Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
o
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: List of eBay Sellers that Are Authentic and Fake

Quote Originally Posted by guitarphil View Post
    What are your thoughts on bottles without a box
    In the past, I had no problem with cheapies I purchased on Ebay without boxes before. They weren't testers and were new, but it's been a while.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by conkhi View Post
    why cant ebay shut them down if they are selling fakes?
    I believe they feel the negative feedback will theoretically shut them down. I think they would need to have a team of perfume experts to actually get samples of the supposed fakes and evaluate them prior to actually accusing someone of selling fakes.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The first link shows the old bottle and box that this was sold in. What makes you feel that this one is a fake? Reminiscence has recently changed their bottles.
    It says (on bottle and box) Ambre by 'REM French Riviera'.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    It says (on bottle and box) Ambre by 'REM French Riviera'.
    I didn't notice that when I first looked. How sly and awful!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yet another fake eBay listing here -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etat-Libre-d...25.m3641.l6368

Gosh - that almost looks like Captain America's shield on the bottle!

Gosh - that almost looks like Captain America's shield on the bottle!

The sad part is that this seller has more than 1 'tester' of Antiheros, and also has similar fakes of other ELdO fragrances - perhaps to create an impression of 'credibility'.

What are your thoughts on bottles without a box, I've seen a bunch of sellers with Tom Ford's without boxes. They seem to have good feedback but I'm skeptical as to why theres no box and it doesn't mention it being a tester.
    Can they mention that something's a tester? For some reason I think Ebay, in the UK at least, might take such listings down. Bit of a pain in the bum really as a seller might want to sell a perfectly fine tester but then there's the dilemma of either not mentioning it (apart from showing it in the pictures) or to mention it and then Ebay (with the help of eager Ebay informers?) shutting the listing down.

On eBay: fatima_store

A Russian Federation seller. They are selling fake Acqua di Parma and Jo Malone. Possibly others. They have these "original" and "authentic" color spectrum stickers that try to make them look authentic, but upon close examination of the labels you can see flaws. And this is why they don't take photos of the labels in clear view (they're always at an angle from above). In one case, they had the audacity to pawn off a bottle of Intensa in a black bottle/copper label combo from the Acqua di Parma line of Oud, Ambra, Leather, etc. Intensa only ever came in clear bottles. Plus the printing looked poor [Photo Link].

If any seller offers a fake and adds copious content to assure it's authentic, everything else they sell is suspect.
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Dependent

I've been running across alot of fakes between sellers with low feedback lately. Do you guys typically report these? I reported some but I don't know how much good it does.

I've been running across alot of fakes between sellers with low feedback lately. Do you guys typically report these? I reported some but I don't know how much good it does.
    I report them as well. I've seen auctions pulled after reporting, so it does help. Always worth the extra minute to do it!
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Dependent

I just looked and Creed bottles are all over ioffer for $20, I guess thats probably where may of the ebay sellers are getting them from. Mainly the 4oz bottles.

Banned

ebay is very good with returns on non authentic fragrances.

Dependent

This seller is selling fakes, people have been buying them too, sad. I reported some but not sure if it does any good, maybe others can report too.
    https://www.ebay.com/i/142529404027

a Roja Dove seller on ebay, SAI HOILDINGS WW, are they for real? their prices are so cheap!

LittleBunnyFouFou

Quote Originally Posted by joev View Post
    a Roja Dove seller on ebay, SAI HOILDINGS WW, are they for real? their prices are so cheap!
    Sai Holdings is legit, I've bought a bunch of different things from them over the last 3 years, all genuine and good.

Does anyone here have any experience with the seller below? I noticed on this person's feedback page that many of the things sold are listed as "private", and I don't see why that would be the case with something as simple as cologne and perfume decants. Any thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/704heath/m....m=123039661317

LittleBunnyFouFou

Quote Originally Posted by Dunedain View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience with the seller below? I noticed on this person's feedback page that many of the things sold are listed as "private", and I don't see why that would be the case with something as simple as cologne and perfume decants. Any thoughts?

No experience with them, but I don't see private in the feedback, buyers seem to be listed as they always are?

Banned

no experience but decent feedback rating. Ebay will covery you pretty good on fake stuff.I look at feedback mostly on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by theladymay View Post
    No experience with them, but I don't see private in the feedback, buyers seem to be listed as they always are?
    I mean the items being bought, where you can normally click on "view item". Instead a bunch of them are listed as "private" and you can't even see what was bought that the buyer is referring to. Which seems quite odd. Anyone have any idea why that would be the case?

I mean the items being bought, where you can normally click on "view item". Instead a bunch of them are listed as "private" and you can't even see what was bought that the buyer is referring to. Which seems quite odd. Anyone have any idea why that would be the case?
    Sellers can choose to make their listings private. This seller obviously prefers that, for whatever reason.

Banned

some sellers are drop ship sellers. They dont actually have the item there but when they get a buyer they "order" it from somewhere else and that somewhere else will ship it to the buyer. I hear some people make alot of money doing this. I bought a classic match polo bottle on ebay for like $8 and it came from amazon fufillment.
    As far as setting auctions to private I dont know why people do it but some do.I dont when i sell stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Sellers can choose to make their listings private. This seller obviously prefers that, for whatever reason.
    Yeah, I'm just wondering what logical reason there would be to do such a thing on so many of the sales for cologne and perfume decants.

Banned

i dont know either.I want my buyers to see feedback from others so they are ok buying from me.

LittleBunnyFouFou

Weird. I see item listings as always up to 90 days at which point you never see them. I'm doing something wrong, but anyhow. I've never really understood the private thing, how it benefits a seller eludes me.

Banned

Hi, does anyone have any experience or feedback with pink.deals on Ebay? https://www.ebay.com/usr/pink.deals?...72.m2749.l2754

I purchased a few decants of Aventus from them only to have someone on the Aventus Batch thread vehemently accuse them of watering their product down. I get so much olfactory fatigue from Aventus it's hard for me to gauge it's authenticity though I found pink.deals to very communicative and helpful. They even sent me a new atomizer and another 5ml for free after my initial order leaked a little.

Basenotes Junkie Andy the frenchy's Avatar

A little late in answering, but should it help other members: Foreverlux and 1-perfumes are legit. (Foreverlux is a slow shipper though)

Has anyone experience with seller mjdistributioninc2015?

They exclusively sale used and new bottles (a lot, they have 500/1000 listings each time with "warehouse scratches and tears", without box, often without cap, but these are no testers. You can find a bestsellers, but also a lot of under the radar stuff. (probably not worth counterfeiting). They have 99.5%+ positive feedback.

I bought a couple of times (legit stuff I think), but I ultimately became a little suspicious (batch codes purposedly scraped off, pliers marks around the base of the sprayer...), even though the smell seem ok compared to samples, but slightly weaker projection (watered-down?).

Not sure where they source the stuff... burglary?

Can anyone verify this eBay seller:
    ehsence (44,000+ rating with 99.4% positive). Jimmy Choo Man normally sells for about $90-100 for the 3.4 oz but this guy is selling it for just $37! Too good to be true or legit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimmy-Choo-...n/332899506081

What do you guys think?
    Currently wearing: Kalan by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by LatinNote View Post
    What do you guys think?
    Can't speak to this seller, but with Ebay it's always a crap shoot, so tread carefully.

Can't speak to this seller, but with Ebay it's always a crap shoot, so tread carefully.
    As of now, I'll refrain from buying from this guy. No hurry.

Thanks again Hednic!
    Currently wearing: Kalan by Parfums de Marly