Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by hoschhti View Post
    By the way, does anybody know if "Ame Sombre" has undergone some kind of reformulation? I ordered mine (if I remember correctly) in 2016 on ebay and (if I remember correctly again) the description didn't feature "beeswax" and "30-year-aged patchouli", but maybe he just forgot these ingredients in the description. I am extremely anal and paranoid about things like that (OCD).
    All these attars change very slightly in composition over the years. The aim is to make the new batch the same or better than before. But ingredients run out and some cannot be replaced adequately, which explains why some of the compositions don't come back, or take a while to come back, as in the case of Incense Royale. Sultan won't release something if it isn't as good as before.

As far as Ame Sombre is concerned, the original listing didn't mention aged patchouli and beeswax, but that doesn't mean it wasn't in there. He probably got hold of an even better batch of patchouli and started using it in Ame Sombre, an upgrade that doesn't change the overall profile.

Quote Originally Posted by mraza203 View Post
    I have an old sample pack of all his 2017-2018 creation . I know what to expect . I owned few SP attars . I am very intrigued about Nuit Persane and Ensar rose / all new creation. I will blind buy and hopefully it will come with some samples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry mraza203, I misunderstood what you wrote. There isn't much info around about Nuit Persane but I'm sure you won't be taking much of a risk with your blind buy. Here is a tiny impression from the Facebook group, courtesy of Will Hawkes:
    'My scent today is Nuit Persane. A symphony of saffron and rose, this is indeed the finest saffron fragrance I have ever smelled. I don’t see this one talked about enough and It should be considered amongst his greatest.'

Concerning Ensar Rose, this is definitely an opulent composition with a beautiful rose, very elegant oud and ambregris and sandalwood. Compared to the typical oud/rose combos, this is far more refined and elegant.

Today I'm wearing Thebes 1 and it is beautiful and has this haunting loneliness to it's nature.

When applied to your skin you get the smell of a worn leather jacket coupled with a cool iris accord. Imagine Indiana Jones all by himself approaching a ancient untouched temple in the jungle early on in the morning. As Indy enters this temple their is no longer a roof and all the stonework has been overgrown with thick green vines and tropical flowers.

As Indy is searching for something the smell of Lily Of The Valley mixes in with Indy's worn leather jacket and the iris, the cool morning jungle air can be felt giving the scent a freshness. As time goes by as Indy searches the temple, roses and ambergris can be smelled in the mix.

The scent is very sombre and meditative with that lonely vibe that you are all by-yourself contemplating the meaning of life. All in all another beautiful fragrance by Sultan Pasha. Wow!

"There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    2. Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boisee
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Awesome description, Jack! I received the sampler package late last week. Haven’t found the time to dig in yet.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma
    Currently wearing: Bonheur by Bortnikoff

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Awesome description, Jack! I received the sampler package late last week. Haven’t found the time to dig in yet.
    You are in for such a treat, there so many beautiful fragrances that can really touch your soul. Enjoy and please post your thoughts when you get to try them!

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Today I'm wearing Thebes 1 and it is beautiful and has this haunting loneliness to it's nature.

When applied to your skin you get the smell of a worn leather jacket coupled with a cool iris accord. Imagine Indiana Jones all by himself approaching a ancient untouched temple in the jungle early on in the morning. As Indy enters this temple their is no longer a roof and all the stonework has been overgrown with thick green vines and tropical flowers.

As Indy is searching for something the smell of Lily Of The Valley mixes in with Indy's worn leather jacket and the iris, the cool morning jungle air can be felt giving the scent a freshness. As time goes by as Indy searches the temple, roses and ambergris can be smelled in the mix.

The scent is very sombre and meditative with that lonely vibe that you are all by-yourself contemplating the meaning of life. All in all another beautiful fragrance by Sultan Pasha. Wow!

Another excellent description. Thank you. Thebes is Sultan's homage to the oldest Djedi. Speaking of homage, I love Encens Chypre.

https://olfactivedreams.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque View Post
    Another excellent description. Thank you. Thebes is Sultan's homage to the oldest Djedi. Speaking of homage, I love Encens Chypre.

https://olfactivedreams.blogspot.com
    I love Encens Chypre too. In fact I had to put my attars in a old watch box as I could smell them in the air about 5ft away from the shelf I had them sitting on. They were that potent.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

I love Encens Chypre too. In fact I had to put my attars in a old watch box as I could smell them in the air about 5ft away from the shelf I had them sitting on. They were that potent.
    Whilst taking the stick off, a big drop amount of Encens Chypre went straight to my t-shirt. I had to change it after 15 minutes it was diffusing too strongly for me. I wore it two days later. I don't let any SPA go to waste! Now after almost 15 months(since purchase), it is still as potent before. The price is quite modest too. He can easily charge £75/ml for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque View Post
    Whilst taking the stick off, a big drop amount of Encens Chypre went straight to my t-shirt. I had to change it after 15 minutes it was diffusing too strongly for me. I wore it two days later. I don't let any SPA go to waste! Now after almost 15 months(since purchase), it is still as potent before. The price is quite modest too. He can easily charge £75/ml for it!
    Lol.... They are not ones you want to over-apply otherwise you will be punished by the sheer power of them. I could go bankrupt buying his fragrances, there are so many I could buy. Amongst the ones I have I got a 3ml bottle of L’Heure D’Or, I find the fresh orange blossom and roses coupled with the animalics so compelling to smell.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Lol.... They are not ones you want to over-apply otherwise you will be punished by the sheer power of them. I could go bankrupt buying his fragrances, there are so many I could buy. Amongst the ones I have I got a 3ml bottle of L’Heure D’Or, I find the fresh orange blossom and roses coupled with the animalics so compelling to smell.
    Jack I have been really enjoying your interpretations of all of Sultan's babies. It has been exciting to hear your many twists and turns on each one. I have never had the pleasure to sample any of these personally but I feel I am getting a front row seat with each description. I must admit hearing that many of these will be in fragrance form perked my attention. I hope this becomes reality very soon. Again, keep these reviews coming.

Indeed. I use very small amount probably one or two pin head amount. I cannot detect many nuances if I over-apply more than that. Same thing happens with artisan ouds. Better for the wallet too.

Quote Originally Posted by hoschhti View Post
    By the way, does anybody know if "Ame Sombre" has undergone some kind of reformulation? I ordered mine (if I remember correctly) in 2016 on ebay and (if I remember correctly again) the description didn't feature "beeswax" and "30-year-aged patchouli", but maybe he just forgot these ingredients in the description. I am extremely anal and paranoid about things like that (OCD).
    It turns out that it is the definitely the same composition and the aged patchouli and beeswax were always in it. Hope that helps.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Le vagabond View Post
    It turns out that it is the definitely the same composition and the aged patchouli and beeswax were always in it. Hope that helps.
    Thanks!
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Vinyl can suck my Discman

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Jack I have been really enjoying your interpretations of all of Sultan's babies. It has been exciting to hear your many twists and turns on each one. I have never had the pleasure to sample any of these personally but I feel I am getting a front row seat with each description. I must admit hearing that many of these will be in fragrance form perked my attention. I hope this becomes reality very soon. Again, keep these reviews coming.
    Thanks it's been a real joy testing them out. As it's Sunday I've applied my sample of his Incense attar. Will update thought on this one later on as it develops on my skin.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Pure Incense

Well this was pretty much a non event. At the start I got a very balsamic resinous myrrh that was slightly sweet. A bit of cedar joined the fray and then five minutes later it was a skin scent. Slight whiffs I've myrrh when I put my nose closer to my wrist but that was it. Wham bam thank you Mam. Must be skin chemistry with this one. Will apply another sample from the two I have later this afternoon sometime.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Equilibre

Oh my God this is another beautiful stunner by Sultan Pasha. If this scent was a woman I would swim oceans, climb mountains and wrestle Tigers for her hand in marriage.

On the opening you have a juicy lime with some cheesy barnyard Oud which disappears within two minutes to add that creamy depth to the scent. Then you have a beautiful orange blossom and neroli wrapped up in a gorgeous freshness. At this stage it smells exactly like vintage Kobe from Xerjoff and it smells amazing.

Every so often you get a animalic hint coming from the Oud that adds sensuality along with a slight creaminess. I've said this before but I love the way he adds animalics to his scents to a smaller or larger degree for that contrast. I don't mind the cheesy barnyard type of oud as it vanishes quickly and adds such good depth to a scent.

So here I am surrounded in a halo of lush fresh neroli and orange blossom with it's creamy depth and animalic hints. Wonderful!

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

Thanks Jack! That seems to be one I will have to get. Sounds beautiful.

Today it’s Truffe Noir which is just SO lovely. I wish I had the vocabulary and the knowledge to explain what I am smelling here.

He says the notes are:
    Top: meyer lemon, clary sage, bergamot, lavender

Middle: lavender absolute, damascena rose, jasmine grandiflorum, violet leaf, lily of the valley.

Base: white ambergris, Mysore sandalwood, civet, musk, opoponax, guaicwood, patchouli, Siamese benzoin, tonka, oakmoss, spices.

But what I get is not a lavender I am familiar with. Not a barbershop lavender. It’s lavender in a tuxedo and you don’t recognize him until you really look closely. Similarly I don’t get jasmine or rose or violet leaf, but it is a magnificent costume. Never have I experienced something like this since the last Sultan Pasha I loved as much.

Sheesh. My concern is that Sultan Pasha continues his journey in great health. Truly he is a master.

For me, Sultan Pasha's nose agrees with mine.
    I literally like 90% of his offerings.
    One of the best noses' currently in the business.
    If I like the notes, it's a safe buy for me.

Basenotes Plus

I can safely blind by any Sultan Pasha.

The hardest one to really love so far is Ame Sombre, which I think is hard to love due to the saffron note. But I love it.

My big worry with someone like Sultan Pasha is as he grows big and more successful, reformulations and so forth that may make us miss the “old” Sultan Pasha.

And he is also, by the way, the nicest person.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Thanks Jack! That seems to be one I will have to get. Sounds beautiful.

Today it’s Truffe Noir which is just SO lovely. I wish I had the vocabulary and the knowledge to explain what I am smelling here.

He says the notes are:
    Top: meyer lemon, clary sage, bergamot, lavender

Middle: lavender absolute, damascena rose, jasmine grandiflorum, violet leaf, lily of the valley.

Base: white ambergris, Mysore sandalwood, civet, musk, opoponax, guaicwood, patchouli, Siamese benzoin, tonka, oakmoss, spices.

But what I get is not a lavender I am familiar with. Not a barbershop lavender. It’s lavender in a tuxedo and you don’t recognize him until you really look closely. Similarly I don’t get jasmine or rose or violet leaf, but it is a magnificent costume. Never have I experienced something like this since the last Sultan Pasha I loved as much.

Sheesh. My concern is that Sultan Pasha continues his journey in great health. Truly he is a master.
    That sounds like another endless beauty in his line up. I see he uses lily of the valley again in the note breakdown, that is my favourite note and he uses it in quite a few of his fragrances. I already have five bottles of his scents and could easily get many more.

I was looking at Tabac Grande and Carnival d Havana, they both look like tobacco scents. Have you smelled them, which is the best. Does that Havana one have that Cuban Cigar smell because that smell is awesome. I love the smell of Cuban tobacco.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

The only one I've struggled with and is hard to love is Dewaniya. And that's because the oud used is of the medicinal variety. It's hard to love a scent if it reminds you of a hospital. I'm going to keep wearing it now and again to see if I can get past it or it reveals other facets to compensate. Sometimes you have to shift your perspective because usually you become fixated on one dominant accord and you can be blind to other notes. Especially if the scent is complex like Sultan Pashas.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Default Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

Tabac grande is awesome and it projects like crazy. Best projecting SP attar . Maybe the best tobacco/cigar type attar out there

Tabac grande is awesome and it projects like crazy. Best projecting SP attar . Maybe the best tobacco/cigar type attar out there

That's good to know. Thanks.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

That's good to know. Thanks.
    Correction, I meant best projecting SP attar based on 2017-2018 offering . I have yet to try new attars from SP. maybe 8-10 new ones out there

Equilibre

Oh my God this is another beautiful stunner by Sultan Pasha. If this scent was a woman I would swim oceans, climb mountains and wrestle Tigers for her hand in marriage.

On the opening you have a juicy lime with some cheesy barnyard Oud which disappears within two minutes to add that creamy depth to the scent. Then you have a beautiful orange blossom and neroli wrapped up in a gorgeous freshness. At this stage it smells exactly like vintage Kobe from Xerjoff and it smells amazing.

Every so often you get a animalic hint coming from the Oud that adds sensuality along with a slight creaminess. I've said this before but I love the way he adds animalics to his scents to a smaller or larger degree for that contrast. I don't mind the cheesy barnyard type of oud as it vanishes quickly and adds such good depth to a scent.

So here I am surrounded in a halo of lush fresh neroli and orange blossom with it's creamy depth and animalic hints. Wonderful!

How’s the performance on this one ? With your review I am considering to place order for fougere noir and this one .

How’s the performance on this one ? With your review I am considering to place order for fougere noir and this one .

Well I applied it at about 1pm so it's been six and a half hours and it's still there projecting quiet nicely, gorgeous stuff. I'm going to get Fougere Noire too,It's one of those scents where you smell it and you just reach for your wallet no questions asked.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

That sounds like another endless beauty in his line up. I see he uses lily of the valley again in the note breakdown, that is my favourite note and he uses it in quite a few of his fragrances. I already have five bottles of his scents and could easily get many more.

I was looking at Tabac Grande and Carnival d Havana, they both look like tobacco scents. Have you smelled them, which is the best. Does that Havana one have that Cuban Cigar smell because that smell is awesome. I love the smell of Cuban tobacco.
    I have both. I suggest Tabac Grande over. Carnival d Havana, although that is great too. Tabac Grande is just the most magnificent tobacco fragrance ever. Which says a lot given the competition. A must have.

Basenotes Plus

Agreed.

Basenotes Plus

Tabac Grande is just the most magnificent tobacco fragrance ever. Which says a lot given the competition. A must have.
    Agreed. Just pips out Sicilian Vanilla Attar for me.

I was watching a YouTube video earlier, Sultan Pasha is coming up with some EDP sprays. Needless to say, I am excited.

I have both. I suggest Tabac Grande over. Carnival d Havana, although that is great too. Tabac Grande is just the most magnificent tobacco fragrance ever. Which says a lot given the competition. A must have.
    Thanks that sounds so good I'm going to add a 1ml bottle on my next order.

The longevity on yesterdays fragrance the beautiful Equilibre lasted from about 1pm to 2am and I could still smell traces of it this morning. Such a perfect Summer scent that it's on the list for my next order.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of his attars and which i got yesterday is out of the blue you will get a waft of scent that you have never smelled before. Like a mystical breeze of something special and then it's gone as quick as it came. Leaving you wondering what was that, masterful blending and complexity methinks where you experience a hidden facet.

I'm on my last sample now and it's called Irisoir, will update thought later on this one.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast