Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
o
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: List of eBay Sellers that Are Authentic and Fake

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Do they have to mention that they are drop shippers?
    No.

I looked at the sellers items and feedback, and while his feedback is 100% positive, the items look sketchy in the photos.
    Currently wearing: Lanvin for Men by Lanvin

Anyone have any experience with this seller?

Based in Canada, joy2thee

https://www.ebay.com/usr/joy2thee?_t...p2047675.l2559

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Most likely a drop shipper.
    He most likely has never even seen those items you bought.
    Do they have to mention that they are drop shippers ?
    No, they didnt.
    If they dont mention, how we know if they are a drop shipper?

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    No.

I looked at the sellers items and feedback, and while his feedback is 100% positive, the items look sketchy in the photos.
    As I can see, the bottle, cap and box that I received is flawless, except at sprayer parts.
    you can see at the picture, fake spayer layton (left) is dull instead of polished (right). and "divider" fake at the top instead of at the bottom
    for layton exclusif, its different color, the top part is silver and the bottom is yellowish.
    Maybe its authentic bottle and box but filled with fake juice by removing the sprayer and replace with other sprayer.

layton 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everybody.

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but I wanted to ask if anybody has been scammed by Etsy sellers? I friend of mine has recently, he lost a fortune for a refill job :/

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Gilturko View Post
    I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but I wanted to ask if anybody has been scammed by Etsy sellers? I friend of mine has recently, he lost a fortune for a refill job :/
    I think we can squeeze Etsy in here. Who was the seller?

I think we can squeeze Etsy in here. Who was the seller?
    The seller is SiwyPerfumes "A la Recherche du Temps Perdu" from France. She's got more than 100 positive credits and reviews. My friend bought from her a 60 ml vintage (1960s) Mitsouko parfum to realize, once received the bottle, the juice wasn't Mitsouko at all. He informed the seller and she answered him the perfume was authentic and that very likely he swapped the juice to scam her. She had no intention to take the bottle back and refund him. Out of frustration, he told her he was going to leave a negative review and she reported the message to Etsy. Eventually, Etsy closed the case to her favour, saying he was trying to blackmail her and that since they "can't meditate smell or fragrance", the order does not qualify as not as described. I can guarantee he's a real connoisseur, and anyway is almost impossible to not recognize such a legendary fragrance: what he found in the bottle was something very similar to Madame Rochas.

The seller writes, in her profile, hat she trades in fragrances: "I do collect vintage perfumes and rare perfume bottles. I do love buying again and again all these beauties so I got so many perfumes that I have to sell some of them to buy anothers ones". So, she should be an expert as well. Besides, in the listing she writes "the jus in is mint conditions", how possible she wasn't aware of the fact the juice had been swapped?

LittleBunnyFouFou

Quote Originally Posted by Gilturko View Post
    The seller is SiwyPerfumes "A la Recherche du Temps Perdu" from France. She's got more than 100 positive credits and reviews. My friend bought from her a 60 ml vintage (1960s) Mitsouko parfum to realize, once received the bottle, the juice wasn't Mitsouko at all. He informed the seller and she answered him the perfume was authentic and that very likely he swapped the juice to scam her. She had no intention to take the bottle back and refund him. Out of frustration, he told her he was going to leave a negative review and she reported the message to Etsy. Eventually, Etsy closed the case to her favour, saying he was trying to blackmail her and that since they "can't meditate smell or fragrance", the order does not qualify as not as described. I can guarantee he's a real connoisseur, and anyway is almost impossible to not recognize such a legendary fragrance: what he found in the bottle was something very similar to Madame Rochas.

The seller writes, in her profile, hat she trades in fragrances: "I do collect vintage perfumes and rare perfume bottles. I do love buying again and again all these beauties so I got so many perfumes that I have to sell some of them to buy anothers ones". So, she should be an expert as well. Besides, in the listing she writes "the jus in is mint conditions", how possible she wasn't aware of the fact the juice had been swapped?
    I can't speak to this specific incident (except to say that it sounds tragic) but I do know on both Etsy and eBay you must never threaten the seller with bad feedback as it will turn the case in their favor everytime.

More than that though, as a vintage devotee since the mid 1970s I stay away from Etsy with only a few exceptions. In the first place most of the offerings are grossly overpriced, aimed at those easily impressed by flowery and often vague descriptions. There is one seller notorious for being enough of a cheat to be permanently banned from eBay and most perfume forums and groups that have existed for more than a couple years. There's another who sells often admittedly nice bottles but for prices that are just outrageous. I don't sell much personally but this particular Etsy seller has purchased backups from me on eBay for extremely reasonable prices and then put them up on eBay for literally 8 to 11 times the price (sometimes with less than truthful descriptions)

The point is, it's really a great place to pay too much for things. But...that's not illegal. What is worse is that as I learned first hand, Etsy is not about supporting buyers. I purchased a doll kit in April which was never mailed. I contacted the seller a few times asking if it had been mailed or would be, with no answer ever. After FOUR WEEKS I contacted Etsy who said I would need to give the admittedly non-responsive seller a week to respond to them, which they not only didn't do but during which time their shop vanished. Etsy then told me that they did understand it had probably not been shipped but I would need to wait "a while more". Mind you this is 300$ and we're at about 2 months from purchase. I don't use credit cards or would have charged back. I had to call PayPal and open a case - which stunned them as it seemed so open and shut. They contacted Etsy who then ruled in my favor and returned my money in another 12 days.

TLDR. Think hard before using Etsy. My experience with vintage fragrance sellers there is that most are excessively greedy and probably over 75% aren't on eBay because they had too low feedback to continue there. Buyer support is definitely not dependable.

NOTABLE EXCEPTION: ODONA. Great guy, extremely honest.

This listing is ended, but what do you think about the sold parfum? Look especially at the last picture where you see the bottom of the box: it's written in a French full of mistakes: garanatie instead of garantie, ceporduit instead of ce produit, reu instead of rue and there are even italian words mixed in making no sense at all. This is not the first time I see listed on Ebay that same item with the mispelled writings. It seems there are plenty of them around. Are them counterfeit? What do you think?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANCOME-M...p2047675.l2557

Basenotes Plus

Bogus. Spelled Cosmair, "Cosman," too.

Another listing with a counterfeit Magie noire

https://www.ebay.it/itm/MAGIE-NOIRE-...bcd0%7Ciid%3A1

Long time reader, first time poster.

Just dropping in to warn people about phileasfoggs_emporium (he might change his name, so here's a link to his profile: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/phileasfo...72.m2749.l2754

User ID phileasfoggs_emporium

In the Uk, on ebay.

Sells expensive 7.5ml decants of less available fragrances. Very quick to sell new releases so I overpaid for them just for the sake of trying them quickly. Also offers tiny 0.25ml vial dabs of some other fragrance swhich sweetens the offer.

I first bought one of his 2x 7.5ml listings. He took over a week to post the first time and came up with an excuse about family been ill and then more excuses for the delay. I let it go. You never know, it might be true.

The second time the same happened again, over a week to post, lied about posting them, including ridiculous excuses about being on holiday and then the weather being too bad to post them. This got me worried. The decants arrived, same again, plastic atomiser.

The issue came when I realised that my "7.5ml" atomiser was the exact same size as a 5ml atomiser I had purchased from elsewhere.

I measured out the liquid inside these supposedly 7.5ml atomisers and - surprise, surprise - there was just over 4ml of liquid in each. The plastic atomisers were 5ml but tall and thinner than your usual atomiser, making it hard for the naked eye, and even then they weren't filled to the top. Closer to 4ml than 5ml in most. His excuse was to show me an amazon listing for 7ml atomisers, that these were the ones he bought - despite advertising 7.5ml atomisers, of course. Not the sharpest tool in the box. The ease with which he lied and avoided the truth repeatedly from our first exchanges about delivery time was horrible - the kind where you know lying is just second nature to someone. This went on over the course of several weeks. Eventually I was given full refunds in the hope I would, of course, just shut up and go away.

I felt utterly cheated and I had bought 6 atomisers - supposedly 45ml of fragrance - and had actually only received less than 30ml. Absolutely disgusted. Even at 45ml it was a tidy profit for him, but the profit he was making on people for what he was actually giving them is extortionate. I've left negative feedback and fought hard to return them and get refunds from him, but the feedback was deleted within hours of me leaving it. For someone who is so lazy and takes so long to post while lying about his laziness, he is certainly vigilant at monitoring his feedback and getting ebay to remove it. Which is a major failing of the feedback system - I simply wrote 'not as described' in the hope there were no grounds to remove it, and it was gone before the end of the day.

I don't know the full story of this man and what he does, but I can adamantly say he is a compulsive liar and a fraud. Please beware. He has sold thousands and thousands of pounds' worth of fragrances on ebay since he started selling just over a year ago. I would imagine loads of people are completely unaware they are being scammed.

He signs his messages as 'Edward' but I am certain this is a fake name. His associated paypal is named 'Castle precision seevices' (spelling mistake included). Apparently based in London. This is a scammer down to his very core, deliberately hiding an address and an identity.

I have been tempted to go to the police with this but I would imagine it would be brushed under the carpet. Either way, the very least I can do is inform others. I have evidence for all of this on my side. If he searches for his name and finds this he might change his username or set up a new account. Sadly, he might even be a user of this forum. He currently has a score of 353 feedback, and this is an example of his listing titles: "MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN BACCARAT ROUGE 540 EXTRAIT 15ml 2X 7.5ml &FREE TOM FORD".

Please avoid and if you've bought from him, seek refunds.

I actually looked up his company and believe his name is Edward Neill: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...04430/officers

Basenotes Plus

Here's a You Tube video from
    Ashton
    which really gets into what to look out for on Ebay.
    The time signature you need to scan up to is around the 43:32 mark.
    It's solid advice.
    Thought that some of you might find an interest , then others a need.

Here is my list of solid and honest Ebay sellers.

ediscountperfumes

foreverlux

perfume-empire

labette_fragrance_and_fashion

fares1000

1-perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Searches today for Sai Holdings (numerous spelling variations also attempted) came up empty. Can someone provide a link?
    Currently wearing: Alliage by Estée Lauder

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Rick58 & Beth62 View Post
    Searches today for Sai Holdings (numerous spelling variations also attempted) came up empty. Can someone provide a link?
    Just search for user saiholdings.

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Thanks.

To update, I did buy - and it was definitely one of the better fakes I've tried. It was basically a slightly watered down version of the perfume oils I own of Ambre Prive. Not bad - and although a rip off, and fraudulent, it was at least wearable.

I was refunded almost immediately without the need to return or with any protest. The same cannot be said for sloppier fakes - had some real trouble with one seller in Greece who is selling Armani Prive, and lots of them. It pains me to see so many positive reviews/feedbacks - people are clearly getting completely duped by them.

Anyway, yes. To confirm - the Azerbaijan seller is selling fakes.
    They're not selling fakes, they're simply watering down the original fragrances. I, as well as others here, bought a decant from one of these azerbaijan sellers, of the original version of Nuwa, a fragrance that was $1,200 retail, and only available for a year. It smelled like the original fragrance, but like it had 50% well water added in it to dilute it. They wouldn't have actually created a fake of such an exclusive luxury fragrance that was only around that long. I had also received a watered down decant of Richwood, same deal with the weird smelling water in it. Never, ever buy from azerbaijan!
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

Basenotes Plus

Just search for user saiholdings.
    Thank you! The one permutation I didn’t try - removing the space. D’oh!
    Currently wearing: Alliage by Estée Lauder

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Rick58 & Beth62 View Post
    Thank you! The one permutation I didn’t try - removing the space. D’oh!
    Blame last night’s champagne.

Quote Originally Posted by jkittlesen View Post
    Here is my list of solid and honest Ebay sellers.

ediscountperfumes

foreverlux

perfume-empire

labette_fragrance_and_fashion

fares1000

1-perfumes
    Some of them have excellent rating, added to my faves, thanks!
    Some have quite a few negative reviews saying "fake" (a big no-no for me). Wonder if you were just lucky dealing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothamwater View Post
    They're not selling fakes, they're simply watering down the original fragrances. I, as well as others here, bought a decant from one of these azerbaijan sellers, of the original version of Nuwa, a fragrance that was $1,200 retail, and only available for a year. It smelled like the original fragrance, but like it had 50% well water added in it to dilute it. They wouldn't have actually created a fake of such an exclusive luxury fragrance that was only around that long. I had also received a watered down decant of Richwood, same deal with the weird smelling water in it. Never, ever buy from azerbaijan!
    Ahem... Are watered down versions sold in original bottles, or in fake ones?
    I can hardly imagine the process of opening and sealing back an original perfume bottle, so I suspect either they have some professional equipment, or the bottles are fake.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lilioka View Post
    Are watered down versions sold in original bottles, or in fake ones?
    In the case of the Azerbaijani seller(s), the bottles aren’t even at the level of fakes: they’re generic bottles that look like big decants. I’m mystified that anyone would buy them.

In the case of the Azerbaijani seller(s), the bottles aren’t even at the level of fakes: they’re generic bottles that look like big decants. I’m mystified that anyone would buy them.
    Oh, that's unexpected. At least it's pretty obvious then.
    As much as I love eBay, I wouldn't buy any decants or unsealed splash bottles there, it's basically asking for troubles.

Some of them have excellent rating, added to my faves, thanks!
    Some have quite a few negative reviews saying "fake" (a big no-no for me). Wonder if you were just lucky dealing with them.
    So far so good but best to be cautious.

Basenotes Plus

As much as I love eBay, I wouldn't buy any decants or unsealed splash bottles there, it's basically asking for troubles.
    There are reputable dealers who sell those. It's just hard when you don't know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothamwater View Post
    The ones I bought are 100% fake, not watered down. They're completely the wrong colour and smell and are identical to the oil dupes I've bought.

Unfortunately, you have been tricked. Beau de Jour came out last January and there was an oil dupe available to buy by June - but 6 months after its release. The high-quality-fake business is incredibly sophisticated, well connected, and profitable.

It's possible you bought a 'watered down' version - but if you mean actual water, and not alcohol, then that's basically impossible.

It's a fake.
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Has anyone tried purchasing from giftexpress1 seller in eBay? They have some good prices. Most their negative feedback are shipping related, but my bigger concern is receiving a legitimate or fake fragrance.

One sample item on their eBay store:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/273915380939

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I haven’t bought from giftexpress1, but I saw several complaints about inauthenticity of product. I’d be cautious.

Has anyone bought from best_perfumes4me? I’m new to eBay buying because of this quarantine and don’t want to end up with something fake...

Also does anyone know if ediscountperfumes restocks their items?
    Favorite Houses:
    Hermès
    Zoologist
    Frederic Malle
    Amouage
    Rogue Perfumery
    Serge Lutens

Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage