Code of Conduct

Default What would Cipollini wear?

Grand Tour season starts this Sunday with Giro d'Italia.
    This made me wonder if I'd need a Euro cyclist ( https://eurocyclist.wordpress.com/about/ ) scent.
    I see sports casual, cycling brands, trainers/loafers, sunglasses as dress code. Teraces, small bars, ice cream parlours and pizza restaurants as habitate
    Espresso, bottled water, Coke, beer and Aperol or Martini Bianco consumed, Gazzetto Dello Sport, Eurosport and iPhones perused as much or more as ones bike

Hence my question, what wiffs around Cipo these days?

I'm thinking Xerjoff Mefisto or Ambre Topkapi, etc? Or something more citrus-like, Cartuhusia Corallium or Isotta Fraschini perhaps? Some of the kings of sports genre? Dior Homme Sports?

Feel free to toss in thoughts and ideas!

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

Default Re: What would Cipollini wear?

Racer by Pacoma
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I would vote for Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland. Exceptions for perfumes that come with an advertising contract with a designer label, but only if said label shows its collection in Milan during fashion week.

Incidentally, I noticed at least two mistakes in the description:
    1) legs shall not be shaved, they shall be waxed. This applies also to chest and other body parts, including bikini area.
    2) coffee with sugar is acceptable in coffee houses where the barista mixes it in himself (yes, there are now coffee places in Italy where no coffee, milk or anything is left outside for the client to use - you ask the barista for a coffee with sugar and the barista decides the optimal amount/roast/etc).

cacio

Super Mario?

Yellow Acqua di Parma to match his yellow jerseys...

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I would vote for Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland. Exceptions for perfumes that come with an advertising contract with a designer label, but only if said label shows its collection in Milan during fashion week.

Incidentally, I noticed at least two mistakes in the description:
    1) legs shall not be shaved, they shall be waxed. This applies also to chest and other body parts, including bikini area.
    2) coffee with sugar is acceptable in coffee houses where the barista mixes it in himself (yes, there are now coffee places in Italy where no coffee, milk or anything is left outside for the client to use - you ask the barista for a coffee with sugar and the barista decides the optimal amount/roast/etc).

Shaving vs. waxing is new to me. Regarding sugar, I can only say that since the original terms are old by now, some updates/changes must be imminent and acceptable

Thanks to all! It seems to me that the Euro-essence is strongly present in all recommendations

-Mark

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Body shaving is so '80s body-builder. These days, it's stubble-free waxing followed by AHA/BHA maintenance.

cacio

incidentally, wearing fragrance in the US peloton provokes numerous comments and snickers, but then again Mario Cipollini could get away with anything anywhere. He is so over the top (and always surrounded by ladies), so I would scent him with Tom Ford Tuscan Leather.
    Currently wearing: Coromandel by Chanel

Based on this mornings epiphany I had to dig this one up
    While viewing some Giro stuff yesterday I came up with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8vcHWqHXsE

Few years old clip on retired Cipo climbing for pleasure - and PR - in Corsica.
    Now, after seeing it and the commercial for his Bond I think it is obvious that the man wears Mazzolari Lui

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

One of the best sprinter Italy has had. I think he would wear something Italian, maybe Armani .

Btw - His bicycles are also very good looking.

^
    Yup! Nuke is one cool bike!

My choice would be either Bond or RB800. Would I be looking for a plastic bullet, that is.

-Mark

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk