Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Interlude Man batch code

Hello, there
    Is there a place where to check Amouage batch code ? Any information on Interlude Man 005382090214? Thanks a lot
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cartier by Cartier

Default Re: Amouage Interlude Man batch code

If you're looking to purchase the older Amouage fragrances, look for fragrances made in Oman with the ingredient sticker on the outside of the cellophane wrapping.

See the second pic as an example.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amouage-Jubi...item3aa5f3e387

Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post
    If you're looking to purchase the older Amouage fragrances, look for fragrances made in Oman with the ingredient sticker on the outside of the cellophane wrapping.

I see... thanks for the tip. Mine is from oman but the sticker is on the hard box itself. It wasn't cheap, from someone who bought in Europe and didn't like. The smell match some discriptions, there's an odd smell right at the begining that lasts for about one hour, i suppose it's the oregano, but afterwards it's very nice and strong incense, somehow like Blue encens or 2Man by CdG. The cap is indeed very heavy, but the blue stone is a bit off centred. The quality of the box is very impressive, so is the golden arabesque on the bottle. He also has a bottle of Journey Man, also sticker on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by prosperonline View Post
    I see... thanks for the tip. Mine is from oman but the sticker is on the hard box itself. It wasn't cheap, from someone who bought in Europe and didn't like. The smell match some discriptions, there's an odd smell right at the begining that lasts for about one hour, i suppose it's the oregano, but afterwards it's very nice and strong incense, somehow like Blue encens or 2Man by CdG. The cap is indeed very heavy, but the blue stone is a bit off centred. The quality of the box is very impressive, so is the golden arabesque on the bottle. He also has a bottle of Journey Man, also sticker on the box.
    Interlude has a strong oregano note which is probably what you're smelling, I find by spraying very lightly I get past this note and enjoy the fragrance. Journey Man is new so will have the sticker on the actual box, however sample and research before buying, I didn't think it was full bottle worthy. One fragrance I can highly recommend is Puredistance M.

That's doesn't mean anything. Made in Oman, Made In UK, sticker on box or on cellophane. There is an Interlude Man thread with tons of info all should read.
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    There is an Interlude Man thread with tons of info all should read.
    And here it is...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...-Interlude-Man
    Currently wearing: Aequalis by Mauboussin

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    That's doesn't mean anything. Made in Oman, Made In UK, sticker on box or on cellophane. There is an Interlude Man thread with tons of info all should read.
    If you think so.

Thanks all of you, I will have a look at the thread, I didn't find that here before, so it was specially usefull. Thank you all, again.

Interlude has a strong oregano note which is probably what you're smelling, I find by spraying very lightly I get past this note and enjoy the fragrance. Journey Man is new so will have the sticker on the actual box, however sample and research before buying, I didn't think it was full bottle worthy. One fragrance I can highly recommend is Puredistance M.
    Yes, indeed, I too think it's the oregano but it's different that the one we use on foor. Also, it reminds me of a sort of BO, but again different from that some say the smell in Cartier Declaration. I like both very much. Someone mentioned TM Pure Wood, and I agree to that, but for me Interlude man is a very close match to Ferrari Essence Oud, which I usspect most people thur their noses to Ferrari's. Interlude is EO less swwet and much more complex, but I can smell EO as a base for IM.

Another thing I've been think for a while is about how scents were stronger, nuclear, in the past. I am afraid I think it's our perception of things, after the novelty has worn off we tend to think and sense things in a different way, less carried about, and things tend to be seen, sensed as part of ordary life. I may be wrong, of course, but I remember that about 10 years ago, when I started really enjoing and BUYING scents, no matter what from who where, everything was so exciting , much more than today where expection never rarely match the actual experience. Just a thought, though.

Hello Dear All,
    I have just newly joined in this discussion. Recently, one of my relative bought for me Amouage Interlude Man 100 ml Eau de Parfum from Selfridges UK. I have requested to buy this Amouage Interlude Man from a reputed Shop. Can someone please help me on this issue, especially regarding the Batch Code. I have attached some photos herewith for your kind reference. Need your valuable opinion on this.39393158_1885130501796587_8881328387658874880_n.jpg39274484_2015746105340757_3337941246923505664_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

In relation to my earlier photos I am attaching here two more.39467518_1807776402634934_3201780664697356288_n.jpg

I am also in confusion bro. I have an Interlude Man and the Batch Code is Different. Is there any standard Batch Code for this perfume?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Matt View Post
    I am also in confusion bro. I have an Interlude Man and the Batch Code is Different. Is there any standard Batch Code for this perfume?
    I would not worry about batch codes. That is an batch code used in UK bottles that I suppose no one have yet encrypted those. We are seeing weird batch codes in Oman bottles too nowadays.

Never seen that gold printing at bottom of the bottle before. None of my bottles have that, even UK made Bracken do have only batch code under bottle.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

It was bought last month from Selfridges London. It's a magnetic cap reformulated version, I guess. It's a blind buy for me. I sprayed 2 times on a washed shirt. That smells like Middle Eastern Oud type fragrance. The opening is horrible and it lasts for 5 days on that shirt. I am not used to wear this type of fragrances. I use Paco Rabanne or Chanel. This is not sophisticated, not proper for official wearing. I have Xefjoff and Oud Ispahan and those were blind buy too. Man, this perfumes are so strange. But I like Polo Ralph Lauren a lot and Ralph Lauren Is my favourite, RL can be easily weared.

Is this Amouage Fake? It costs me 215 Pound Sterling.

Hello Dear Friends, Kindly let me know your opinion about Amouage Interlude Man. Is this Authentic or Fake? This one (photos uploaded bought from Selfridges, London). Already I have opened this box. So they won't take return. If it's not authentic, then I am afraid I have to buy it again, this time from Amouage UK. Seeking your honest opinion and kind reply.

Hello Dear Friends, Kindly let me know your opinion about Amouage Interlude Man. Is this Authentic or Fake? This one (photos uploaded bought from Selfridges, London). Already I have opened this box. So they won't take return. If it's not authentic, then I am afraid I have to buy it again, this time from Amouage UK. Seeking your honest opinion and kind reply.
    The bigger question here is, why do you think Selfridges would be selling fake fragrances? It's Selfridges, not Poundland. Your fragrance is real.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Thanks a lot man!!! It's a big help from your end. Actually I the fact is, there has been lots of reviews and opinions regarding this particular brand's packaging,batch codes, magnetic or non - magnetic cap issues, so far what I have read. And I guess I can't go back to 2012 to find that older version.And it's been already 6 years, so that version has an expiry date issue. Even after talking to people who are going to Oman can't assure me whether they ca

...whether they can find that old version. What i think (in my opinion only, that reformulation can be possible as there are factors such as harvesting and watering issues of plants , flowers or ingredients that can happen. There are many classic perfumes during our childhood that has changed a lot. That's sad. Those are just echoes now of what they use to be, for example Musc Ravageur and Armani eau pour homme. This is in my opinion only. I think there are experts here, those who can explain better than me.

In a case you do not like that current Interlude Man, I cannot see any reason you should try to hunt down the vintage. It might only be louder, stronger and longer lasting but the scent would be about the same.

Even many of us do love Interlude, it just might not be your thing.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Oh yeah man !!! Right you are, absolutely. I actually bought it after watching the reviews. It smells something like a fruit. But I like one, that's Byredo, that one is sophisticated and modern. My thought about Oud was something an element or ingredients to intensify the perfume long lasting. Never thought it smells like that way. To be honest, I bought 10 Oud Niche fragrances, just after watching the reviews. I haven't tried them actually with full 3 to 5 sprays. May be I have to sell them. My Polo Blue (parfum and edt) , Polo Green, and Black XS (8 bottles of Black XS old formula, I have) Kourus (old formula, i have half a bottle), YSL Pour Homme Concentrate, Chanel Egoiste, Antaeus, Van Cleef & Arpels, Boucheron Pour Homme etc. and last but not least Profumum Roma are beasts. There are few more I have those are not Oud oriented, those are from rare niche houses. I am 38 now, I have 25 years of experience about perfumes, since my adolescence. The introduction of Oud has become popular, 'cause the main stream lines are not performing like before. May be I am wrong.I guess I have to wear something that is both powerful as well as sophisticated. Not by choking, but hitting the nose of my surroundings every 15 to 30 seconds interval.

Pardon me for writing anything irrelevant (if any). There are so many people talking about this perfume for last 4/5 years, I must try it for few days. I have to understand as I am new to this fragrance. There are more experts here, I believe. So I should try it first, for few days. Thanks to all for your kind suggestions and help.

It was bought last month from Selfridges London. It's a magnetic cap reformulated version, I guess. It's a blind buy for me. I sprayed 2 times on a washed shirt. That smells like Middle Eastern Oud type fragrance. The opening is horrible and it lasts for 5 days on that shirt. I am not used to wear this type of fragrances. I use Paco Rabanne or Chanel. This is not sophisticated, not proper for official wearing. I have Xefjoff and Oud Ispahan and those were blind buy too. Man, this perfumes are so strange. But I like Polo Ralph Lauren a lot and Ralph Lauren Is my favourite, RL can be easily weared.

Is this Amouage Fake? It costs me 215 Pound Sterling.
    Fake - no. Interesting you sprayed a shirt - did you try it on skin? In any event I don't think it's for you. Why buy perfumes not in your preferred genre?
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will try it on my skin. I never sprayed Interlude Man on my skin before. I will give it a try. I strongly hope it will perform good with 2 sprays. As I have already bought it, I should give it a try. Thanks to all for your valuable opinion and suggestions.

Thumbs up Re: Amouage Interlude Man batch code

Guys, I am really sorry for what I wrote about Amouage Interlude Man. I wrote it "horrible". But that was the first impression, 'cause I never smelled this one before. Now after few days, after taking the valuable opinions of people, those who are really expert on this, I tried it on my skin. And now I boldly can say It is horrible Beautfiul, Amazing. Just Amazing. It lasted on my skin (after two sprays) for 14 to 16 hours and it had been projecting nuclear. It hit my nose, every 20 to 30 seconds. I took a shower later, and after shower, it was stil projecting (it was there, potent, the trail of Amouage Interlude Man). Amazing dry down. A little goes a long way. Oh my God, bunch of thanks to those wonderful people who opined. Thanks a lot guys. Every single penny worths for the Interlude Man.

New batches have a pizza note.
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Guys, I am really sorry for what I wrote about Amouage Interlude Man. I wrote it "horrible". But that was the first impression, 'cause I never smelled this one before. Now after few days, after taking the valuable opinions of people, those who are really expert on this, I tried it on my skin. And now I boldly can say It is horrible Beautfiul, Amazing. Just Amazing. It lasted on my skin (after two sprays) for 14 to 16 hours and it had been projecting nuclear. It hit my nose, every 20 to 30 seconds. I took a shower later, and after shower, it was stil projecting (it was there, potent, the trail of Amouage Interlude Man). Amazing dry down. A little goes a long way. Oh my God, bunch of thanks to those wonderful people who opined. Thanks a lot guys. Every single penny worths for the Interlude Man.
    That's great to hear! And thank you for the feedback, it's nice to know we were of some assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    New batches have a pizza note.

So there's tomato and cheese along with the oregano now?