Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default I really like Ralph Lauren Blue. But what is your experience on the longevity?

I bought a new bottle recently. But I'm rather disappointed at how quickly it dissipates. I can't really smell it after 30mins. How does it fair for everyone else?

I'm worried that I may have bought a counterfeit if that's the case. I paid the US equivalent of 66USD. It wasn't a shady retailer perse. Was located within my neighbourhood

Since I can't post links, I don' know how else to post the pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Default Re: I really like Ralph Lauren Blue. But what is your experience on the longevity?

I recall only trying it once and longevity was fleeting on my skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: I really like Ralph Lauren Blue. But what is your experience on the longevity?

I started spraying my wrists, which I always do now, to be able to track how long a fragrance is lasting. Otherwise I adapt to some fragrances and can hardly smell them.

Another fragrance you can try that will give you great longevity, and that smells like a nice, edgy Polo Blue, although it's harsh at the very first: Acqua di Gio Essenza.

After about 5 minutes, Polo Blue and Acqua di Gio Essenza have a similar smell, and Essenza has something extra about it. And the longevity is great.

Polo Blue is nice too, though. Spray your wrists, and maybe go a little heavy on this one: 5 or 6 sprays. With ADG Essenza, keep it to 3 or 4 sprays.

Ah yes, perhaps it's how I spray it. I shall play around and find the best way to maintain the wonderful scent.

I shall take a gander on ADG if I can find a reasonable price for it

Basenotes Plus

WHAT longevity???

Exactly.

Oh you're from Singapore as well? Hello!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Rong View Post
    Oh you're from Singapore as well? Hello!
    Hello, there!

I own and have owned several RL fragrances including Blue, which is a favorite of mine. I have sometimes felt that RL has an issue with the spray nozzles they use on their bottle. The issue is they emit a smaller volume of fragrance per spray. I don't know if this is really true as I've never actually tested it in any way, but if you search the forum archive it may be that the issue was discussed in previous threads.

If you are wearing one of their heavier fragrances, like Safari or the original Polo Green it's not as noticeable, but with an aquatic like Blue you have to give extra sprays. I don't want to spread any rumors or give you false information, but I sometimes have wondered if it is true?

I give Blue about 4-5 sprays and it lasts on me all day. Compared to AdG Essenza, I only need2 sprays for the same result.