Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Question Virgin Island Water 2014 - No coconut ?

Hi all, new to basenotes...

Just wondering if anyone has recently purchased a 2014 batch of VIW - I recently bought one A6214D01 to be exact and i find it really lacks the coconut note. I had gotten a sample from a Harry Rosen and loved the scent, but when I purchased my own I found a distinct lack of the coconut to which I can really only detect the lime and rum as top notes. The coconut doesn't even seem to come into play as the fragrance dries down. I will try returning this if I can but has anyone else found this to be true?

Thanks!

Default Re: Virgin Island Water 2014 - No coconut ?

That's interesting, I would think the coconut, a major player in this fragrance would be noticeable in any formulation or batch.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

First time I ever heard of that with VIW. I know sometimes there's the lime or coconut being more prominent, but for one note to be totally out of the picture is strange.

With my bottle of VIW there is NO mistaken the presence of coconut what-so-ever. It's in your face and delicious.

In mine coconut is pretty obvious, its also 14 batch.

I have a 2014 batch and it's noticeable to some degree. I personally prefer it not being dominant, as I like the lime/rum more. It's certainly there in mine though.
    Split Thread - AVENTUS (15R01)! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread - DHS 2008 http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!
    Swap Thread - DHS 2008 / Lomani AB Spirit Silver http://www.basenotes.net/threads/407...-Spirit-Silver

Interesting because I got a sample from the store which lasted at least 12 hours with great silage but when i got my bottle it lasts only around 2 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by millboss View Post

I found a distinct lack of the coconut to which I can really only detect the lime and rum as top notes. The coconut doesn't even seem to come into play as the fragrance dries down. I will try returning this if I can but has anyone else found this to be true?

Thanks!
    I had the same exact problem. Longevity was terrible as well. But for some reason the fragrance started to change after about 2 weeks of use. Weird. Now, it is still very Lime dominant in the opening, but I can smell the coconut/jasmine/sugar combo in the heart & dry down. It's not straight coconut, but like coconut mixed with sugar & some florals. I read somewhere here on Basenotes that Creed fragrances need some time to aerate & they will come into their own. Not sure if this is true, but give it some time & let me know if you notice any changes.

Wish I could help. I have a 2011 batch coconut is there but not super strong.

This has given me hope!! Hopefully this pans out well

Quote Originally Posted by rcarrido View Post
    I had the same exact problem. Longevity was terrible as well. But for some reason the fragrance started to change after about 2 weeks of use. Weird. Now, it is still very Lime dominant in the opening, but I can smell the coconut/jasmine/sugar combo in the heart & dry down. It's not straight coconut, but like coconut mixed with sugar & some florals. I read somewhere here on Basenotes that Creed fragrances need some time to aerate & they will come into their own. Not sure if this is true, but give it some time & let me know if you notice any changes.
    This seems to give me hope, im praying it pans out to be true..
    Thanks!