Code of Conduct
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    All Is Beautiful

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Interesting! Many of my personal favs are in your ok pile: fougere Noir, etude, Juriah, Cheval... tabac Grande was the first that I fell in love with after Aurum D’anghkor (which is still my favorite ever of his).

I feel that way too. Fourgere Noir, Etude, Juriah are great loves of mine. Aurum D’angkor of course. Tabac Grande, a great love. I also love the gourmands, Truffe Blanche and Truffe Noir. But many others. I love Ocean of Flowers.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Interesting! Many of my personal favs are in your ok pile: fougere Noir, etude, Juriah, Cheval... tabac Grande was the first that I fell in love with after Aurum D’anghkor (which is still my favorite ever of his).
    Yeah, my ok pile are a lot of scents that I can definitely see others really liking, and I agree that most are well composed and thought out! Wish I could have smelled the Aurum

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque View Post
    Check this video - notice how little Sultan puts on skin, which is more than enough. See Nikhil's video for a general idea about attar application.

So far, no full swipe of any SPA for me as they are incredibly dense. I use 1-3 tiny pinhead amounts, depending on the intensity of the attar, weather and occasion. I noticed that with most of the SPAs, if I use more than that, I struggle to detect finer nuances. For example, Encens Chypre, which I'm wearing now. It is a classic chypre with an incensy backbone.

I always use plastic toothpick for SPA sample vials and rare ouds
    This exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Yeah, my ok pile are a lot of scents that I can definitely see others really liking, and I agree that most are well composed and thought out! Wish I could have smelled the Aurum
    He will make more! Keep tuned. It’s out of this world. Easily the scent I’d choose if only allowed one for the rest of my life. It’s that good.

Any more impressions of Tabacaurum?

And for those in the UK, what is the usual ETA for each order?

Basenotes Plus

Is Aurum d'Angkhor gone forever?
    Currently wearing: Leather Oud by Floris

Quote Originally Posted by Singularious View Post
    Is Aurum d'Angkhor gone forever?
    Wondering the same thing myself

The version anyway

Basenotes Plus

I'm joining the fray. Ordered a sampler last night. I'll get back with impressions in about a month assuming two weeks + two weeks.

I am excited. I have enjoyed attars from Royal Bengal Ouds, Rising Phoenix, and Mellifluence, and am hoping SP's will be equally rewarding.

Received my bottle of Tabacaurum and made the mistake of over applying and my God was it strong. I could smell the high quality ingredients but it nearly knocked my head off. Applied it again today and wow; this is a special blend. The Tobacco is really authentic - I’ve never smelled anything like it in a fragrance. Very impressed.

I received a few samples with my order and Al Hareem and Thebes 1 stood out to me. I want to try some more.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gsaleh View Post
    Received my bottle of Tabacaurum and made the mistake of over applying and my God was it strong. I could smell the high quality ingredients but it nearly knocked my head off. Applied it again today and wow; this is a special blend. The Tobacco is really authentic - I’ve never smelled anything like it in a fragrance. Very impressed.

I received a few samples with my order and Al Hareem and Thebes 1 stood out to me. I want to try some more.
    How much was the right amount for you?

I applied a full swipe which was way too much for me - it was almost nauseating. Today I applied less than half a swipe and it was perfect. I get beautiful whiffs of it every time I pass my hand near my face.

With this one you really need to be careful with how much you apply as it can get really loud.

Can't believe I forgot tabacaurum in my order

I will admit I was turned off of Sultan Pasha since he seemed to me to be one of these self taught perfumers that rely more on the supposed quality of their ingredients than composition. However, reading that Sultan Pasha allows you to purchase an attar and includes a sample to try, and if you don't like it you can send that attar back and he returns your money is extraordinary customer service. I'm willing to try him on that alone. So for people who know this house, what are the best incense attars?

I'm joining the fray. Ordered a sampler last night. I'll get back with impressions in about a month assuming two weeks + two weeks.

I am excited. I have enjoyed attars from Royal Bengal Ouds, Rising Phoenix, and Mellifluence, and am hoping SP's will be equally rewarding.
    You're in for a real ride.
    Currently wearing: Castile by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    I will admit I was turned off of Sultan Pasha since he seemed to me to be one of these self taught perfumers that rely more on the supposed quality of their ingredients than composition. However, reading that Sultan Pasha allows you to purchase an attar and includes a sample to try, and if you don't like it you can send that attar back and he returns your money is extraordinary customer service. I'm willing to try him on that alone. So for people who know this house, what are the best incense attars?
    Glad to see you’re open to giving them a shot. Trust when I tell you that those high quality ingredients aren’t haphazardly thrown together! Lol

Nankun Kodo is the most accurate representation of Japanese incense I’ve ever encountered. Pure incense and resine precieux are both incredible in terms of your balsamic/resinous incenses including Frankincense and Myrrh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

I received a new delivery yesterday. Sultan had packed the package richly, I am always speechless what a selfless and generous person he is. Incidentally, it took two and a half weeks from ordering to my mailbox (just so that you can calculate).

There was also a sample of a new fragrance ("Chypre Noiusse"? - Sorry, cannot decipher exactly). Wasn't on my nose yet, I want to take my time. As soon as I have tested it, I will report.

The package included favorites that I had not yet ordered ... Truffe Blanche, Rêve Narcotique, Juriah, Étude en Fougère and Carnival d'Havana.

Since it was warm yesterday, I put on ÉeF right away ... unbelievable how good it is in warm weather. So far I only knew the scent from the sample set and could now take a full smear for the first time. It is (imo) often in the shadow of his big brother Fougère Noire, but for me it is an ingenious mixture of this and Le Rayon Vert. Where Fougére Noire is spicy and warm, ÉeF is a green and lively fragrance coat, a Fougére perfect for spring, impossible to be in a bad mood.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    So for people who know this house, what are the best incense attars?
    He has frankincense in quite a few compositions. Not mentioned here, e.g. Âme Sombre Grade 1, L'Heure D'Or and Oud Douce Amère. Here the smoke is not in the foreground, but the scents are extremely good and contain incense.

Classic incense fragrances I know are Nankun Kodō and Incense. I love both very much, but they are also very strong and cannot be worn every day. I wear it e.g. only on special occasions, for relaxation or meditation. For me they are too special and powerful for daily use.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSG View Post
    ÉeF is a green and lively fragrance coat, a Fougére perfect for spring, impossible to be in a bad mood.
    Couldn't agree more. This one was love at first sniff for me.
    Currently wearing: Castile by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSG View Post
    I received a new delivery yesterday. Sultan had packed the package richly, I am always speechless what a selfless and generous person he is. Incidentally, it took two and a half weeks from ordering to my mailbox (just so that you can calculate).

There was also a sample of a new fragrance ("Chypre Noiusse"? - Sorry, cannot decipher exactly). Wasn't on my nose yet, I want to take my time. As soon as I have tested it, I will report.

The package included favorites that I had not yet ordered ... Truffe Blanche, Rêve Narcotique, Juriah, Étude en Fougère and Carnival d'Havana.

Since it was warm yesterday, I put on ÉeF right away ... unbelievable how good it is in warm weather. So far I only knew the scent from the sample set and could now take a full smear for the first time. It is (imo) often in the shadow of his big brother Fougère Noire, but for me it is an ingenious mixture of this and Le Rayon Vert. Where Fougére Noire is spicy and warm, ÉeF is a green and lively fragrance coat, a Fougére perfect for spring, impossible to be in a bad mood.

Congrats on the purchase and extras. I did just receive my order of Cafe Ambre Noir and got a couple extra samples. And you’re lucky, the two orders I’ve done before take about 4-5 weeks.

Basenotes Plus

I'm pumped. My sampler just arrived in my city, and hopefully will be here tomorrow.

I bought plastic toothpicks specifically for this occasion. ��

I'm pumped. My sampler just arrived in my city, and hopefully will be here tomorrow.

I bought plastic toothpicks specifically for this occasion. ��
    Can’t wait to hear about your favorites!

Basenotes Plus

They made it! Some mild leakage, but nothing bad enough to prevent a proper sampling. Added benefit was the package smelled great!

20200422_140419.jpg
    Last edited by Singularious; 22nd April 2020 at 08:34 PM.

All Is Beautiful

They made it! Some mild leakage, but nothing bad enough to prevent a proper sampling. Added benefit was the package smelled gear!

20200422_140419.jpg
    Congrats!
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

They made it! Some mild leakage, but nothing bad enough to prevent a proper sampling. Added benefit was the package smelled gear!

20200422_140419.jpg
    Congratulations. Get your bankcard ready!
    In case you don't know about SPAs:
    - Try 2, at most 3 a day and multiple times at various conditions, to see how each time they play on your skin.
    - Use only 1-3 pin-head amounts - otherwise you'll miss a lot of nuances.

Out of curiosity, around how many wears do you get out of one of the sample-size containers? It says "two drops" on the website, which sounds very tiny indeed, but then I'm seeing reference on here to 1 or 2 pinhead application...

You can easily try 5 or more times each of them I have 2 sample sets one is from 2 years ago and I couldnt even finish it yet

Quote Originally Posted by justinp View Post
    Out of curiosity, around how many wears do you get out of one of the sample-size containers? It says "two drops" on the website, which sounds very tiny indeed, but then I'm seeing reference on here to 1 or 2 pinhead application...
    It may as well be a 10ml bottle for how little you need

They made it! Some mild leakage, but nothing bad enough to prevent a proper sampling. Added benefit was the package smelled great!
    A moment of silence for Singularious' bank account

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque View Post
    Congratulations. Get your bankcard ready!
    In case you don't know about SPAs:
    - Try 2, at most 3 a day and multiple times at various conditions, to see how each time they play on your skin.
    - Use only 1-3 pin-head amounts - otherwise you'll miss a lot of nuances.
    Thank you. I tried one yesterday and two today. My wife tried one last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Valier View Post
    A moment of silence for Singularious' bank account
    Lol. We shall see.

I am going to break hearts and bring out the pitchforks, but I wore Tabac Grande today and did not love it. Far too sweet for me. However, everyone is right about a small amount going a long way. I had to scrub it off to put on Fougere Noire tonight...which is *stunning* for me. It is complex and uplifting. I love it.

I also thought Shadee was amazing on my wife.

Tried Incense as well, and I liked it but did not love it.

My only disappointment is that Carnival D'Havana was listed on the sampler online (still is) and yet did not come with the shipment. It was one of three I was really looking forward to trying. Too bad.

I will try and report back at some point with a more thorough review of those I enjoyed. Fougere Noire is definitely the highlight for me thus far. I am smitten as a spring/summer scent. Really amazing.
    Last edited by Singularious; 27th April 2020 at 07:59 PM.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast