Code of Conduct
Page 325 of 340 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,750 of 10188

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Saturday: Creed Silver Mountain water. Started out loud and citrusy. Dried down into something bergamotish. 6/10

Sunday: Xerjoff Uden: Loved the citrus/vanilla opening. Then it dried down into a faint spicy skin scent. 8/10 with 1/10 longevity

Today: Xerjoff Nio: Oranges! Dried down into an unpleasant metallic scent. 9/10 opening, 1/10 drydown, 3/10 longevity. Scrubber

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by dysect View Post
    Exploring 3 from Rougue Prefumary

Chyphre Siam - Great if you love stuff like PdN NY Intense or Safari from Ralph Lauren. Oakmoss is really delightful here. Oakmoss lovers get your nose here! Oakmoss,civet, leather, spices, jasmine, ylang-ylang. Very masculine to my nose.

Mousse Illuminee - certainly my favorite. Will order a bottle, I can understand the little cult following it has. Lovers of Ralph Lauren Polo, I think you should truly try this. The hype train here is real.

Ishtar Rougue - My least favorite from my sample. However, if you like frankincense, benzoin, sandalwood with lilly and jasmine to offset the dusty-esque smell. Then get your nose on this.

I want to sample the next two:
    40 Rogue
    Derviche
    You're off to a great start for exploring Rogue Perfumery, keep up the good work.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

also yesterday: Lubin Idole de lubin edp . woody/vinegar. 6.5/10.

today: Nicolai New York Intense. oakmossy with ctrius coming through later. hint of bleach in the DD. Nice but not interesting or memorable. 7/10

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

La Douceur de Siam - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme - enjoying it so far. They amped the bits that I loved most.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Immagine 1.jpg

1740 Marquis de Sade - Histoires de Parfums - opening smelled like boozy leather. The drydown smells exactly like Chicken Tikka Masala. Not joking. This is the most amusing fragrance I've encountered.
    Last edited by pmc; 25th March 2020 at 03:35 AM.

Sombre by Strangers Parfumerie - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Xerjoff Mefisto - I like it and it seems to last longer on me than Creed SMW. 8/10

Copal Azur Aedes de Venustas - did not care for it but found it interesting for incense lovers ... 5/10 for my use though

Aedes de Venustas Eau de Parfum - earthly herbal garden with cannibus accord, pleasant but not wearable for me. 5.5/10

Nouveau Monde Louis Vuitton - rose oud with gourmand & leather. smells great, i llike the dry down much more than the opening . Women liked it on me when i sampled it. got two compliments. I woudnt own this though. I would put in the same quadrant as Montales/Manceras at double the price tag.; 7/10

Sultan Pasha - Tabac Grande attar. Wow, this is a really fascinating scent. I don't think I could say more than the reviews do. I can't stop sniffing my wrist
    Last edited by pmc; 26th March 2020 at 05:09 AM.

JD JUSTE FILTHY | JEFFREY DAME
    blended with bergamot, tarragon, rosemary, cumin, artemisia, cinnamon leaf, geranium, lavender, orange flower, violet, vanilla, olibanum, vetiver, cedar wood, patchouli, tonka bean, skatole, civet and musk.

Didn't care for it.

Castello - didn't care for it.

Perry Ellis 360° Red for Men - I don't understand the hype. 4/10

Alexandre.J - Zafeer Oud Vanille - really nice opening, but a dry-down that is unpleasant to my nose. I think it is supposed to be a leather note, but it just smells a bit rancid. 6.5/10

27th March: Emporio Armani Stronger With You Freeze.

This was a blind buy for me and just arrived in the post. Happily, I find it very nice; particularly the sage and lavender combo in the mid notes!
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Essenza de Zegna, Zegna Essenze Amber Gold, Armani Privé Sable Or, Armani Privé Vétiver Babylone, Mancera Cedrat Bois, Acqua di Giò Profumo, Amouage Dia Man, L'Artisan Explosions d’Emotions: Amour Nocturne, Zegna Essenze Italian Bergamot/Acqua di Bergamotto

Basenotes Plus

Exploring 3 from Rougue Prefumary

Chyphre Siam - Great if you love stuff like PdN NY Intense or Safari from Ralph Lauren. Oakmoss is really delightful here. Oakmoss lovers get your nose here! Oakmoss,civet, leather, spices, jasmine, ylang-ylang. Very masculine to my nose.

Mousse Illuminee - certainly my favorite. Will order a bottle, I can understand the little cult following it has. Lovers of Ralph Lauren Polo, I think you should truly try this. The hype train here is real.

Ishtar Rougue - My least favorite from my sample. However, if you like frankincense, benzoin, sandalwood with lilly and jasmine to offset the dusty-esque smell. Then get your nose on this.

I want to sample the next two:
    40 Rogue
    Derviche
    First two sound great, need to get my samples together and get a full bottle purchase in order soon.
    Closest to a signature fragrance - Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme

I got a small sample of YSL - M7 a few weeks back. I have tried M7 Oud Absolu before and liked it. From my memory it is hard to compare them but I found them very close. Maybe the vintage was a bit more concentrated but it was not very heavy performing. Both great!

Quote Originally Posted by pmc View Post
    Xerjoff Mefisto - I like it and it seems to last longer on me than Creed SMW. 8/10
    Not a fan of Mefisto as I don't enjoy SMW but it's well made.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Flos Mortis - didn't care for it.

vintage Mitsuoko parfum by Guerlain,

Finally had the chance to get my nose on this classic that many people rave about. I can see why its much beloved. Would I own this? Yes. I think its a mostly fall but could be used in winter as well. This doesn't strike me as a casual scent. I wouldn't wear this with say, white t-shirt and jeans. I think you got to have the style to match with this.

Alexandria Frag Hawaii Volcano and Hawaii Volcano intense- I like both of these... the Intense version a bit more. They're not as delicate and nuanced as VIW, but VIW lasted only 10 minutes on me. HVI is going on a couple hours with a nice coconut DD...

Also Alexandria Frag Crazy Pineapple - horrible DD. smells like random chemicals

Eight & Bob Nuit de Megève. Starts out like Vetiver Tonka and dries down like Bal d'Afrique.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

The following below are from the house of Fragrance du Bois. This house really surprised me.

New York Intense- 8/10 I want it. spicy citrus one with a hint of floral accords . I think it can be all seasons with the exception of summer perhaps. Haven't tested on 80+ degree weather but it shares a similar DNA NY 5th Avenue from the same house listed below.

Sahraa Oud - 10/10 a masterpiece IMO. Its regal... full bottle worthy

Cannabis Intense - 7/10 Unique cannibus accord, smells great on the opening but I wouldn't want a full bottle.

New York 5th Avenue - Winter warm spicy oud scent. 8/10.. reminds me something in the same quadrant as... MFK Oud's series. Another bottle worthy.

Great, not sure if my favorite from the patchouli genre. Still very much prefer FM - Monsieur

I would recommend vintage Givenchy Gentleman, I think you'll this for a patchouli scent.

vintage Mitsuoko parfum by Guerlain,

Finally had the chance to get my nose on this classic that many people rave about. I can see why its much beloved. Would I own this? Yes. I think its a mostly fall but could be used in winter as well. This doesn't strike me as a casual scent. I wouldn't wear this with say, white t-shirt and jeans. I think you got to have the style to match with this.
    Gorgeous stuff, vintage mitosuko is wonderful in any concentration.

Moschino Uomo? It reminds me of Ormonde Man.
    Currently wearing: Jasmine by Floris

New York 5th Avenue by Fragrance Du Bois - Loved it.

Atelier des Ors Bois Sikar

This stuff is kinda vile. It's a chemical soup that smells like cooked pork product slathered in barbecue sauce (maybe good to eat, not to wear) and then gets increasingly scratchy and chemical as it moves into the drydown. Blecccch.

Guerlain DERBY. I bought a tiny tiny vintage mini bottle.

It is gorgeous.
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously"
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Gorgeous stuff, vintage mitosuko is wonderful in any concentration.
    Yeah for sure. That same day I tried mitosuko I tried Salome by Papillon Artisan.. They have a striking resemblance without the guerlain DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I would recommend vintage Givenchy Gentleman, I think you'll this for a patchouli scent.
    Thanks, I pulled the trigger on a bottle of this. I heard about this and it was on my radar.

Today sampled

Maai - Bogue Profumo - big wow for me. Will gladly pay retail for this when fall approaches. One of the best white floral musky/animalic ones I've smelt.

Cactus Azul - Fueguia 1833.. Random sample I chose to try out to see if I want to explore this house. Never smelt a cactus note before. So to my nose it is a great, woody aromatic with mint and cactus giving it some brightness. Casual scent, spring & summer scent. Will definitely explore this house more.

Mad About You - Pierre Guillaume Paris .. So this i can tell you I will own this for sure. The price point is great, I loooooooove this cherry scent. This is an evening scent for sure. I'd wear this on a date or going out with friends. Looking to forward to exploring more from Pierre.

Page 325 of 340 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 ... LastLast