Code of Conduct
Page 268 of 282 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,040 of 8441
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Tiziana Terenzi – Encke - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Tiziana Terenzi – Encke - didn't care for it.
    Is that the Harrods exclusive release?
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.
    Currently wearing: Grev by Slumberhouse

Freed from BN Institution

A vintage formulation of Guerlain Heritage
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant Vagrant View Post
    Is that the Harrods exclusive release?
    I think it is exclusive to Selfridges
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    What I'm enjoying a lot, and it's extremely subtle, is I'm picking up some scent in this that reminds me of a musk type cologne my grandfather and a few of my uncles wore in the 80's. Very faint. I wonder if it's there in the regular pour homme as well.
    Interesting.

Mancera Red Tobacco.

I like this one quite a bit. It kind of reminds me of Pure Havane, but with a bit more realistic tobacco note IMO. However, this was not as beast mode as I had imagined it would be. Above average performance, but not really the beast (nuclear performer) I had expected.

I really do enjoy it overall, but Aramis Tobacco Reserve still retains the throne as my favorite tobacco fragrance in my collection. Having said that, I would place this right behind the Aramis.
    Last edited by painted_klown; 15th June 2019 at 09:35 AM.

Creed's Virgin Island Water . A perfectly nice, inoffensive summer scent, but a bit too well behaved for my taste. Also, way overpriced.
    Gather ye pearls while the hog walks

L'Eau Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake
    Cool Water Wave by Davidoff
    Currently wearing: Chrome by Azzaro

V Canto – Posi - didn't care for it
    Last edited by hednic; 16th June 2019 at 01:02 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Lalique (Lion) Pour Homme. Very nice dry down but the opening is a bit headache inducing for me...
    Last edited by nikonNUT; 16th June 2019 at 02:05 AM.

West Third Brand Tobacco 1812

If you're like me and you've always wanted a stripped-down version of Tobacco Vanille that prioritized the tobacco note, then this is the scent for you. I instantly bought a bottle.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Green Madness by Anna Zworykina very nice scent for a couple of hours but barely detectable after that. I will apply more next time from the splash bottle. May get the spray form next time.
    Currently wearing: Oud Monarch by Bortnikoff

Vintage Diorella
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Interesting.
    FWIW, and I might get crucified for this... I actually might prefer the Intenso flanker over the original Pour Homme. and I've owned 98/'04 Italy vintages.

Quote Originally Posted by painted_klown View Post
    Mancera Red Tobacco.

I like this one quite a bit. It kind of reminds me of Pure Havane, but with a bit more realistic tobacco note IMO. However, this was not as beast mode as I had imagined it would be. Above average performance, but not really the beast (nuclear performer) I had expected.

I really do enjoy it overall, but Aramis Tobacco Reserve still retains the throne as my favorite tobacco fragrance in my collection. Having said that, I would place this right behind the Aramis.
    In my experience it is damn strong. I may have spilled a tiny bit from a sample onto the carpet or on a fabric and the smell was just noticeable for however long - maybe days/week(s).
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Stora Skuggan - Fantome De Maules

Smells familiar. At first I was like, "Cartier Declaration?" - but not really, slightly.

Wow, it's already seemingly changed quite a lot from applying until like a minute later. Yeah, some green stuff like Thameen Green Pearl.

Not bad - and apparently I had this one my list to try out, so that's a nice bonus. Alas, I don't see myself buying a bottle as it stands.
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Re Mancera Red Tobacco: I just found a tester strip that a sales woman had sprayed with Red Tobacco when I was at the Paris boutique 2 months ago and I could still smell it!

vintage Guerlain Derby

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    In my experience it is damn strong. I may have spilled a tiny bit from a sample onto the carpet or on a fabric and the smell was just noticeable for however long - maybe days/week(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutronc View Post
    Re Mancera Red Tobacco: I just found a tester strip that a sales woman had sprayed with Red Tobacco when I was at the Paris boutique 2 months ago and I could still smell it!
    LOL! I actually just came in here to revise my thoughts on Red Tobacco and saw these two posts. I must have had a bit of anosmia going on yesterday (I wore ten sprays) because I checked the undershirt I wore yesterday, and it's still radiating off of it by a few inches. I sprayed it on there 26 hours ago!

I now revise my review to say that this could very well be the MOST long lasting fragrance in my wardrobe. It's odd how much olfactory fatigue can change your perception from day to day.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by painted_klown View Post
    LOL! I actually just came in here to revise my thoughts on Red Tobacco and saw these two posts. I must have had a bit of anosmia going on yesterday (I wore ten sprays) because I checked the undershirt I wore yesterday, and it's still radiating off of it by a few inches. I sprayed it on there 26 hours ago!

I now revise my review to say that this could very well be the MOST long lasting fragrance in my wardrobe. It's odd how much olfactory fatigue can change your perception from day to day.
    Sorry, what? 10 sprays? That's.. insane. To the point where I'm not sure if that's even good for your lungs, heh.

I'd think it's a 3 spray absolute max type of fragrance. 1 might be good for personal bubble, 2 might be enough for co-workers to notice throughout the day, and 3 might be a bit much in general except for outside maybe.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Roja Dove - Qatar

Yeah, like a.. lightly fruity peach oud fragrance. Not bad.

Except I'm left confused. I got some on my fingers on accident as well - and when I smell that up close, it smells like it's supposed to be leather or a synth oud smell. But smelling where I applied it smelled more like a slightly-funky oud. Would like to know what trickery is going on to make it smell closer to real oud... or if he is using real oud oil in this one, why does it smell real AND synth at the same time kinda?

Overall, pleasant smell and could see this as a 'kind of' dumb grab type of frag. But not wow'd enough to want to pick up a bottle.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Sorry, what? 10 sprays? That's.. insane. To the point where I'm not sure if that's even good for your lungs, heh.

I'd think it's a 3 spray absolute max type of fragrance. 1 might be good for personal bubble, 2 might be enough for co-workers to notice throughout the day, and 3 might be a bit much in general except for outside maybe.
    LOL! Yeah, I pretty much always wear 10 sprays of everything. That way I have all my fragrances on an equal footing when judging longevity and projection. Admittedly, not all fragrances require anywhere near that much to find them enjoyable.

If I am going to the store or something like that, I will scale back to 4-5 sprays, but for work or social events, I do 10 sprays. I feel that anything over 7-8 sprays is probably wasting a bit, but I do a hard cut off at 10. It's just how I like to roll.

Jeroboam – Ligno - Loved it.

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine

Straight orange juice in the opening, and then the florals come in. It's pleasant.

Luciano Pavarotti

Beautifully made, but a bit dandyish for my personal tastes.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

vintage Dioressence EDT

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    vintage Dioressence EDT
    Tried yesterday:

by Kilian Vodka on the Rocks - did not care for it.
    Bond No 9 New York Oud - lovely; would consider owning.
    Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club/ By the Fireplace/ At the Barbers/ Sailing Day - all were pleasant, but none blew me away. Fireplace was my favorite.

EDIT: Did not mean to reply to N.Cal. Not used to using my cell phone as I'm traveling without my laptop.

Basenotes Plus

Thameen - Noorolain Taif

When I was applying it I noticed what I figured to be either cedar or incense (I seem to get the two confused). But looking at notes, it seems to be pepper?

It seems like a weird Spicebomb almost. Like Spicebomb-lite, but add a really dusty component. Kind of like a dusty patchouli, but different. Makes me want to hold my breath involuntarily like I can't catch a full breath because of dust in the air.

The rose isn't as prominent as I would've assumed.

Kind of like Creed Royal-Oud, but.. more dusty, lol. *Almost* as mass appealing as the Creed. Not bad.

All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Bruno Acampora - Azzurro Di Capri Extrait (not the perfume oil)

Definitely get the lime and orange blossom, AND the jasmine! Jasmine isn't too heady, it's not as pungent as in say... Xerjoff Al-Khatt.

Smells clean overall, with a little bite to it. The lime really adds another aspect to it that makes the whole thing smell different (in the opening at least), that's pretty neat.

It smells like... you're in a hotel on vacation somewhere and your wife/girlfriend just got out of the shower after using a traditional type of bar soap (like old-school Dove or Ivory) but with an added lime aspect - like a limited edition Dove lime bar soap she used on her skin. It's like I can almost smell the humidity/steam when conjuring this image.

She pops out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped on her head, et voila - Azzurro Di Capri Extrait.

All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Angela Ciampagna - Ducalis

...meh. Screechy. Like nails on a chalkboard, with some sweet aspect. A sugared aspect, not a honey-ed sweetness (or if it is, then lightly as well).

Oooh, it has a salt note/accord maybe - that might be why it smells so synthetically screechy. Like static on a TV.

Doesn't smell BAD, just... oh wait, wow, it smells like a nail salon! That strong overpowering smell? any guys that have been with their SO to a nail salon, when they put that powder stuff on the nails and add some kind of liquid to it - it's that insanely strong smell. THAT.

Not bad smelling, but it smells like a kind of cotton candied nail salon with a TV on the wrong cable channel so it's producing static at a loud volume.

All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Junkie

Angela Ciampagna - Ducalis

...meh. Screechy. Like nails on a chalkboard, with some sweet aspect. A sugared aspect, not a honey-ed sweetness (or if it is, then lightly as well).

Oooh, it has a salt note/accord maybe - that might be why it smells so synthetically screechy. Like static on a TV.

Doesn't smell BAD, just... oh wait, wow, it smells like a nail salon! That strong overpowering smell? any guys that have been with their SO to a nail salon, when they put that powder stuff on the nails and add some kind of liquid to it - it's that insanely strong smell. THAT.

Not bad smelling, but it smells like a kind of cotton candied nail salon with a TV on the wrong cable channel so it's producing static at a loud volume.

Does not sound like something I would want to wear.

Page 268 of 282 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 ... LastLast