Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Club de Nuit Intense Man vs. Creed Aventus

Boy Club De Nuit Intense for Man is so good, its even better than Aventus!!!

Its too bad that you can not sample CdNIM so you can find out what it smells like and how it performs. Wait! If you sampled it, then you would know what it smells like and how it performs before you had to buy it.....Nevermind.....Go Texas
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

It's amusing how these new "clone hype" threads are conversations between a handful of new members that just recently joined. Odd, that.
    Sale thread 2013 Aventus & GIT! 2014 SMW! Bond no.9 Bleeker St! Guerlain SDV! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/449...71#post4300371!

There are some stores in Dallas you can smell it at, I believe. I bought it blind. It was my best blind buy ever, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    It's amusing how these new "clone hype" threads are conversations between a handful of new members that just recently joined. Odd, that.
    This is how you promote cheap knockoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by iwiffwaft View Post
    There are some stores in Dallas you can smell it at, I believe. I bought it blind. It was my best blind buy ever, I think.
    Yes.

I think there are some new BN members from Texas, new Fragrantica members from Texas, a local shop in Texas, an Ebay seller in Texas, and an Amazon seller in Texas. I guess Texas is a pretty big state that loves its Armaf.... and its football.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    Yes.

I think there are some new BN members from Texas, new Fragrantica members from Texas, a local shop in Texas, an Ebay seller in Texas, and an Amazon seller in Texas. I guess Texas is a pretty big state that loves its Armaf....
    He just got banned
    Sale thread 2013 Aventus & GIT! 2014 SMW! Bond no.9 Bleeker St! Guerlain SDV! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/449...71#post4300371!

Look everybody, I have no vested interest in Armaf or Creed. I just started this thread to let those people who are interested in buying "cheap knockoffs" as you call them, hear my personal experience with Armaf Cdni. I think it's hilarious how many people on here get so defensive about Creed, almost like they're magic elixirs that cannot be replicated. I have worn Aventus from the beginning, and I still will continue to buy and wear Aventus, but I have to give credit to Armaf, they have replicated my signature scent very well, and did it with an edt that cost a fraction of the price. If you have not tried Armaf CdNi then how can you even make a judgement on it, I have, and no, it is not better than Aventus, but it's a fine fragrance and I think it's unfair to just write this one off as just another "cheap knockoff" if you've never gave it a sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwest_35 View Post
    Look everybody, I have no vested interest in Armaf or Creed. I just started this thread to let those people who are interested in buying "cheap knockoffs" as you call them, hear my personal experience with Armaf Cdni. I think it's hilarious how many people on here get so defensive about Creed, almost like they're magic elixirs that cannot be replicated. I have worn Aventus from the beginning, and I still will continue to buy and wear Aventus, but I have to give credit to Armaf, they have replicated my signature scent very well, and did it with an edt that cost a fraction of the price. If you have not tried Armaf CdNi then how can you even make a judgement on it, I have, and no, it is not better than Aventus, but it's a fine fragrance and I think it's unfair to just write this one off as just another "cheap knockoff" if you've never gave it a sniff.
    No one is being defensive about Creed, and certainly no one is suggesting that they are "magic elixirs that cannot be replicated". My point has simply been that you cannot successfully replicate a fragrance with cheap, synthetic ingredients. The quality will not be there.

It's a cheap knockoff. I am not going to pay for a fragrance that will undoubtedly be inferior to the original, just to say that I have tried it. I am content with paying for Aventus and have no need or desire to pay for knockoffs.

However, if you enjoy those knockoffs, that's perfectly fine. To each his own. They are not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    To each his own. They are not for me.
    Im not sure why you're commenting in this thread if thats the case.

Aventus is a great fragrance, its gets a lot of pub because its easily loved by both sexes.
    With that said, the "natural ingredients" Creed company line is marketing in my opinion.
    Creed fragrances dont smell any more "natural" than other well done scents with prominent notes.
    Certainly the claim of ambergris cannot be that of natural origin. It doesnt smell naturally of pineapple or even apple for that matter.
    IF ANYTHING I smell a somewhat natural sweet/tart black currant.

Anyway, im not sure why we judge everything even remotely close to Aventus as a pass/fail based on how close it is.
    Fragrances are fragrances, and IMO should be judged on their own merit.

If someone does create a fragrance exactly the same as a Creed fragrances are all the apologists going to mail in letter to their local senators?
    Its crazy how serious some people take this hobby. Step back, take a deep breath and ask yourself, does it smell good or not?
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

Quote Originally Posted by fragrancedude View Post
    That's too bad. I like Aventus, but prefer the Armaf CDNI for man. It's a beautiful work of art. It's more than a copy, it's an improvement. Aventus is still the top dog, but its just not as lavishly wearable at that price point. I just hope the quality of the Armaf doesn't go down because of all the well deserved hype.
    June 2015 account creation. Wonder who this is?

Basenotes Plus

Last year it was Ilum Dean Fresco that was the cheap Aventus alternative...

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Last year it was Ilum Dean Fresco that was the cheap Aventus alternative...
    Actually that was 2 to 3 years. Aventus was also a cheaper alternative to itself back then. Of course it wasn't the pineapple heavy batches, but more of the smokey pineapple with the apple twist batches. It's all a bit confusing after awhile.
    Last edited by silentrich; 7th June 2015 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Im not sure why you're commenting in this thread if thats the case.

Aventus is a great fragrance, its gets a lot of pub because its easily loved by both sexes.
    With that said, the "natural ingredients" Creed company line is marketing in my opinion.
    Creed fragrances dont smell any more "natural" than other well done scents with prominent notes.
    Certainly the claim of ambergris cannot be that of natural origin. It doesnt smell naturally of pineapple or even apple for that matter.
    IF ANYTHING I smell a somewhat natural sweet/tart black currant.

Anyway, im not sure why we judge everything even remotely close to Aventus as a pass/fail based on how close it is.
    Fragrances are fragrances, and IMO should be judged on their own merit.

If someone does create a fragrance exactly the same as a Creed fragrances are all the apologists going to mail in letter to their local senators?
    Its crazy how serious some people take this hobby. Step back, take a deep breath and ask yourself, does it smell good or not?
    Since when are members prohibited from commenting on threads to express a negative opinion?

Aventus smells WAY more natural and high quality than any knockoff I've ever encountered. And incidentally, we judge knockoffs based on whether or not they can successfully approximate the fragrance they are copying. That is why they are knockoffs and not standalone fragrances. There is no innovation - knockoffs are derivative by their nature.

Since when are members prohibited from commenting on threads to express a negative opinion?

Aventus smells WAY more natural and high quality than any knockoff I've ever encountered. And incidentally, we judge knockoffs based on whether or not they can successfully approximate the fragrance they are copying. That is why they are knockoffs and not standalone fragrances.
    I have a more than an educated guess that you would never admit to anything improving on Aventus.
    Who says this fragrance discussed or any other previous fragrance is a knockoff? Is there anything in the marketing saying its a cheap alternative to Aventus or are you just anointing it as such?

There is no innovation - knockoffs are derivative by their nature.
    If thats the case, how do you feel about Creed's Original Santal and Mont Blanc Individuel?
    Which is the knockoff?

I have a more than an educated guess that you would never admit to anything improving on Aventus.
    Who says this fragrance discussed or any other previous fragrance is a knockoff? Is there anything in the marketing saying its a cheap alternative to Aventus or are you just anointing it as such?
    The first sentence of this thread refers to the Armaf as a "clone", so that's close enough for me. And as for your former point, you seem to be suggesting that I would lie to protect the reputation of Aventus. That is simply not true, and I'm not sure why you feel the need to make that accusation.

What amazes me is there can be good discussions about other alternatives to expensive fragrances, but as soon as Aventus is mentioned everyone goes apeshi* crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

The first sentence of this thread refers to the Armaf as a "clone", so that's close enough for me. And as for your former point, you seem to be suggesting that I would lie to protect the reputation of Aventus. That is simply not true, and I'm not sure why you feel the need to make that accusation.
    I didnt say anything about lying.

I didnt say anything about lying.
    "I have a more than an educated guess that you would never admit to anything improving on Aventus." Excuse me. You suggested that I would mislead everyone by never admitting that.

That's beside the point. Back to the topic at hand, I think it's reasonable for me to assume that a $30-50 knockoff won't be comparable to the $350 original.

The larger issue with all of this is that these threads keep getting created and responded to by brand new accounts. A fragrance no one's ever heard of before, and a stream of brand new accounts promoting them.

And one individual promoting them getting banned, and repeatedly returning and creating accounts through a proxy.

There are patterns here being ignored.

The larger issue with all of this is that these threads keep getting created and responded to by brand new accounts. A fragrance no one's ever heard of before, and a stream of brand new accounts promoting them.

And one individual promoting them getting banned, and repeatedly returning and creating accounts through a proxy.

I agree it's ridiculous and a member like this should not be able to posts threads in other members names and come back with another bogus account time and time again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

Yeah I agree, it's all a bit suss...
    Hi, my name is Fahrenheit. I am 29 years old and live in Australia.

With all the hate that these "clones/knockoffs" take I wonder if it's the same towards breast implants, nose jobs and other cosmetic changes humans undergo

Quote Originally Posted by Cireal View Post
    Cheers Todd!
    Unpredictable Adventure is too synthetic and ashy. If you want to smell like a campfire that has just been blown out then go for it! I found it cloying to my nose.
    Here's your answer. Cheers Todd!

Excuse me. You suggested that I would mislead everyone by never admitting that.
    I didnt say anything about misleading anyone either. You are making assumptions sir.

That's beside the point. Back to the topic at hand, I think it's reasonable for me to assume that a $30-50 knockoff won't be comparable to the $350 original.
    If thats the case, how do you feel about Creed's Original Santal and Mont Blanc Individuel?
    Which is the knockoff?
    So I guess in this case the $350 knockoff wont be comparable to the $30 original.

Oh well.

I didnt say anything about misleading anyone either. You are making assumptions sir.
    Then what was the point of that "educated guess"? lol.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

I think it's reasonable for me to assume that a $30-50 knockoff won't be comparable to the $350 original.
    It's a reasonable assumption, but it's often incorrect. Perfume is chemistry, and chemistry can be duplicated. To be clear, I'm not suggesting you or anyone else should buy a clone instead of the real thing. It's your money. Buy what you think is most worth spending your money on. But don't fool yourself into believing that a higher price tag means 'better' juice. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. What a higher price tag really means is taking a different business strategy. Higher prices mean fewer bottles sold, but greater profit per bottle.

Perfumery is a business, and the markup is insane. Even in a bottle of Aventus, the juice itself probably costs less than $10. To be clear here, I'm talking about the liquid that *is* the fragrance. Other costs come from the fact that Creed has to pay the rent (or mortgages?) on their boutique spaces. Creed also has research & development costs, marketing costs, and other creating/selling costs that come with being in the business - especially at the luxury end. Most people don't realize Creed leases counter space at stores like Nordstrom (that's the difference between being mixed in with the standard fragrance counter and having your own counter in the store). And there's salaries for their employees, etc etc etc. But the juice itself probably costs less than $10 a bottle to make.

Knockoffs and discount brands take the opposite approach. They make money by not having much overhead. Their juice probably doesn't cost that much less - in fact, it might even cost more since making it in smaller volume means a higher price per oz. So, if they can sell at $40 per bottle, they make $30 per bottle minus costs, which means they have a much lower threshold to reach in order to turn a profit as a business.

To me, none of this matters at all. I don't judge based on the house, the price or whether it's designer, niche, or whatever else. I own Aventus because it smells better to me than any clone I've tried. And I own Al Rehab Silver because it smells better to me than the real thing, and better than any of the other clones. If I thought SMW smelled better, I'd buy it instead of the Al Rehab.

I won't be surprised at all if somebody manages to make a clone of Aventus that smells as good if not even better than the real thing. I haven't smelled this latest clone yet, so I can't judge it... but none of the other Aventus clones I've smelled are anywhere near as good as the real thing.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Curve
    Royal Oud
    Aqua Celestia
    CK One
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Neroli Portofino
    Prada L'Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    It's a reasonable assumption, but it's often incorrect. Perfume is chemistry, and chemistry can be duplicated. To be clear, I'm not suggesting you or anyone else should buy a clone instead of the real thing. It's your money. Buy what you think is most worth spending your money on. But don't fool yourself into believing that a higher price tag means 'better' juice. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. What a higher price tag really means is taking a different business strategy. Higher prices mean fewer bottles sold, but greater profit per bottle.

Perfumery is a business, and the markup is insane. Even in a bottle of Aventus, the juice itself probably costs less than $10. To be clear here, I'm talking about the liquid that *is* the fragrance. Other costs come from the fact that Creed has to pay the rent (or mortgages?) on their boutique spaces. Creed also has research & development costs, marketing costs, and other creating/selling costs that come with being in the business - especially at the luxury end. Most people don't realize Creed leases counter space at stores like Nordstrom (that's the difference between being mixed in with the standard fragrance counter and having your own counter in the store). And there's salaries for their employees, etc etc etc. But the juice itself probably costs less than $10 a bottle to make.

Knockoffs and discount brands take the opposite approach. They make money by not having much overhead. Their juice probably doesn't cost that much less - in fact, it might even cost more since making it in smaller volume means a higher price per oz. So, if they can sell at $40 per bottle, they make $30 per bottle minus costs, which means they have a much lower threshold to reach in order to turn a profit as a business.

To me, none of this matters at all. I don't judge based on the house, the price or whether it's designer, niche, or whatever else. I own Aventus because it smells better to me than any clone I've tried. And I own Al Rehab Silver because it smells better to me than the real thing, and better than any of the other clones. If I thought SMW smelled better, I'd buy it instead of the Al Rehab.

I won't be surprised at all if somebody manages to make a clone of Aventus that smells as good if not even better than the real thing. I haven't smelled this latest clone yet, so I can't judge it... but none of the other Aventus clones I've smelled are anywhere near as good as the real thing.
    Yes perfumery is chemistry, and yes chemistry can be duplicated, to a point. But all I have suggested is that it is unlikely that a cheap clone can match an original. Aventus has been copied many times, and as you note, the clones are never anywhere near the original.

To add to your description of the knockoff strategy, knockoff companies can also take an approach involving generating hype on the internet forums. It involves the creation of multiple user accounts, aggressive marketing that attempts to portray the cheap clone as equivalent the original, and fraudulent attempts to silence those who might disagree. We've seen just that sort of behavior earlier today.

Anyway, if a clone happened to smell better than an original, I'd buy the clone. But I haven't yet come across one that I prefer to Aventus, and based on the track record of what has come before, it is unlikely (to put it mildly) that a cheap fragrance will be able to mimic the smell, quality, and performance of the original.

Neo, that is funny man. Sooo everybody that hypes a lesser known fragrance on this or other forums is working for the companies? I gotta say, that would be hilarious if this forum was just a bunch of undercover company reps pushing their wares. I said it once, and I'll say it again. If you haven't tried it, you have nothing to add to this thread. And if you have no plans on trying it, why are you still in here defending Creed so vehemently?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast