Code of Conduct

Default Anyone here have experience wearing pure oud oil?

I was gifted these 2 vials by a family member who recently had returned from a trip to the middle east. There incredibly rich and strong in aroma. I actually enjoy the scents of these oils however.. It's absolutely nuclear in strength and lasts so long! So much to the point were I don't know how people around me will enjoy these scents themselves. ( I live in East Coast United States) .

What were people reactions or opinions on your pure oud oils?

They also got me Gucci Oud which was surprisingly good. Really nicesweet oud for western markets at the least.
    Last edited by Shoe12; 20th April 2015 at 01:46 AM.
    I like stuff.

Stuff I like -

The Big Lebowski

Default Re: Anyone here have experience wearing pure oud oil?

Search is your friend.
    Here's a good place to start.

I own 3 Oriscent ouds. I used to own many more, but sold them because I was having some cash flow problems.
    I love them - they are very unique. Compared to 'oud' fragrances, pure oud oils are like night and day.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Washington, DC

People in the Gulf like their perfumes big, as they should be. No problem wearing them in the West, I've done it before. But you want to go superlight if you're at work. And don't put on the neck or near the face, or you won't smell anything.

Is there a name on the 2 vials of your pure oud? Is it cambodian, hindi, laos or borneo oud? I wear pure oud all the time. The hindi oud are the one you have to be careful with, because it gives off a fecal scent...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

I've tried some from India and Cambodia once. Multifaceted with impressive depth but certainly not what I'd describe as overpowering or nuclear in strength. My experience with pure oud oils is not as extensive as that of some other BNers but their projected scents don't exactly reach across the room. I also feel oud is best used in small doses, as a partner other accords/notes.
    Currently wearing: Santal 33 by Le Labo