Code of Conduct
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Frangrances

Quote Originally Posted by jdp191 View Post
    On deck today is Irisoir. This is a MUST TRY for you iris lovers out there. I confess that iris is not my favorite note, but I am liking it more and more as I get more exposure to it. I did notice right away the similarities between Irisoir and L'eure Bleue. As with every other SP I've tried, you can tell the quality is there. This may supplant Irisss as my reference iris fragrance.
    this is amazing. The best Iris ever. It is not a loud iris but a magnificent one.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I have sent a e-mail a couple of days ago and not heard a thing. I am now understanding why. I bet just by this thread alone and the high praise for nearly each composition a lot of new faces like myself have ordered. He might be completely overwhelmed by the volume. Perhaps he may be able to expand if he wishes.

Just be patient. It can take 3 - 4 weeks for him to ship. This is what it is. He's an artisan. It's tough for him to handle it all. He will ship. I'm waiting for Cuir de Russie to ship.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Just be patient. It can take 3 - 4 weeks for him to ship. This is what it is. He's an artisan. It's tough for him to handle it all. He will ship. I'm waiting for Cuir de Russie to ship.
    Thanks I understand it better now. By the way do you have a top five to try for newbies like myself. I love Iris such as Atessa and Iriss(Xerjoff) how does Irisor stack up?
    Currently wearing: Montabaco by Ormonde Jayne

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

I love Irisoir. It is the finest iris I've experienced, but I do not have experience with Atessa and Iriss.

I do love other iris fragrances, but for true iris, Sultan Pasha is unsurpassed.

Thanks I understand it better now. By the way do you have a top five to try for newbies like myself. I love Iris such as Atessa and Iriss(Xerjoff) how does Irisor stack up?
    I think in terms of overall composition, Irisoir is probably closer to L'Heure Bleue than those iris soliflore such as L'Attesa and Irisss. It shares a similarly honeyed, powdery floral heart of lilac, carnation, mimosa and almond-y heliotrope like the bouquet in L'Heure Bleue, but reduces the tonka/vanilla-driven Guerlinade and amps up the iris and violet part.

The iris here shows more of the characteristics of orris to my nose, velvety and plush, but also oddly delicate and with a violet-tinted woody elegance. Between L'Attesa and Irisss, I'd say Irisss is probably more representative of these aspect of iris, while the almost vapour-cooked carrot-like aspect in L'Attesa is not really present in Irisoir to my nose.

Personally speaking, I think Irisoir actually improves upon L'Heure Bleue, rendering a more lively and dynamic composition while the Guerlinade in L'Heure Bleue kind of muffles the iris, violet and floral bouquet in the middle. Although I'd hesitate to recommend it as an iris soliflore because there's so much more going on, I'd definitely recommend it as one of the best iris-driven compositions that lets iris to be the foundation (organically blending it in to provide its velvety, almost buttery texture to the other notes) and the star (showcasing its elegant nuances) at the same time.
    Last edited by StellaDiverFlynn; 19th June 2019 at 01:23 PM.
    Currently wearing: Club Design by The Zoo

My favorite 5 from Sultan as of now would be:
    Equilibre
    Dewaniya
    Etude en Fougere (just ordered 3ml today)
    Shamamah
    And maybe Tabac Grande

I also have 3ml of Jardin de Borneo Gardenia which is amazing stuff, but I need to spend more time with it in different climatic conditions to really understand it better.

All of his iris fragrances are also incredible. And he has multiple variations on the Rose/Oud theme as well.

But it’s hard to pick only 5, as you’ll see if you get the sample set which is highly, highly recommended. (Maybe you are getting it I forget) There are so many, that are so good, that it’s very difficult to narrow down, and everyone will have different favorites. I mean, just today I revisited Le Rayon Vert, which I’ve sampled several times over the past year, and gosh it’s so good. I enjoyed it more today than I have before, and am now debating on adding 1ml to my Etude en Fougere order. Doing another wearing of it tomorrow to see.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    My favorite 5 from Sultan as of now would be:
    Equilibre
    Dewaniya
    Etude en Fougere (just ordered 3ml today)
    Shamamah
    And maybe Tabac Grande

I also have 3ml of Jardin de Borneo Gardenia which is amazing stuff, but I need to spend more time with it in different climatic conditions to really understand it better.

All of his iris fragrances are also incredible. And he has multiple variations on the Rose/Oud theme as well.

But it’s hard to pick only 5, as you’ll see if you get the sample set which is highly, highly recommended. (Maybe you are getting it I forget) There are so many, that are so good, that it’s very difficult to narrow down, and everyone will have different favorites. I mean, just today I revisited Le Rayon Vert, which I’ve sampled several times over the past year, and gosh it’s so good. I enjoyed it more today than I have before, and am now debating on adding 1ml to my Etude en Fougere order. Doing another wearing of it tomorrow to see.
    Very exciting to hear your views. The top two on your list I am iching to get on my next run along with Le Rayon Vert as Jack painted a picture that just sucked me in. Glad to hear of your other experiences which took a little more time to enjoy and get the full amplified effect that is sometimes difficult on the first wear.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    I think in terms of overall composition, Irisoir is probably closer to L'Heure Bleue than those iris soliflore such as L'Attesa and Irisss. It shares a similarly honeyed, powdery floral heart of lilac, carnation, mimosa and almond-y heliotrope like the bouquet in L'Heure Bleue, but reduces the tonka/vanilla-driven Guerlinade and amps up the iris and violet part. The iris here shows more of the characteristics of orris to my nose, velvety and plush, but also oddly delicate and with a violet-tinted woody elegance. Between L'Attesa and Irisss, I'd say Irisss is probably more representative of these aspect of iris, while the almost vapour-cooked carrot-like aspect in L'Attesa is not really present in Irisoir to my nose. Personally speaking, I think Irisoir actually improves upon L'Heure Bleue, rendering a more lively and dynamic composition while the Guerlinade in L'Heure Bleue kind of muffles the iris, violet and floral bouquet in the middle. Although I'd hesitate to recommend it as an iris soliflore because there's so much more going on, I'd definitely recommend it as one of the best iris-driven compositions that lets iris to be the foundation (organically blending it in to provide its velvety, almost buttery texture to the other notes) and the star (showcasing its elegant nuances) at the same time.
    Thank you so much. A huge vote of confidence to me. I am definitely putting this in the must try category. A step above L'Heure Bleue with velvety plush and woody violet overtones are compelling along with the buttery texture. So very descriptive. Impressive.

I've got to stop sampling these. Everything I try goes on the "must buy full bottle" list. Last night was Tabac Grande and today is Cafe Ambre Noire. Floored by both.

Basenotes Plus

I've got to stop sampling these. Everything I try goes on the "must buy full bottle" list. Last night was Tabac Grande and today is Cafe Ambre Noire. Floored by both.
    I know.

I'm enjoying Etude en Fougere today and even now, 9 hours later, it is blowing me away. It is just SO good.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I know.

I'm enjoying Etude en Fougere today and even now, 9 hours later, it is blowing me away. It is just SO good.
    LOVE that one. Have you tried Fougere Noire yet?

Basenotes Plus

LOVE that one. Have you tried Fougere Noire yet?
    yes, it's CRAZY good, not sure I love more. Oh don't make me choose!

We're not helping you much in the "don't buy a full bottle" dilemma, are we?

LOL this is hilarious and so so true.

And I did end up adding 1ml of Le Rayon Vert to my order today after another wearing.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

6C8323AA-5B5E-4A95-9B47-DC6C0ADC2988.jpg

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

I'm already freaking out and starting a cart on SP's site. Aurum D is insanely beautiful. I bought the samples thanks to this thread and Jack's lovely reviews. Glad I did! Thanks!

I kind of feel like a dummy posting back to back when no one else is in here for a moment... BUT, I have to share my experiences with the Sample Pack.

Well... in short: BELIEVE THE HYPE.

This is one Basenotes’ love that I 100% endorse in every aspect. Quality, creativity, classical pedigree, unique originality.

Really lovely. My early favorites:
    Aurum D’Angkhor (pure love in an oil)
    Fougere Noir (the one fougere I’ve been searching for)
    Etude Fougere (the fougere I didn’t realize Ive been searching for)
    Encens Chypre (tied with Bogue’s MAAI for fav Chypre)
    Tabac Grande (just wow, esp in the drydown)
    Vetiver Blanc (a truly unique take on vetiver)
    L’Heure D’Or (starts as a pick me up, ends as a sentimental afternoon)

Also worth mentioning:
    Thebes G1 (utterly intriguing— I’m not an iris fan but this left me contemplating why scent is so important to me and what creativity brings to the world)

Nuit Persane (I see so little discussion of this one but my lady loved it on me and I agree, very pleasant— salty/sweet)
    Last edited by Proust_Madeleine; 23rd June 2019 at 10:19 AM. Reason: To stop from spamming this board with multiple posts

the coffee composition has piqued my interest
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Enjoying Cafe Ambre Noir today.

This is extremely animalic to me, a bit urinous, wafts of that and coffee and undefinable sweetness. Amazing.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23