Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Anyone still use Molecule 01 as part of their daily rotation (or signature)?

Or, you know, it's flankers Escentric 01, Molecule 02, etc.

Just curious if the peeps here wear this stuff on it's own and wear it proudly. Been on the fence about buying a bottle for myself for this purpose since I can't settle on a light scent for daily wear.

Default Re: Anyone still use Molecule 01 as part of their daily rotation (or signature)?

I most certainly do.
    My current top 15

1. Portrait of a Lady
    2. Harrods Agarwood
    3. New York Oud
    4. Bleecker Street
    5. Oud Wood
    6. Straight to Heaven
    7. MFK APOM
    8. Tuscan Leather
    9. Grey Vetiver EdP
    10. Noir de Noir
    11. Cafe Rose
    12. MFK Oud
    13. Millesime Imperial
    14. Terre d' Hermes parfum
    15. Vetiver Extraordinaire

Check out my wardrobe. Interested in swapping decants or full bottles. Just ask.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone still use Molecule 01 as part of their daily rotation (or signature)?

I would have thought these are best used to enhance other fragrances, much like salt and pepper on food.

Power Where You Need It

I never used Molecule 01 but Escentric 01 has been in my rotation roster for quite a while….

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post

Just curious if the peeps here wear this stuff on it's own and wear it proudly. Been on the fence about buying a bottle for myself for this purpose since I can't settle on a light scent for daily wear.
    Sorry, not a fan of this one at all. In fact, haven't actually liked anything from this house.
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

I wear the original Molecule often. I can smell it in waves on myself all day.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    I wear the original Molecule often. I can smell it in waves on myself all day.
    Concur... catch waves of it for almost 12 hours. Will always be part of my collection and rotation
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Sorry, not a fan of this one at all. In fact, haven't actually liked anything from this house.
    Feel the same after having given them a try.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Just received a sample of Escentric 01, unsure about it. I suppose it will need a full day wear to find out if I like it

I liked Molecule 01 initially. After wearing it 4-5 times (a sample I ordered), I found it extremely boring. I could never really smell it, and it's a single note.

I would have seriously regretted buying a bottle, and am very glad I never did. I'd strongly advise sampling it a number of times before ordering.
    Sale thread 2013 Aventus & GIT! 2014 SMW! Bond no.9 Bleeker St! Guerlain SDV! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/449...71#post4300371!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

I agree that it comes and goes on me too. That's a somewhat rare but not unique characteristic. The problematic issue is what is smells like when it is present. I think at some point a saw some official ad copy touting that it smelled like taking a new laptop computer out of its packaging. For argument's sake, I am willing to concede that it meets that lofty aspiration.

I dislike the line, and it is not just because they all give me screaming headaches...
    I'm rejiggering my fragrance wardrobe and am selling some things in the marketplace.
    Chanel, Guerlain, Dior, SIP, L'Artisan, Misc Vintage Frags
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/465...-Vintage-Frags

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

I have a 10ml decant in a nice metal atomizer bottle that I thought I'd go through pretty quickly, but in 2+ years, I never did.

It's a one note fragrance, which means it's completely linear. There's no interesting depth to it - no nuances that change and evolve over time. It's just one note - one very nice smelling note, but one note nonetheless. I got too bored with it to keep wearing it. After I stopped wearing it, I thought I'd end up using it to layer with, but honestly, I'd rather wear one very well composed fragrance than combine two. I doubt I've layered fragrances even 5 times this year.

I have a lot of respect for Molecule 01, but I don't wear it anymore. Who knows... maybe I'll change my mind at some point. For now, I'm bored of it.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Celestia
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post

If you're unsure, get one of the Iso E Super solutions you can find on sites like eBay. Smells the exact same. Cost about $10 and if you don't like it, you not out as much as if you bought Molecule 01.
    Last edited by seethurya; 8th May 2015 at 09:38 PM.

I can't really smell them so I feel like they are a waste of my time and money...

Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar

I do...Everybody keeps mentioning Escentric 01 when Eccentric 02 to me is the better scent. Get loads of compliments with that one...More than Molecule 01..

And I don't care if I can't smell them sometimes...99% of the fragrances you spray on your body you cannot smell after a while...Its the nature of the beast.. I can't tell you how many fragrances I have that after 30 minutes to an hour they are already gone OR very faint in nature....Doesn't mean nobody else though cannot smell it..
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I do...Everybody keeps mentioning Escentric 01 when Eccentric 02 to me is the better scent. Get loads of compliments with that one...More than Molecule 01..

And I don't care if I can't smell them sometimes...99% of the fragrances you spray on your body you cannot smell after a while...Its the nature of the beast.. I can't tell you how many fragrances I have that after 30 minutes to an hour they are already gone OR very faint in nature....Doesn't mean nobody else though cannot smell it..
    I've been meaning to check out the others in the line for a while. The original I really like so can imagine also liking some more of the others.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    I've been meaning to check out the others in the line for a while. The original I really like so can imagine also liking some more of the others.
    You should try the Eccentric 02 from Eccentric Molecules...Its a beautiful scent combo of Jasmine and Iris but very bright with a warm finish...It's fantastic for the summer heat and I always get compliments when I wear it...Old, young, Middle age....I need to wear it more and have pulled it out a little more early this Summer and it never ceases to amaze me...Something so simple (2 notes) but with so much complexity...Trust me, you won't be disappointed with this one..
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    You should try the Eccentric 02 from Eccentric Molecules...Its a beautiful scent combo of Jasmine and Iris but very bright with a warm finish...It's fantastic for the summer heat and I always get compliments when I wear it...Old, young, Middle age....I need to wear it more and have pulled it out a little more early this Summer and it never ceases to amaze me...Something so simple (2 notes) but with so much complexity...Trust me, you won't be disappointed with this one..
    Thanks. Sold me.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.