Code of Conduct
Page 320 of 325 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 318 319 320 321 322 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,600 of 9746
o
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Champs Lunaires - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Champs Lunaires - didn't care for it.
    Was there anything Rogue Perfumery that you've tried that you've enjoyed?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Angélique Encens by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Was there anything Rogue Perfumery that you've tried that you've enjoyed?
    Not yet. Still have one or perhaps two other samples left to try (can't recall their names now) that were sent to me with other purchases.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Mile High - Loved it.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Le Canotier - another miss for me.
    Shame, I quite enjoyed that when I tried it.

Edit: Notice you've another couple to try. I very much enjoyed Chypre Siam and Mousse Illuminee, and Derviche was quite pleasant but not my thing too.

Dependent

Other day in Boots so tried:
    Le Beau - a nice flanker to Le Male, which I haven't smelled in years. Comes across sweeter and fruitier but dries down to the Le Male type stuff. Perhaps one I'd own if a heavily-used partial came up at a good price but not otherwise.
    Armani Stronger With You - fairly boring, spicy vanilla type thing. Would rather Bentley For Men Intense for the money.
    Gucci Guilty Pour Homme - Fairly diffuse, bright cologne-type fragrance. Not intensely interesting but smelled good, and as though it would be difficult to overspray.
    Gucci Guilty Pour Femme Absolute - Okay, I've tried this before but it failed my memory banks, so re-tried. Certainly a unisex fragrance in my opinion. Sweet and fruity in places but deep also. Would make a nice wear on autumnal days.
    Gucci Flora - my other half tried this and despite us both agreeing that it was 'meh' at the very opening, it started drying down quickly and very nicely on her. Suited her, too, so I'm tempted to grab a bottle for her... although I know she also wants some Chloe EdP...
    Calvin Klein Obsessed - surprised by this one. Came across fairly bright, cheap and 'zingy' but didn't smell bad to me. I'll probably try again in the shops but probably won't look to buy it.

In other news:
    YSL Y EdP - arranged to swap this for samples of 'other' so was a blind 'purchase' for me. 20mL left in the bottle which I will end up using, as it's simple but not offensive. Performance is good on me, too.
    SweDoft Rasputin - CC X meets the drydown of Aventus (ish). It's softer than X where it needs to be, spicy where it needs to be, has an almost 'birchy' addition to the base (hence the Aventus mention) but performance is markedly above average. Really nice and worth a try if you like X.

Quote Originally Posted by Benz3ne View Post
    Shame, I quite enjoyed that when I tried it.

Edit: Notice you've another couple to try. I very much enjoyed Chypre Siam and Mousse Illuminee, and Derviche was quite pleasant but not my thing too.
    All three are really good, Chypye-Siam being my favorite among them.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Intense. No bueno. Once again, another D'Issey that is crap. They are batting 0 for 100.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus

Mystère d'Orsay. Wonderful.
    Currently wearing: Rose Ishtar by Rania J

A bunch from Montale (Intense Cafe, Sensual Instinct, Ristretto, a few others) and Mancera (Deep Forest, Hindu Kush, Pink Roses, a few others). I bought Intense Cafe and enjoyed Sensual Instinct a lot too. Pink Roses was nice enough.

Sunshine Woman and Beach Hut Woman. I liked the opening of Sunshine, didn't get to try it on skin or smell the dry down. Beach Hut I wasn't thrilled by.

Also tried a few by Thameen. Patiala and Peacock Throne were my favorites. I bought Patiala.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    All three are really good, Chypye-Siam being my favorite among them.
    Good choice. I've 10mL of both Chypre-Siam and Mousse Illuminee. I agree that I prefer C-S but MI is more 'suitable' for me.

Nerf Herder

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Intense. No bueno. Once again, another D'Issey that is crap. They are batting 0 for 100.
    I feel your pain bud my love for the original is such that I would have a shelf full of Issey flankers if they were half decent. But they break my heart almost every time.

For me, trial run scent of the evening... Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP (North Cali Fragrance Reviewer’s frequent recommendations have been heeded )

I really, really like this. Citrus with legs... creamy, sparkly, a touch powdery and balanced vanilla.

Cri De Kalahari - Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    I feel your pain bud my love for the original is such that I would have a shelf full of Issey flankers if they were half decent. But they break my heart almost every time.

For me, trial run scent of the evening... Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP (North Cali Fragrance Reviewer’s frequent recommendations have been heeded )

I really, really like this. Citrus with legs... creamy, sparkly, a touch powdery and balanced vanilla.
    For me, it is 5/5. Love it
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

I can't stand any of them. The only one I will hold out hope for is Pulse of the Night because of a few reviews I've seen and a few members here highly recommending it.

Bentley for Men Black Edition. It's a freshie we've all smelled before, very much from the Kenneth Cole School. Think KC Signature and KC Reaction and you're in the ballpark. Nothing oriental or gourmand about it. It's a decent work scent. For $29.99, one could do much worse. Or better.

Another L'eau D'Issey…..Nuit D'Issey. Another m'ajor s'wing and a m'iss.. I came close to talking myself into liking this but I just was never able to get there. This house has nothing. I know it has it's fans but I don't see it at all.

A lot, some that I remember:

Dyptique Tam Dao (both EDT & EDP): nice, Philosykos EDT: very nice
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu: nice
    MFK Petit Matin: too tart for me, Amyris: nice, Aqua Universalis forte: nice, Acqua Celestia; a bit greener, but still fruity, Acqua Vitae forte: very nice, more masculine than the others
    Akro Awake; very nice, maybe hard to pull off, Malt: didn't like this one, smellt like overripe banana to me
    Etro Etra: Nice
    Byredo Bal D'Afrique: very nice, might have to cop. Rose In No Man's Land: too feminine, but nice. Rose Noir: interesting, different rose. Blanche: nice.
    Tauer L'air du Desert Marocain: didn't like the opening, but will try to get my hands on a sample for better testing

375x500.59020.jpg

Very nice release from Azzaro, Its clean but has depth to it. It's been on all day and man I am so glad I didn't hold back for discounters , well worth the money to me and one that I can easily see buying a 2nd bottle of. Very nice

Basenotes Plus

Bought a bottle of something from another frag head and he generously gave me 11 or so samples of stuff.

First one I'm wearing is Roja Dove - Oligarch.

WOW! I love TdH, and I love this too! Does anyone know if this comes in Parfum? Or is it only EdP?

Awesome stuff so far.

Last edited by ILikePeeps; 24th January 2020 at 11:25 PM.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Montale Aoud Forest. This company has put out a lot of great scents, but I've never come across a line where the names of the fragrances are so at odds with what is inside the bottle. This one smells pleasant enough, but doesn't remind me of a forest in the least. It's much more a floral/citrus/marine scent. It's pretty nice, but nothing I'm interested in buying a bottle of when my decant is gone.

Nerf Herder

Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    For me, it is 5/5. Love it
    I'll need a couple more wears to confirm, but I believe I'm heading in that direction

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Another L'eau D'Issey…..Nuit D'Issey. Another m'ajor s'wing and a m'iss.. I came close to talking myself into liking this but I just was never able to get there. This house has nothing. I know it has it's fans but I don't see it at all.
    Nor I. Many years ago, Sport left me with the impression of "Well... it's not so bad" but was pointless compared to the original. Bleue was just vomit worthy. I hear some ok-ish things about Nuit and Bleue Fraiche but I'm just too burned out to try them.

Worst of all, the reforumulated original is L'eau D'Issapointment. Pre-reformulation vintage is available, but waaaaaaay overpriced.

A few samples from YSL...

Grain de Poudre - That opening violet definitely harkens to Fahrenheit, but without that gasoline accord
    24 rue de l'Université - Now this one is a bit in the same vein as Santal 33, but with incense
    Sleek Suede - Got a bit of oudy funk in the very opening, but settles into a smoother tobacco. Interesting stuff and will have to test a bit more.
    Splendid Wood - Nice cardamom and then the same oud I detected in Sleek Suede
    Currently wearing: Baraonda by Nasomatto

It is great stuff. The EDT Cologne Concentree is even better particularly the creamy lemon opening - one of the best modern designer scents for spring/summer month imo.

IMG_20200124_102643_816.jpg

• ZOOLOGIST PANDA •

This impression is for the Extrait de Parfum that was released in 2017; I haven't tried the original Eau de Parfum, but from what I've heard they are quite different. The first thing that hit me when I sprayed Panda on my skin was the musk. Yes, it is fresh, fruity and green, but it's also very bitter. I doubt the bitterness is really noticable from a distance and it does fade after a while, but when smelled up close, there's an earthy, dirty scent underneath the freshness, that might put some people off. The civet note probably has some say in this as well. Aside from that, this should actually be a crowd pleasing fragrance. Apple is the main note here for me in the first hour, combined with some light florals that I wouldn't be able to distinguish. There's a hint of sweetness to the fruitiness as well, that reminded me of the sweetness that you can get from pineapple. I honestly don't get the tea note at all, which was a bit disappointing. Longevity is good, but projection is really impressive, especially since the scent overall is light and ozonic. I enjoy the opening, but I'm not completely sold yet on drydown. The freshness of the fruits fades away and it leaves a (still relatively fresh) vegetal, floral and slightly earthy scent, with a healthy dose of sweetness. At the same time seems very aquatic or just plainly 'wet'.

One thing I will say; this smells exactly how I would imagine (a panda eating) fruits in a sunny, damp tropical forest would smell. Now if you have a garden or a little greenhouse that smells like this, that would be awesome. It smells great, but I don't know if I like it as a perfume as much. In the drydown I oscillated between getting pleasant wafts and not being sure how I felt. When I woke up the next morning, the scent was still clearly present on my arm and I think I enjoyed the more subdued fragrance a bit more •

I'll need a couple more wears to confirm, but I believe I'm heading in that direction

Nor I. Many years ago, Sport left me with the impression of "Well... it's not so bad" but was pointless compared to the original. Bleue was just vomit worthy. I hear some ok-ish things about Nuit and Bleue Fraiche but I'm just too burned out to try them.

Worst of all, the reforumulated original is L'eau D'Issapointment. Pre-reformulation vintage is available, but waaaaaaay overpriced.
    I'm hopefully going to try out Pulse of the Night but that's the only exception I'm giving these guys. The rest is just one letdown after another.

Tom Ford - Beau de Jour Private Blend
    It's very nice as I figured it would be. But with many comparos to Zino, I'm also detecting a bit of Masculin Pluriel in there, too. Regardless, it is nice and will have a good home here in my modest collection. I will probably buy the Signature line version of this once available here, too. I love fougeres.

Bapteme Ambre - Loved it.

Basenotes Plus

Roja Dove - Fruity Aoud

Damn, this is good stuff in the opening so far! I really like it. It's been discontinued though, right? Or... 'replaced' by one of the Middle Eastern launches? Which has maybe been discontinued too, lol, who knows.

But yeah, it has the Roja style Aoud, with a nice semi-sweet, tad syrupy opening. Yep, fruity indeed. I really like this..

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Sampling for the first time ever YSL Opium
    SAMPLES FROM ALAN.jpg

Page 320 of 325 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 318 319 320 321 322 ... LastLast