Code of Conduct
Page 262 of 299 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,860 of 8951
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Xerjoff Ceylon. Not sure about this one so far.

Most liked the opening I thought it was way to sweet for me but the drydown was very nice.

I will have to fiddle around with this one some more to get a true feel.
    The Ceylon tea note was too strong for me, tried this one several times but was a no go for me.
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue
    3.Le Monarque II/Argentium Halo De Lune/Sultanate Of Oman
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse/Au Hasard
    7.Al-Khatt/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic
    10.Dhajala/Fidelis/Misia Eau de Parfum
    Currently wearing: Kemi by Al Kimiya

First dab of vintage Tribute by Avon.
    Feels very traditional cologne ( that's a Good thing). Tiny dab and I can see it's ingredients must be something else. Dab pre shower, still there post shower. Cannae wait for a proper splash of this stuff!!
    Currently wearing: Lalique White by Lalique

1740 by Histoires de Parfums. Great! Sweet, dusty, leathery, a tad animalic in the opening. Lasts a long time on my skin, with excellent projection. My girlfriend loved it as well. This may be full bottle worthy...
    Gather ye pearls while the hog walks

Dior - Balade Sauvage

I am not the biggest fan of fig, but this is certainly one of the best of that type I have smelled. Very well done.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Aramis Tuscany

The opening is a lot like Aramis Havana, but Tuscany sharply veers in a different direction after that. This isn't youthful because it isn't on-trend, but it also isn't "dated" as much as it is unlike most other scents both of its era and ours. It'd be relatively easy to imagine a niche or upscale barbershop-y house today releasing something in this vein now and it being received well. The quality is undeniable. (Are the Aramis classics the best value to be found in masculine perfumery? Maybe so.) This is rich and warm and very herbal. I think I slightly prefer Havana, but Tuscany is more versatile. Recommended for those who want a masculine scent reminiscent of the (Italian, naturally) countryside.

Aramis New West

This, the first aquatic fragrance ever released, is hardly recognizable as what we might call an aquatic today, though there's still that calone giving all the Aramis-y greenness a breezy quality. I find it pleasant enough, but it's not as arresting as some of the other Aramis fragrances or as some of its descendants, so it's perhaps more interesting as a link in the historical chain than as a fragrance unto itself. Still, it's quite good.

4711 Eau de Cologne

Beautiful. A close cousin of SMN's Acqua di Colonia, both in character and quality, at a fraction of the price. No real longevity, but longevity was never its purpose, and its beauty, however brief, blows that of descendants like Neroli Portofino out of the water.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Hommage à L'Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men (vintage), Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Aramis Tuscany

The opening is a lot like Aramis Havana, but Tuscany sharply veers in a different direction after that. This isn't youthful because it isn't on-trend, but it also isn't "dated" as much as it is unlike most other scents both of its era and ours. It'd be relatively easy to imagine a niche or upscale barbershop-y house today releasing something in this vein now and it being received well. The quality is undeniable. (Are the Aramis classics the best value to be found in masculine perfumery? Maybe so.) This is rich and warm and very herbal. I think I slightly prefer Havana, but Tuscany is more versatile. Recommended for those who want a masculine scent reminiscent of the (Italian, naturally) countryside.

Aramis New West

This, the first aquatic fragrance ever released, is hardly recognizable as what we might call an aquatic today, though there's still that calone giving all the Aramis-y greenness a breezy quality. I find it pleasant enough, but it's not as arresting as some of the other Aramis fragrances or as some of its descendants, so it's perhaps more interesting as a link in the historical chain than as a fragrance unto itself. Still, it's quite good.

4711 Eau de Cologne

Beautiful. A close cousin of SMN's Acqua di Colonia, both in character and quality, at a fraction of the price. No real longevity, but longevity was never its purpose, and its beauty, however brief, blows that of descendants like Neroli Portofino out of the water.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on these.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    tried oe II again the other day, still find it terrible, tried to give it to someone for free they took a whiff and said no thanks.

tried houbigant bois mystique edp, very nice sweet smelling, wondering how much better the extrait at much higher cost might be.
    Haha, if you're that desperate to get rid of it, I'll take it for free
    Currently wearing: Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on these.
    You're welcome!

Aramis Tuscany is a real winner. It has a genuinely natural, outdoorsy feel, like you're overlooking the hills of Tuscany and inhaling the aroma. Most green scents still feel artificially "manicured" in a way that this doesn't, but it still manages the feat of being expertly blended.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Hommage à L'Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men (vintage), Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

Basenotes Plus

Dior - Leather Oud first formulation

Interesting. So, I've already owned the reformulation with my 2016 or so bottle - and I fell in love with it. But I just acquired a first formulation 2011 bottle.

It does appear different to me - still recognizable, but different. One of the main things is I seem to get more leather in this one (2011). My 2016 is smooth as butter, warm, inviting - it's melded together nicely. This 2011 seems to have a more stand out leather, and... honey or something. Perhaps a bit more rough around the edges, at least in the opening.

Both winners.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by flmmkrz View Post
    Haha, if you're that desperate to get rid of it, I'll take it for free
    leave it with me, you never know
    Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) used to come to our house and there was perspiration upon his body. My mother brought a bottle and began to pour the sweat in that. When Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) got up he said:

Umm Sulaim, what is this that you are doing? Thereupon she said: That is your sweat which we mix in our perfume and it becomes the most fragrant perfume.

valiant-boadicea the victorious , shockingly bad (or maybe just not my style) considering the price of it. think im getting mixed up with price meaning quality again.
    Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) used to come to our house and there was perspiration upon his body. My mother brought a bottle and began to pour the sweat in that. When Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) got up he said:

Umm Sulaim, what is this that you are doing? Thereupon she said: That is your sweat which we mix in our perfume and it becomes the most fragrant perfume.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Stephane Humbert Lucas – Panthea Iris - Loved it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Sampling a 90's formulation of Antaeus
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Clive Christian - 1872 for Men

I've smelled this before, but apparently this is the first time I've intentionally put any on skin? Huh.

Anyways, good stuff in the opening - a nice citrusy herbal type of smell. Pleasing. Like a mix of Eau Sauvage and Nio or something. Me gusta.
    It's really good stuff. I prefer the original over its flankers.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Sospiro Laylati

It smells like play-doh, seriously like play doh. Was my 1st from Sospiro and not getting off on the right foot bleh

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

Etat Libre d'Orange Remarkable People.

Pierre Guillaume Monsieur

The S.A. gave me free samples of these, even though they charge two GBP per sample. I think speaking Russian and chatting with her did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    The kind of tobacco in this has often been compared to a "fresh cigarette pack" tobacco.

I like the fragrance, but only really enjoy wearing it on damp, cool spring days. In summer I find it a bit much and in winter it's a bit flat.
    Nice thoughts about Dreamer. I also enjoy more in the spring and early fall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sampling an earlier formulation of Chanel Pour Monsieur

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    valiant-boadicea the victorious , shockingly bad (or maybe just not my style) considering the price of it. think im getting mixed up with price meaning quality again.
    this is truly uncanny, Valiants one of the stand out btvs for me, we really are polar opposites lol

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Sampling an earlier formulation of Chanel Pour Monsieur
    thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Dior - Balade Sauvage

I am not the biggest fan of fig, but this is certainly one of the best of that type I have smelled. Very well done.
    Right? That is exactly how I feel. I'm not crazy about fig, but I'll definitely wear that one.

John Varvatos Artisan Pure
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

Issey Miyake Nior Ambre.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    The Ceylon tea note was too strong for me, tried this one several times but was a no go for me.
    Likewise I tried to like it because I enjoy so many from the house.

On my trek through scents from Abessalaam attar Profumo Sharif is my new experience. So far it has captivated me. It could become my favorite so far. I tried Bazaar yesterday and that was a big thumbs up also.

Basenotes Plus

Vaporocindro by January Scent Project.

Very much love it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Eau d’Italie – Easy to Love - did not care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Tried Trussardi Riflesso Blue Vibe today. Well, a modern-days Versace Dreamer.
    Nice. Quite artificial but in a nice way with a breezy quality for seconds, some tobacco notes, quite powdery. Bought a 30ml for further testing.
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

Basenotes Plus

Louis Vuitton - Matière Noire

A nice fragrance. It kind of brings to mind what people may associate with their grandmothers and such, except updated - with some edge. It's a rose/oud, but not in the typical way. It's like a airy rose, powdery comes to mind - but not really powdery. I pick up the oud, but also confuse it with leather. On her skin I may have picked up on the incense/patchouli more.

Not bad.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

Basenotes Junkie

Polo Modern Reserve

Very nice--worth the hype it gets. It kind of reminds me of a cross between classic Polo and Azzaro.

Histoires de Parfums 1725

My barbershop starting carrying this so I out some on my arm. I keep wondering what that incredible smell is around me thinking my girl used a new product on me but it’s this
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Page 262 of 299 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 ... LastLast