Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: List of eBay Sellers that Are Authentic and Fake

Quote Originally Posted by LatinNote View Post
    As of now, I'll refrain from buying from this guy. No hurry.

Thanks again Hednic!
    You're quite welcome.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Anybody have any feedback for eBay seller traderreza? Seller is based in Beverly Hills CA (which I would imagine to be a positive) and has almost 3000 feedback with over 99% positive - quite a few from perfume/cologne.

Fragrances all appear to be in factory sealed boxes

Basenotes Plus

............................. ◘ surrounded by squares ◘
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dunedain View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience with the seller below? I noticed on this person's feedback page that many of the things sold are listed as "private", and I don't see why that would be the case with something as simple as cologne and perfume decants. Any thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/704heath/m....m=123039661317

I know the point is moot now, but I had always had great experiences with this seller. I am disappointed to see, he got kicked off ebay, [probably for selling decants.] It is yet another decant seller, I had great luck with, that is gone. Same on Bonanza's website - there were great, honest decant sellers there, that are "no longer".

In the past month I have bought a Byredo, a Comme des Garcons, and a By Kilian fragrance from Ebay.
    All sellers had 99% or higher ratings.
    The latter two were great. Decent prices for authentic products. The Byredo was a different story.
    Bought Gypsy Water for my wife who rocks it several times a week. It's great on her and over the years she has gone through 3 full bottles. We know this one extremely well. The one bought from designerbags77 on Ebay was a good fake. The packaging was good the bottle was perfect, the label was excellent but only if you did not have an original for comparison. For those that say with a name like designer bags what did you expect, I can only say that I read at least 30 positive reviews of sales of higher end fragrances before I committed.
    The smell was off and the distinctive sandalwood note was completely absent. When I brought this up the Seller claimed that it was authentic and purchased directly. They noted that I was entitled to my opinion but stood by its authenticity. After several back and forths, they grudgingly offered to take the bottle back but I would still have to pay the $10 shipping.
    I offered to take my old bottle and their new one the the Byredo Counter at Neiman's with a wager of $500 on the line. A Byredo rep would give a signed written opinion of the bottles and this would be binding.
    Basically they folded like a cheap suit and simply issued a full refund with no explanation.
    I'm thinking that all the positives came from folks who simply did not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaman View Post
    I offered to take my old bottle and their new one the the Byredo Counter at Neiman's with a wager of $500 on the line.
    That’s hilarious. eBay account managers/moderators would have LOVED that one!!!

Was the Byredo in a “factory sealed” box? Also; I hope you left feedback indicating that they had sold you a fake..

Has anyone had any experience with this seller on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/str/parislasvegasauthenticperfume

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by guitarphil View Post
    This seller is selling fakes, people have been buying them too, sad. I reported some but not sure if it does any good, maybe others can report too.
    https://www.ebay.com/i/142529404027
    Page does Not exist
    Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 12.02.01 PM.jpg

way to go guitarphil

Basenotes Plus

Anybody know anything about seller himalayanlampsalt? They have quite a few Xerjoff’s at good prices. As well as Roja, Parfums de Marly, Montale, Clive Christian and some others. The xerjoffs are listed with pics of the old square bottles and older packaging but when I asked if that’s what they actually had, or the new bottles, they said they had the new ones. Which is a bit deceitful in and of itself. I’d love to grab a couple of these but as it stands now I’m staying away. Let me know if any of you know this seller and can vouch for them though. Thanks!

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...rld=true&rt=nc

Inexplicably, this seller is "top rated" but they're selling a ton of fake bottles of Sauvage EDP and apparently also Chanel Chance Eau Tendre.

If you look through the feedback, you can see buyers leaving positive feedback but stating that the bottle is fake Unbelievable. Needless to say, stay far away. This is the first time I've received a fake bottle on eBay, and they did issue a refund after I sent the bottle back, so I can't complain too much, but I should have read the feedback more thoroughly before purchasing. From the pictures, the bottle looks pretty convincing, but once you get it the magnetic cap is too light and doesn't fit properly, and the lettering on the bottom of the box and the batch code on the bottle are a little off.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...rld=true&rt=nc

Inexplicably, this seller is "top rated" but they're selling a ton of fake bottles of Sauvage EDP and apparently also Chanel Chance Eau Tendre.

If you look through the feedback, you can see buyers leaving positive feedback but stating that the bottle is fake Unbelievable. Needless to say, stay far away. This is the first time I've received a fake bottle on eBay, and they did issue a refund after I sent the bottle back, so I can't complain too much, but I should have read the feedback more thoroughly before purchasing. From the pictures, the bottle looks pretty convincing, but once you get it the magnetic cap is too light and doesn't fit properly, and the lettering on the bottom of the box and the batch code on the bottle are a little off.
    Positive feedback rating Smells nice but not legit. Smells watered down
    Positive feedback rating Product was bad/ Seller has exceptional customer service and response! A+seller!
    That makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Positive feedback rating Smells nice but not legit. Smells watered down
    Positive feedback rating Product was bad/ Seller has exceptional customer service and response! A+seller!
    That makes no sense
    Translation: "The guy is a crook selling fake junk, but at least he gave me my money back when I caught him."

But it's still bizarre that they make all these positive comments about it, as if it's so nice...

I am sure this is a long shot as neither have sold much :/

bodyguard2012
    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...e&interval=365

epluribusparunum
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/epluribuspa...p2047675.l2559

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wrexy View Post
    I am sure this is a long shot as neither have sold much :/

bodyguard2012
    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...e&interval=365

epluribusparunum
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/epluribuspa...p2047675.l2559
    Thank you for this

Junkanddisorderlycom in the UK is the reason why I ended up getting involved in some of the selling groups on Facebook and sites like this and fragrantica.

100% positive feedback with plenty of recent purchases. But selling high end designer and niche decants for well under 50% of their market value. Was quick to give a full refund and 'graciously offer you to keep the fragrance' - clearly a few complaints about it being fake but, sadly, it seems like some people are under the impression they're buying the real thing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/junkanddisorderlycom

Also, I can empathise somewhat with people leaving positive 'critical' feedbacks. If you leave a negative feedback, chances are the savvy/persistent sellers will get it deleted within 48 hours. Which is effectively meaningless in the long run. At least you stand some chance of alerting people who are savvy enough to check feedback and actually read it. I have no idea how/why certain sellers are convincing ebay to delete messages. I left a highly detailed negative review to one private seller a few years ago, not about fragrance, and had it deleted - checking their feedback I also saw the same criticisms removed v quickly ('seller is a psycho' etc.). So I only ever leave something like 'bad' or 'disappointed' and a negative review - and even these get deleted. It seems ebay takes a stance of not wanting to push sellers away, and would rather just ignore that fakes are being sold than actually deal with it. A sign of a company/business with a short shelf life - I'd be amazed if they're still around in 10-15 years' time, it's become an expensive auction house of fakes and junk, and the only way they can entice people back is with regular 10-20% buying discounts.

Anyway, criticisms of ebay aside, avoid junkanddisorderlycom in the UK.

Anybody have experience with coolfragranceskid?

US2014.podan sold me a fake Aventus for her recently.
    Money was refunded as soon as I reported it to ebay.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LatinNote View Post
    Can anyone verify this eBay seller:
    ehsence (44,000+ rating with 99.4% positive). Jimmy Choo Man normally sells for about $90-100 for the 3.4 oz but this guy is selling it for just $37! Too good to be true or legit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimmy-Choo-...n/332899506081

What do you guys think?
    It's available for $33 on FragranceNet, and around that price at many other reatilers. The Fair Market Value of a product is not its MSRP, but the lowest amount it retails for at a given time.
    Last edited by Andy the frenchy; 10th June 2019 at 07:02 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    It's available for $33 on FragranceNet, and around that price at many other reatilers. The real value of a product is not its MSRP, but the lowest amount it retails for at a certain time.
    Thank you.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    It's available for $33 on FragranceNet, and around that price at many other reatilers. The real value of a product is not its MSRP, but the lowest amount it retails for at a certain time.
    I think some of these people have set ups with Drop Shipping.
    Here's a link from The PerfumeSpot on drop shipping.
    https://www.theperfumespot.com/whole...formation.html
    You can get this from the bottom of their homepage to their website
    https://www.theperfumespot.com/
    They don't have the best reviews , but , who knows.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Fragrancenet does the same thing
    https://www.fragrancenet.com/help/wholesale

So most likely, this ebay person might be getting it from a place like these.

Dependent

I've been buying fragrances on ebay for a long time, I don't care much about the seller, as long as it has good reviews, if there's a problem, I will always get my money back!

Quote Originally Posted by theladymay View Post
    Sai Holdings is legit, I've bought a bunch of different things from them over the last 3 years, all genuine and good.
    I concur with this SAI Holdings has always been great for me on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by vitaman View Post
    In the past month I have bought a Byredo, a Comme des Garcons, and a By Kilian fragrance from Ebay.
    All sellers had 99% or higher ratings.
    The latter two were great.

Who did you get your Comme des Garcons and Kilian from on Ebay? You say these two were good transactions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000rrRyda View Post
    Everything about Sai Holdings looks legit, and I’ve had a good experience about a year ago. However, I just recently made a purchase and heard nothing after a week, only to find out the package was apparently lost or misplaced after it had a fedex tracking number. He did however communicate with me and gave a refund, but I was disappointed not getting the great deal I had found.

Has anyone ever bought anything from smell_smile?

Based in Azerbaijan (not promising...) but with very good, seemingly genuine feedback.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/smell_smi...1&_ipg=&_from=

Selling decants with no sign of the original bottle. I'm guessing fake, but I've taken a punt on a purchase with, hopefully, a full refund coming if it is indeed not genuine. The most concerning part of it is the generic 'everything gold' liquid.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Armani-Pr...4AAOSwyytaspnH

For instance ^^^^^

I really don't think Oud Royal is that colour - my decant is practically clear.

But, anyone with definitive experience?

^^ I would personally stay far, far away from any fragrance seller in Russia or thereabouts. LOTS of fugazi stuff coming out of that area right now for some reason

That's a shame, some sellers from Russia are offering very rare vintage and discontinued fragrances. I've been looking at some for a while, but don't feel that desperate / adventurous. Also Kilian fragrances made for Russia can be found mostly there.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000rrRyda View Post
    Same here. Totally legit in my experience.

Basenotes Plus

I bought a fake Tom Ford Tobacco Oud from perfume-nyc. No problem with a return via eBay’s return interface, but the seller still insisted the product was authentic. Um, no. Convincing packaging, possibly a refill of a real bottle, but the juice was a generic tobacco scent that would only fool someone who’d never smelled the real thing.

EDIT: The seller remained adamant that he bought the TFTO from Nordstrom Rack. This is possible, I suppose, in which case Nordstrom may have been duped (Nordy's takes returns on anything) or even been clearing out a bad batch. So, I'm not entirely comfortable labeling the seller as someone who deals in fakes, as I appear to have been the first buyer with such a complaint.
    Last edited by PStoller; 3rd September 2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: follow up

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    ^^ I would personally stay far, far away from any fragrance seller in Russia or thereabouts. LOTS of fugazi stuff coming out of that area right now for some reason
    Thanks.

To update, I did buy - and it was definitely one of the better fakes I've tried. It was basically a slightly watered down version of the perfume oils I own of Ambre Prive. Not bad - and although a rip off, and fraudulent, it was at least wearable.

I was refunded almost immediately without the need to return or with any protest. The same cannot be said for sloppier fakes - had some real trouble with one seller in Greece who is selling Armani Prive, and lots of them. It pains me to see so many positive reviews/feedbacks - people are clearly getting completely duped by them.

Anyway, yes. To confirm - the Azerbaijan seller is selling fakes.