Boadicea The Victorious Azrak
    Montale Leather Patchouli
    Montale Sensual Instinct
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue
    3.Le Monarque II/Argentium Halo De Lune/Sultanate Of Oman
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse/Au Hasard/#laislablanca
    7.Al-Khatt/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Great Britain
    10.Dhajala/Cuir Intense/Malesia

I mixed up my samples and instead of Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo end up wearing Alamut, Well, that was something else for office wear.

Btw. great parfume with some sassy retro quality.

The original Michael Kors, "Michael" that was produced in 2001. Got a 2.5oz. bottle for a nice price. This stuff is excellent. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a solid spicy/fruity/tobacco/leather fall/winter fragrance. It's great.

Parts of it remind me of a more wearable, less exaggerated Plum Japonais. Parts remind me of Satellite's Padparadscha (the opening, specifically). And it reminds me a bit of a more refined, upscale Baldessarini Ambre. I'd place it in the same realm as scents like Burberry London, Fan di Fendi, DSquared Potion, Baldessarini Ambre, etc. I think it's better than all of those though.

Dependent

Lalique Hommage a L’homme. After reading a fair amount of accolades I thought this to be a no-brainer, but I admit myself disappointed. It isn’t a bad scent to me but it also isn’t a good one, it’s just kind of there. Yes it is inexpensive but “meh” doesnt cut it anymore at any price.

Dependent

bond-no9-riverside-drive.jpg
    Not impressed, will just keep the sample.
    Currently wearing: Brut by Fabergé

Lalique Hommage a L'Homme

A soft violet fragrance, impressively smooth. Great treatment of violet - clearly identifiable but not overwhelming. It recalls Cartier L'Envol - that one goes in a woody/honey/floral direction with the violet, and this is more soft woody spice - but the violet and the underlying soft woody tone are quite similar.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

V Canto - Arsenico - Gourmandventus

Brooks Brothers New York Gentlemen EDT

Very nice. A smoother, more contemporary Eau Sauvage. I don't think I'll wear it as often as the current Eau Sauvage EDT (I like how Eau Sauvage develops a bit more; it gives its individual notes more breathing room), but I'll have to try it in warmer weather.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Lunch Under the Arbour - Loved it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Cuir Garamante

Percival

There's potential.

Jacomo de Jacomo.

This is truly wild.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

CK One

i last smelled this over 20 years ago, before I was into fragrances.

Clean, grassy, vaguely soapy. I like it.

Edit - the hedione in the drydown walks a fine line for me. Any more and I’d have to scrub, but I’m still able to enjoy it at the levels here.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Dependent

PureDistance Black.

Peppery, almost liquorice, some sweet note and a facet which reminds me of the 'typical' Dior Privée Rose (as found in Oud Ispahan, Santal Noir, Ambre Nuit...). Perhaps something along the lines of YSL La Nuit de l'Homme's "cardamom". Smells like an opulent, amped up designer to me. Probably mass-appealing. Will work my way through the sample before I decide whether to buy more.

Xerjoff - Dolce Amalfi
    This one smells like the gum "Juicy Fruit". Pleasant and sweet.

Nishane - Pachuli Kozha
    Damn, what a monster. It projected for almost 24 hours. Too hard for me to pull off.

Antonio Visconti - Akaba
    Smells familiar in a way. Maybe like liquorice candy or liquorice ice cream. A bit weird.
    Currently wearing: Reflection Man by Amouage

Ambre 114 - Histoires de Parfum.

Sweet and cosy, a bit powdery on the way to the drydown.
    I suspect it is very much enjoyed by ladies. (when worn by a man)

*double post, thanks forum software*

Early Morning In The Orange Grove - Loved it.

Montale Honey Aoud - Nope, this is not something I enjoy or could ever wear.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

technically yesterday but i got a better chance to try it out this morning - Etat Libre D'Orange Spice Must Flow

Got two samples today:
    A scent named "Cabal" by a brand "Miro". Behind this, tere is "Maxim Markenprodukte", a german company who did the cheapie-legend "Prince Classic" (which is sadly discontinued, at least its wonderful rugged chypre leather thing). Now, "Cabal" is a pretty decent Le Male clone. No need to further explore or own it, but really nice.
    Next one was D&G's Light Blue Eau Intense: I like it, but it's sort of redundant, given the ones I already own. My 120ml of Wave Musk will serve generations to come. Yet for me it is a quite good, ultra clean, very potent laundry musk with a huge citrus, a slight sappy-green floral, soft aqua and a killer clean musky/woody amber base. I don't get anosmic with this one, which is especially nice.
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

Bleu de Chanel Parfum - Well, yes, this is definitely softer, better and smoother than the popular EdT version, which I never liked due to its strong synthetic aspects.

I've only been sampling this one about 30 min. and it's a possibility, depending on how it dries down.

Lots of people complain about the longevity and projection, so I'll see how it does on me. I'm just not sure I need it.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Plus

Sultan Pasha Fougere Noir

Fantastic. Lasted 5 hours or so.

Page 242 of 304 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 ... LastLast