Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Frangrances

heya folks,
    I am unable to find any SP blend locally, is there anyone who can give me the ebay link please? by reading this thread i am keen to try.

Thanks

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by mraza203 View Post
    Many ways to wear attar. Western vs middle eastern vs European vs American .
    We all have different way to apply . So whatever works for everyone . I like some attar on my skin , either ear or neck or maybe towards the end of rub on face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, and I am not saying any method is better. I'm just observing that on clothes it may not project as well and may not evaporate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwhiffy View Post
    heya folks,
    I am unable to find any SP blend locally, is there anyone who can give me the ebay link please? by reading this thread i am keen to try.

Thanks
    He is no longer on Ebay, he now has his own website: https://sultanpashaattars.com/
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    2. Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boisee
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Try Truffe Noir...it is AMAZING.

Today is Ensar Rose and this is breathtaking to me...took a few hours to really develop...

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Try Truffe Noir...it is AMAZING.

Today is Ensar Rose and this is breathtaking to me...took a few hours to really develop...
    Unfortunately I did not get the Truffe Noir in my sample pack. Enjoy that Ensar Rose, the drydown of that was simply stunning. Especially when the honeyed rose blends with real Mysore Sandalwood.

I'm wearing Vetiver Blanc and even though it has tuberose which I don't like that much and Gardenia which is usually too feminine. I have to say this smells really gorgeous. Will update thoughts on it later.

I'm also testing it with a new bracelet diffuser which looks cool on my wrist. I just placed some oil on a pad and then placed it in the face (it's like a watch but with a tree design instead of a clockface). It's working beautifully.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

nice idea! I love the idea. I do the shirts, as you know, but it tends to slow down the emission of the scent.

Vetiver Blanc is AMAZING.

I went with Le Rayon Vert today. This is a stunner and full bottle worthy. The garden analogy is apt. I get a lot of bitterness from the artemisia initially, but after a few hours that settles down. I am about eight hours in, and it has mellowed to a beautiful fougere-like fragrance. The ambergris and oakmoss go perfectly together. Just so good.
    Currently wearing: London by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by jdp191 View Post
    I went with Le Rayon Vert today. This is a stunner and full bottle worthy. The garden analogy is apt. I get a lot of bitterness from the artemisia initially, but after a few hours that settles down. I am about eight hours in, and it has mellowed to a beautiful fougere-like fragrance. The ambergris and oakmoss go perfectly together. Just so good.
    Glad you like it, it really impressed me. So beautiful and you cannot help thinking of gardens, flowers, green fields when you smell it.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

nice idea! I love the idea. I do the shirts, as you know, but it tends to slow down the emission of the scent.

Vetiver Blanc is AMAZING.
    Do you have any preferences of these scents in order. Perhaps a top ten list if possible. I find it fascinating all the viewpoints on so many various options.
    Currently wearing: Oud Monarch by Bortnikoff

Vetiver Blanc

Now this is gorgeous and I like it which is a surprise as I don't like tuberose in a scent but here it's blended well so I don't mind it so much. It does lean towards the feminine spectrum but not crazy so that I did not enjoy it. It's very nice!

It opens up with a very fresh blend of tuberose, gardenia, neroli, vetiver and ambergris and smells floral, fresh and salty. The gardenia is done so it does not overwhelm which is a accomplishment as that note can really take over if not blended properly.

The neroli note really lends a beautiful floral tinge to the overall freshness. After a hour or so when the tuberose/gardenia have calmed down the vetiver becomes more apparent and it's blended seamlessly with ambergris. You get that salty aspect with the vetiver and then the neroli just adds that gorgeous hue to the blend. And that's what you are left with to my nose in the drydown, a lovely salty ambergris vetiver that is made more beautiful with a shimmer of neroli when you can smell a waft of it drifting towards your nose.

I've bought a bracelet oil diffuser mentioned above, the pads you place the oil on must be specially designed to project the oils well. As I got good projection and the sillage was good that when I left the room and went back in I can smell the scent well in the air. Looks cool as well.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

wow, Jack, I love your reviews and cool photos.

Couldn't agree more with your assessment of Vetiver Blanc although you put it much better than I ever could.

That bracelet idea is more and more appealing...the problem with the shirt is as I said, many attars don't project well...

wow, Jack, I love your reviews and cool photos.

Couldn't agree more with your assessment of Vetiver Blanc although you put it much better than I ever could.

That bracelet idea is more and more appealing...the problem with the shirt is as I said, many attars don't project well...
    Your right they don't as much and the staining of them is a issue for me so it's a big no no. With this diffuser as it's on your wrist and your moving your arms around constantly you always can pick up a waft of the scent.

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

today I tried Juriah.

A sample.

What a spectacular attar.

I think it's close to or maybe better than Malik al Taib, which is one of my all time favorites.

It does seem to show some lighter and brighter faces as it progresses, not as dark as Malik al Taib. This makes it much more than "just" a rose-oud fragrance.

I'm wearing Etude in Fougere today, and this really is next-level stuff. I have a small handful of fougeres that I love and that I go to when I am in the mood for a fougere. I think this may top them all. As with all of these attars, I will have to give them multiple wearings to get the full measure of them, but this is just so impressive!

Basenotes Plus

I am speechless.

Jardin de Borneo is blowing me away.

It is shifting and changing and I've never experienced this intensity of gardenia but it isn't gardenia it's an entire orchestra and unbelievable. This may be my new favorite.

Basenotes Plus

Carnival D’Havana today.

There is something about this that adds up to 100 times more than a “tobacco scent”. It is really interesting how Sultan creates vivid emotional feelings with his fragrances. This one does indeed feel to me nostalgic and brings me back to a mythical childhood somehow, perhaps in a marketplace as a little boy smelling all these incredible odors and walking through aisles with cigar rollers and food vendors and perfumers...

Basenotes Plus

Carnival D’Havana lasted a long time, all day. And it had a pissy urinal animalic drydown that I just love and have noticed on other Sultan Pashas now and then. I think it’s from real animalics. Really neat, LOL.

Basenotes Plus

Carnival D’Havana lasted a long time, all day. And it had a pissy urinal animalic drydown that I just love and have noticed on other Sultan Pashas now and then. I think it’s from real animalics. Really neat, LOL.
    When I first embarked on this 'fragrance journey' (to be perfectly pretentious about it) about five years ago now, strong animalics used to bother me quite a lot, and there was always the consideration in the back of my mind whether something could be worn in polite company or not. However, cue ahead to today and that concern is pretty much gone, with most strongly animalic perfume that's made and blended well I find comforting rather than disquieting. Perhaps because I rather enjoy being reminded that humans are still animals, and not plants or flowers or worse, edible gourmands.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Patchouly by Etro

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    When I first embarked on this 'fragrance journey' (to be perfectly pretentious about it) about five years ago now, strong animalics used to bother me quite a lot, and there was always the consideration in the back of my mind whether something could be worn in polite company or not. However, cue ahead to today and that concern is pretty much gone, with most strongly animalic perfume that's made and blended well I find comforting rather than disquieting. Perhaps because I rather enjoy being reminded that humans are still animals, and not plants or flowers or worse, edible gourmands.
    Well said. I don’t think anyone else smells it, and if they do, who cares.

Basenotes Plus

I will add, stuff that I used to think was super raunchy I wear fairly easily now and don't bat an eye at the animalics of today, especially compared to what they once were, 30-40-50-60 years ago. Even the raunchiest of today is tame by comparison, though I admit to being surprised recently by vintage Kouros and it's vivid "man funk".
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Patchouly by Etro

I ordered a 1 ml attar a week ago. I never received a shipping confirmation. I emailed as well as i will be in London in a few weeks and would like to smell some other scents. Haven’t received any responses . What have your experiences been with Sultan Pasha?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Streetdaddy View Post
    I ordered a 1 ml attar a week ago. I never received a shipping confirmation. I emailed as well as i will be in London in a few weeks and would like to smell some other scents. Haven’t received any responses . What have your experiences been with Sultan Pasha?
    100% reliable. Ships slowly. 3 weeks is often time before he ships.

Basenotes Plus

L’Ephemere today. Fantastic. Lasted all day. 12 hours or more. Striking.

Thank you thrilledchilled. I live in US where we have no patience, lol

Is there a store in London? I would love to stop in and visit while on my vacation.

Basenotes Plus

Is there a store in London? I would love to stop in and visit while on my vacation.
    Sultan Pasha is (so far as I know) a guy working from home or perhaps a tiny office. He is by himself. He isn’t a big brand.

This is artisanal, meaning the perfumer fills the bottles and fills the orders.

I am in the U.S. as well, and it took about four weeks to get a sample pack. I would think you would get your 1ml sooner than I got my sample pack as those are much more labor intensive. I think he still does everything by himself, so it takes a little longer. It is worth the wait for sure.

On deck today is Irisoir. This is a MUST TRY for you iris lovers out there. I confess that iris is not my favorite note, but I am liking it more and more as I get more exposure to it. I did notice right away the similarities between Irisoir and L'eure Bleue. As with every other SP I've tried, you can tell the quality is there. This may supplant Irisss as my reference iris fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by jdp191 View Post
    I am in the U.S. as well, and it took about four weeks to get a sample pack. I would think you would get your 1ml sooner than I got my sample pack as those are much more labor intensive. I think he still does everything by himself, so it takes a little longer. It is worth the wait for sure.
    Very nice to know he is a one man band so to speak. Ordered June 8 and still showing my order unfulfilled today on the 18th. I already understood the shipping out of his control is slow. So I see a month to six weeks is in the cards for me. Still if these accounts above hold my attention like so many others have experienced it will be worth the wait.

I have sent a e-mail a couple of days ago and not heard a thing. I am now understanding why. I bet just by this thread alone and the high praise for nearly each composition a lot of new faces like myself have ordered. He might be completely overwhelmed by the volume. Perhaps he may be able to expand if he wishes.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast