Code of Conduct

Default My advice - before posting to this forum.

1. Tell us where you bought it.
    2. Tell us what you paid.
    3. Tell us about the seller (if on ebay, tell us the feedback, the other items being sold, where the item is located, if the account appears as though it might have been "hijacked," etc.).
    4. Closely look at the bottle and see if there are imperfections, such as if the lettering comes off easily if you rub your fingernails on it. Does the cap fit properly? Is the packaging different from what you believe to be correct? Is the tubing too long or does it has a S or other weird shape? Is there anything about it that seems flimsy? Are any words misspelled?
    5. Tell us what you think is suspect, and always mention the smell and performance of it !
    6. Did you turn it upside down for a few hours, and if so, did it leak?
    7. Does the color of the liquid appear to be correct?
    8. Is the liquid cloudy or does it have anything floating in it (hold it up to the light)?
    9. Does the weight appear to be correct (if you have an idea about what it should weigh)? Provide the weight if you have a scale.
    10. Post good pictures!

This should include:

the bottom, with good detail for the label.
    the tubing.
    the top, with spray cap on as well as removed.
    the lettering.
    the exterior cap, if present, including the interior of that cap.
    the box, if present.
    and of course anything you think is suspect.

Remember that just because something seems "wrong," such as letters being rubbed off fairly easily, does not mean it must be fake. The thing is you want to provide as much information because someone who reads your post might know what should be the case, and so can help out. Otherwise, the person might not respond. Anyone who has more ideas, please post them here.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 9th June 2015 at 12:05 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: My advice - before posting to this forum.

How does it smell? Is it similar to the sample?

Some answers are they smell similar to the sample but it seems weak .

edit - oops. You already covered that . Lol.
    Last edited by CapriDog; 5th June 2015 at 01:25 AM.

Bigsly, Great idea!

And I know you mean well. But I don't think it will work. If you read the last few posts you will see that most people don't even bother smelling the friggin fragrance or bother to test it out before they create a new thread. Nevermind going through a 10 step process. Its the same old, same old. A bunch of people who are willfully ignorant, buy shit on ebay, and then come here to register a new account, download pictures, and have people pat them on the head and give them a cookie while they assure them that its real (or fake). Meh.

"Thanks guys, I was a bit worried about Napoleon's horse on the package and just wanted to make sure that the guy in the alley who I bought the Aventus from for $50 was legit. Thanks, now my Mommy is calling me from the basement because its dinner time. So I have to go . She is making macaroni shaped like ponies. Yippee! I can wear my Aventus tomorrow during my paper route, so I know the panties will be falling big time!!!""
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Well, if someone posts something like, "I just got a 4 oz Aventus for $50 and it has a weird vibe - could it be fake?"

then you can just copy and paste what I wrote above to that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Well, if someone posts something like, "I just got a 4 oz Aventus for $50 and it has a weird vibe - could it be fake?" then you can just copy and paste what I wrote above to that post.
    I think your steps are a great idea. But unfortunately they require a small amount of effort on the part of the OPs. So I have a better idea.

On Monday Wednesday and Friday all responders should answer "Its a fake!"

On Tuesday Thursday Saturday and Sunday all responders should answer "Its real!"

It doesn't really matter either way. So why not put in the same amount of effort as the OPs do in their threads?
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Good advices. Will keep in mind in case I need to post here, hope not!

i have to agree with smellyfinger in some aspect, that it does seem that new members just simply come along, say hey i bought this, im a lazy git and cant be bothered to spray it, so im demanding you lot tell me if ive been duped or not.

Those members who do post photos, and genuinely have an issue, and have inspected the item themselves, and want a little clarification, im happy to help, and rightly so.

But i also agree with Bigsly, his numbered steps for seeking advice is clear and consise, and should be put at the top as a sticky.

after all, we are not all experts, we are just perfume officionados, with some great knowledge, and 99% of the members are willing to help someone out..but we dont have the powers of Psychic ability, unless creed, kilian ormroja dove manage to bring that formulation out!!
    Life changing events change lives forever

Just bought a new creed. Green Irish Tweed from a Danish web site who delivers for UK. I got a batch nr. which says produced in 2014. I was told in a YouTube clip with Street scent that it's only real If you can't scratch of the matte black of the bottle, so it's not supposed to be painted. My batch nr. is LT3214K01 .. This number is also ingraved on the bottom and is shown on the package. The cap on the bottle is very loose and fells a little like bad quality. I have been in the US and bought from Neiman Marcus store in BH before. The cap and atomizer was different back then. Hope to get some reply.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks good to me. How's the scent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 is the number for GIT and 14 is the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Looks OK to my eyes too.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

My bottle says "Green Irish Weed".

This can't possibly be fake, can it????
    Toilet Water Splasher
    Currently wearing: Frapin 1270 by Frapin