• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Help me to find out an Amber based fragrance. Whats your suggestions please?

hitman

Jan 28, 2015
Help me to find out an Amber based fragrance. Whats your suggestions please?

Thanks for all inputs and helping me out.

D

Deleted member 4545

The obvious - Ambre Sultan by Lutens.

Other great ones - Ambre Soie by Armani, Ambre Precieux by Maitre Parfumeur.

HackerX

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 21, 2004
+1 on Amber Sultan and Amber Precieux. Also try HDP Ambre 114

If money is not an obstacle for you then Roja Dove Amber Extrait, that's the best Amber I've tried by a wide margin.

cytherian

Nov 24, 2013
Best to qualify the "type" of amber that you're looking for. There are so many variations on amber, you could build a diverse collection centered just on that note. Do you like gourmand or dry? Heavy, or light? Leathery or floral? Many will align with some of these characteristics (to name just a few).

For instance, Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche is a thick and heavy semi-sweet amber, slightly smoky and leathery. Really nicely done for that type. OTOH, there's Etro Ambra, which is a lighter, slightly drier amber. Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Precieux is rather gourmand, as people have described. If it's too sweet, they have a limited edition Ambre Precieux Ultime, which is darker and drier.

Last edited:

hitman

Jan 28, 2015
hmmmm....Thanks for all wonderful suggestions, I am thinking to give a try to Ambre Preciaux very soon. Increasing interest in it ;)

easyfish

Jun 26, 2009
Ambre Précieux
Ambre Sultan
Blue Amber
Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterranea

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
I use Armani Myrrhe Imperial. Great amber fragrance that kicks off with a nice top note of quality myrrhe.

Having said that, I am not a fan of Amber as the main note in a fragrance.

Last edited:

hitman

Jan 28, 2015
Anyone tried "L’Artisan Parfumeur L’Eau d’Ambre Extreme Eau de Parfum"? If yes, then please share the feedback.
How we can compare it with "Ambre Preciaux"?

Zgb

Jan 20, 2009
Baldessarini Ambre - quite ok, boozy, relatively refined, seldom mentioned around here but it does have a few followers.