Code of Conduct

Default Opinions on newest formulation of fahrenheit?

Looking to buy what's your thoughts?

Default Re: Opinions on newest formulation of fahrenheit?

Smells pretty good to me. Not as strong as the vintage or previous versions, but overall it's good to go.

I know people have different opinions about this both negative and positive, but it smells fine to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I tried some at a Sephora store a couple months back and honestly, I couldn't notice anything amiss. Just my $0.02
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

How much of a difference is there? Is the vintage versions much more potent. How about the smell, is the smell itself more "watered down" or what?

I posted something about this over a week ago. To my nose it smells like Fahrenheit but is a bit weaker than my 2009 bottle. I wore it to work yesterday and my co workers easily smelled it so it has some punch to it. It just doesn't seem as robust as it once was. I still think its a great fragrance though.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Smells pretty good to me. Not as strong as the vintage or previous versions, but overall it's good to go.
    Exactly my thoughts. It smells great but weaker than previous versions. It still projects and has decent lasting power (my co workers noticed it yesterday no problem)

Just about every time a fragrance gets reformulated, the new version is panned here in the forum. I bought Fahrenheit in 2012. At the time, that version was being slammed. Now, people seem to be trashing the new version and raving about the 2011/2012 version, even though back in 11/12 they were slamming it.

The best thing to do is smell it for yourself and decide what you think. I won't be surprised at all if the current version is fantastic. I've smelled it, and my impression was very positive - but I didn't wear it since I'm not even 1/4 through the bottle I already own.

Give it a try.
    I have a 100ml Gucci Pour Homme 2003 that I'll swap for Reflection Man or De Bachmakov. PM me if interested.

The opening is quite reminiscent of older, vintage versions with a strong petroleum note, but then it quickly fades into something that isn't nearly as strong as it ought to be. Maybe if you douse yourself in it and light a match it'll work better.

There was a box change for 2015. My Macys still has the 2014 testers, so I can't say if they did another reformulation in 2015. The 2013/2014 versions were criticized for having more vanilla and less of the gas/oil note. Fahrenheit Parfum came out in 2014 and is HEAVY on the vanilla and has no gas/oil note. It would make sense for Dior to make the 2015 EDT Fahrenheit closer to the vintage. Fahrenheit Parfum could be the vanilla gas/oil free version for those who do not like that note. And the 2015 EDT could be a return to the vintage version for those who like a heavy gas/oil note. Or it could just be a box change...
    Last edited by SmellyFinger; 20th May 2015 at 09:03 PM.
    Daytime
    Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    YSL L'Homme
    Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme
    Bentley For Men Intense
    Ralph Lauren Polo (Vintage)
    Dior Fahrenheit (2013 & Vintage)

Nighttime

Dior Homme Intense
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    VC&A Midnight in Paris
    V&R Spicebomb
    Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Vintage)
    D&G The One (Pre-Launch Super Batch Edition)

My Swap Thread: Nice Samples. Looking for a few cheapies..... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/407...n-Pure-Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    The opening is quite reminiscent of older, vintage versions with a strong petroleum note, but then it quickly fades into something that isn't nearly as strong as it ought to be. Maybe if you douse yourself in it and light a match it'll work better.
    Lol!

Last edited by eccj; 20th May 2015 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Dupe

I smelled the new Fahrenheit yesterday. It reminded me of what I bought in the 90's but it did seem to be lacking something. This was the first "atypical" scent that I fell in love with! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nCook View Post
    Looking to buy what's your thoughts?
    To keep it simple, different people will have different opinions about different years. It's still an eau de toilette, not a bottle of Bordeaux. I would suggest that you try it out and trust your nose. If you like it, go for it.
    "just a smile would lighten everything"
    https://soundcloud.com/freewheelingvagabond/tracks

I recall someone here mentioning (or just hearing a rumor maybe) that the 2015 release was a step closer to the vintage. So it would be nice to hear anyone compare it with the 2014.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE Selling Bruckner Aoud 1 with box HERE

It's still a very strong and noticeable fragrance. No need to buy the vintage IMO.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.
    Currently wearing: L'Humaniste by Frapin

Okay, so I just got my Fahrenheit from a trade today and I checked the batch code on Checkfresh.com and it says it was produced in 2007 so apparently I got an older formulation. Does anyone know what formulation this one is? 1st,2nd,3rd...? I was under the impression that I was swapping for a current version of Fahrenheit not a "vintage" one. That's pretty darn cool though, if ya ask me. If anyone has some info on this year please chime in.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Okay, so I just got my Fahrenheit from a trade today and I checked the batch code on Checkfresh.com and it says it was produced in 2007 so apparently I got an older formulation. Does anyone know what formulation this one is? 1st,2nd,3rd...? I was under the impression that I was swapping for a current version of Fahrenheit not a "vintage" one. That's pretty darn cool though, if ya ask me. If anyone has some info on this year please chime in.
    Its very subjective, and basing alleged "reformulations" on the redesign of a box is questionable at best. Comparing fragrances that have oxidized and been stored differently over the years complicates the matter. Dealing with failed memories and nostalgia is another factor. And the never ending desire to have something rare further complicates the issue as well. Although there were reformulations over the 80s, 90s, and 2000s, you may find them to be very subtle. IMO the most notable change is the pre 2012 versions (which are all very similar), compared with the 2013/2014. And the results in both scent and performance are not necessarily bad and may be preferred by many here.

You have pics???
    Last edited by SmellyFinger; 21st May 2015 at 11:22 AM.
    Daytime
    Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    YSL L'Homme
    Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme
    Bentley For Men Intense
    Ralph Lauren Polo (Vintage)
    Dior Fahrenheit (2013 & Vintage)

Nighttime

Dior Homme Intense
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    VC&A Midnight in Paris
    V&R Spicebomb
    Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Vintage)
    D&G The One (Pre-Launch Super Batch Edition)

My Swap Thread: Nice Samples. Looking for a few cheapies..... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/407...n-Pure-Leather

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    Its very subjective, and basing alleged "reformulations" on the redesign of a box is questionable at best. Comparing fragrances that have oxidized and been stored differently over the years complicates the matter. Dealing with failed memories and nostalgia is another factor. And the never ending desire to have something rare further complicates the issue as well. Although there were reformulations over the 80s, 90s, and 2000s, you may find them to be very subtle. IMO the most notable change is the pre 2012 versions (which are all very similar), compared with the 2013/2014. And the results in both scent and performance are not necessarily bad and may be preferred by many here.

You have pics???
    Thanks for your reply. I don't have the box but I'll take pictures of the bottle when I get home tonight.

Sorry I don't mean to high jack this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Just about every time a fragrance gets reformulated, the new version is panned here in the forum. I bought Fahrenheit in 2012. At the time, that version was being slammed. Now, people seem to be trashing the new version and raving about the 2011/2012 version, even though back in 11/12 they were slamming it.

The best thing to do is smell it for yourself and decide what you think. I won't be surprised at all if the current version is fantastic. I've smelled it, and my impression was very positive - but I didn't wear it since I'm not even 1/4 through the bottle I already own..
    It can certainly telegraph a "bashing of the latest formulation" bit, or, in time people change their minds due to sufficient exposure. I also wonder if it's something to do with maceration. My anecdotal experience has been that for some fragrances, air introduced into the bottle changes the aroma, usually for the better.
    Some favorites: Pasha Incense Royale, Chopard (Oud Malaki, Noble Vetiver), Amouage (Epic Man, Tribute), Versace L'Homme (vintage), YSL (M7, Kouros (1st)), Gucci Envy, Gucci Nobile, Hermes (vintage: Bel Ami, Equipage), Chanel (vintage: Antaeus, Pour Monsieur (+CC), Egoiste (+CC)), Tiffany For Men, Estee Lauder Metropolis, Jean-Marc Sinan VO, Guerlain (Heritage, L'Homme Intense, LIDGE), Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Etro (Palais Jamais, Gomma, Vetiver, Shaal Nur), Davidoff Zino (1st), Acqua di Parma (Assoluta 2011, Essenza, Intensa Oud), Gianfranco Ferre For Man (1st), Elsha 1776, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Calvin Klein Obsession (vintage), Jovoy Private Label, Monsieur Carven, Diptyque (Hesperides, Tam Dao EDP), Byredo (Accord Oud, Baudelaire)

I have been wondering this myself. The two that I have tried recently smell fantastic, contrary to Luca Turin's review of the 2007/8 batch.

Having no problem with this one and would probably still own/wear it in the current formulation

A faint flicker of its 1988 heritage.
    for swap/sale: