Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default List of eBay Sellers that Are Authentic and Fake

I would like to compile a list of eBay sellers that are legit and sell authentics, as well as ones that sell fakes.

There are a couple in particular with great feedback ratings and extremely good prices that I want to buy from, and would like to know if anyone here has dealt with them and can vouch for their authenticity.

Two in particular are:

perfumesunisex (43417)
    foreverlux (221338)
    1-perfumes (138967)

They have big stores with great prices, better than FragranceX and FragranceNet, so I was hoping it's not too good to be true.

Default Re: List of eBay Sellers that Are Authentic and Fake

Haven't personally dealt with any of the ones you list but will see what they offer and their prices. Thanks.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Some of these prices look too good to be true... but their positive ratings are in the 10,000s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREED-GREEN-...-/231395011602 GIT for $149

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Himalaya-Cre...item43d29f58a0 Himalaya for $136

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANAE-MORI-H...item43d29f5345 Hanae Mori HM EDP for $33.32

peraroma (11773 ) is another one that seems legit, but is selling GIT for 144.95 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Irish-...95011602&rt=nc

I only buy from ebay fragrance sellers that have over 10K feedbacks AND are 99+% positive. If someone is selling fake fragrances, they would not have THAT many customers.

As far as GIT, $145 - $160 is considered fair for that fragrance in the 4oz bottle.
    Wear what you want and don't listen to people who tell you that you didn't spend enough.
    Currently wearing: Original Santal by Creed

I just got my backup bottle of MiP from foreverlux and it's legit, not sure who would fake MiP though.

Got another cheapie, Perry Ellis M, from scentedmonkey, no problems, but once again, the guy has some insane deals on the expensive stuff that seem too good to be true.
    My Current Rotation: La Nuit de l`Homme, Insurrection II Pure, Midnight In Paris, Versace Eros, L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, M7 Oud Absolu, and sometimes Nautica Voyage.

A couple links that may prove useful:

http://toolhaus.org/ - see some of the feedback that has been removed

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/177...-Feedback-here! - more discussion on this topic

The latter link is from the Shopping Guides section. There is some very good info there! For example, here's a discussion about ScentedMonkey's website: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/391...how-ever-again

As a general rule, I almost never buy Chanel or Creed on eBay. Those brands are faked much too often.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 30th May 2015 at 12:13 AM.

When you do find a few that are reputable, it's best to stick with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyDot View Post
    I just got my backup bottle of MiP from foreverlux and it's legit, not sure who would fake MiP though.
    Thank you... Even Fragrancex and Fragrancenet seems too good to true sometimes. Hanae Mori HiM 3.4 oz EDP for 38.00 as opposed to 104.00 department store price. That's a huge discount. But then again (and correct me if I'm wrong), Hanae Mori fragrances don't seem to be expensive enough to be worth faking, not even by eBay sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyDot View Post
    Got another cheapie, Perry Ellis M, from scentedmonkey, no problems, but once again, the guy has some insane deals on the expensive stuff that seem too good to be true.
    lol i was wary of those guys after i saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsCSOtu3e_o

Quote Originally Posted by stchman
    As far as GIT, $145 - $160 is considered fair for that fragrance in the 4oz bottle.
    Is it really? I've only seen it that low, and not anywhere else, not even the aformentioned FragranceX and Fragrancenet, who are considered on here to be reputable dealers.

So just to get an opinion, I want buy my dad some GIT for father's day. I wanted to get it from one of these sellers, and just thought I could get an opinion on whether you guys as experts think it is legit, especially since stchman mentioned $145-$160 is a fair price. (I can't find it for that anywhere online other than eBay... if you know a store, please let me know!)
    Link 1, $148.90 from internationalperfume (70042)

Link 2, $149.95 FROM perfume4us (26064)

Thanks again!

I have dealt with the second vendor and had no issues with my purchase. I can't guarantee authenticity though for your intended purchase. There is always a risk. Good luck!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks everyone! The perfume4us ebay seller sent me some pics of a GIT bottle that I wanted to know is authentic. batch 14K01. the batch number is not engraved but to the right on the bottom of the bottle. does that mean it's fake, or have they stopped engraving in recent years?

GIT.jpg

Does anyone know if seller "62820122012" on Ebay is legitimate? They have a good rating and they sell older stuff so I was guessing maybe they are less likely to be fake?

Buying fragrances on Ebay can be very beneficial but at the same time even the high rated sellers can be faulty. I wish you guys well on your venture on finding your good old fragrances. Be careful is all i can say as i've had some horrific experiences in the past.
    - If I helped you, be kind and visit

Novaprie.com

We only sell some of the cool fragrances you know of . Don't hesitate to check it!

By the way, if you up to it, only if you are, feel free to follow us on instagram, Twitter or Facebook

anyone bought from eugeniascoupons (17600Yellow shooting star icon for feedback score in between 10,000 to 24,499) ?

I purchased a bottle of GIT today from perfume4us (26064). I should receive it tomorrow. I will post my feedback here as well as some high-res pics. I am a noob so I'm not gonna be that good at spotting a fake, but I will give my analysis based on what I've researched here.

I would like to say that so far, I have exchanged quite a few messages with this seller before the sale, and he has been extremely helpful and prompt. He provided some pictures, albeit low-res, that I posted a few posts above this one. He provided batch numbers the first time I asked, and has communicated more clearly than the other sellers. He reminded me to let him know that I wanted the 14K01 batch (since he also had a 14A01, which I heard sucks around here). Also, I tried to send him my own UPS label because I needed it immediately, but since he doesn't have UPS pick up there, he offered to send me Express Priority mail for an extra fee that he would request through PayPal. This is where I was really happy with the customer service: I was in a meeting when I got the PayPal request for the overnight shipping fee. The dude went as far as to get my number from PayPal, and called me to let me know the request was out there because he got it out before 4:00 p.m. EST so that I got it tomorrow. I haven't dealt with many fragrance sellers on eBay, but I have dealt with people on eBay a lot and they are not usually this attentive to customer service.

So far, I am extremely happy with this seller based on his customer service and attentiveness to detail. If I can prove this is authentic when I get it, I will be glad to vouch for him. I'll keep you all posted.

Alright, I got it today. The box looks very nice, as does the bottle.
    Here are the pictures. I apologize in advance, I thought the board would automatically shrink them into a smaller clickable link that would display the full size.

Front of the box:

Bottom of the box with batch number LT3214K01:

Worried about the LT though, I have never seen an LT batch. Only A or C. Can anyone explain? There's a thread on here about it, but no one ever gave an answer as to what "LT" meant.

Front of the bottle:

Bottom of bottle with same batch number as case:

The sprayer has the white cap.

There's a few more, like the insert, top of the box, etc. You can see all the images here in an album: http://imgur.com/a/YLUx6

I'd like to add, it does smell pretty damn good. Seems to project very well. Judging from all this, I think it's legit and I'll go ahead and vouch for perfume4us.

never seen a silver bottle like this one mate

Quote Originally Posted by tr88 View Post
    never seen a silver bottle like this one mate
    No, the bottle actually was matte black, exactly like a GIT from the department store. I forgot to write that I took the picture with the flash and way too close, and it made the bottle look weird. But that was just cause of the flash up against a black backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by deaftolight View Post
    No, the bottle actually was matte black, exactly like a GIT from the department store. I forgot to write that I took the picture with the flash and way too close, and it made the bottle look weird. But that was just cause of the flash up against a black backdrop.

i see now, well looks good from what I can tell