Code of Conduct

Default FIRST IN FRAGRANCE response

Some of you may know i tried FIF a month or so ago for the first time, and it nearly ended in an absolute disaster,

with ú500 of frags dissapearing, then off to be destroyed, FIF non resolving, and the various postage systems being as useful as chocolate fireguards, im sure you coild imagine my dislike for the company and concern about using them again.

Now, remember, i tried contacting them, got the cold shoulder, and was left to hunt my parcel myself before it was destroyed.

now, i had sent various emails, some were in a verbal manner to describing their ability to run a customer service system similar to the floatation of the titanic. i had also sent them the pictures from the parcel, showing the failure of FIF to simply put my address on the box, where it was Handwritten on an FIF slip taped to the box, with no ability for any postal service to have a clue where it was supposed to be delivered, and the way it was ripped open, and contents pulled apart (supposedly by the courier to find out where it was meant to go)

so imagine my surprise, when i get an email this week, from FIF stating that they had come across my emails, and were very upset to find that i had been left without resolve. they said that they were relieved that at the very least the fragrances i had ordered were recieved, but dismayed that any gifts they had placed inside the parcel were missing. also that they are extremely sorry for the complete error in labeling and shipping.
    Imagine my surprise again, when reading further, they offer me not only Free Shipping on my orders from now on for 12 months, but also my next four orders will recieve a 25% discount for the problems caused up to a maximum of ú500 per order.
    BUT, they give me no explaination to HOW it happened, or that the system has been looked at to prevent it happening again.

so, what do i do? there were a few fragrances i wanted, some of them they do carry. I know some of you have used them, with no problems at all, but im skeptical.
    Life changing events change lives forever

Default Re: FIRST IN FRAGRANCE response

I honestly avoid ordering from overseas. I've ordered from Essenza-Nobile twice, and it took a month to receive both packages and anxiety drove me crazy.

Customs can be such a pain in the ass sometimes it's just not worth the stress to get a discount. Well, for me at least.
    Sale thread 2013 Aventus & GIT! 2014 SMW! Bond no.9 Bleeker St! Guerlain SDV! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/449...71#post4300371!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Take them up on their offer but do it incrementally. Since you will be getting free shipping for a year and a 25% discount, go slow to restore your confidence in them. For the trouble you had to endure, it seems like they are trying to keep you as a customer.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

good advice Hedic, i think you are on the same page as me.

i may order a bottle of Frapin Paradis Perdu from them, and see how it goes.
    at least if it all goes horribly wrong again, im not having a heart attack over huge amounts.

i shall keep people posted.

point of this post is to say, i WISH they would just investigate what went wrong, and tell me, give me some confidence that they KNOW how it happened, and that im safe using them again.

Order taking the offer, as it's too good to miss, adding to the low conversion rates of Euro rt now.

However, I would not ask them to ship directly to u - instead, find a BN in europe, who can ship the package to u - i wouldn't risk FIF sending another package knowing the first was confiscated & destroyed.

OF course, u run the same risk with the BN shipping it, but at least BN can put on customs the products being anything other than perfumes...
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

ive gone ahead and ordered the Frapin. so lets see if everything is fine this time,

Quote Originally Posted by Emoe View Post
    ive gone ahead and ordered the Frapin. so lets see if everything is fine this time,
    Good! Please keep us posted as to the results.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

That is a good olive branch and it makes me wonder if someone there reads basenotes. Anyway I'm sure everything will be fine this time around, and that is a great discount to have.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Chanel Cuir de Russie Edp
    2. Chanel Coromandel Edp
    3. Eau de Guerlain
    4. Chypre Siam By Rogue Perfumery
    5. Rochas Moustache Edp

25% off is a nice discount, i would definitely give it a shot again. It does take a bit longer for them to deliver but its worth the wait if you're saving over 100 plus dollars per order or pounds, in your situation

I understand how you feel after your first (bad) experience of FIF. However, I've used them on occasion and found them to be first class in every aspect; I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, in spite of your recent episode.

You were just unlucky, I reckon. Millions upon millions of parcels are shipped everywhere everyday - one or two are bound to go astray.

Take advantage of that generous offer; I really hope things will be fine.

Sounds like the main cause of your problems was the handwritten address label. I wonder if that had anything to do with them moving around the time you ordered? It would be nice to know that information. And was the move also the cause of their poor communication?

I'd be willing to bet that you just had bad luck the first time around and you'll get their normally good service in the future.

Can you email with them? I have never emailed with FIF, but I have emailed back and forth with Essenza Nobile on several occasions and they are always very responsive. They get back with me the very next day. I don't know why FIF couldn't do the same.

hednic, do you usually have good communication with them?
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: NÚroli Sauvage by Creed

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

FIF have been great for me personally. I'm glad they are sensitive to your misfortune others have unreliable customer services that are very frustrating to deal with. EN is another A-lister for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post

hednic, do you usually have good communication with them?
    Yes, I correspond pretty regularly with Franziska who handles inventory and troubleshoots problems. She has been very good in getting back to me within 24 hours. In fact I alsways have her confirm that the stock is what it says before I place my order as she knows I don't like to wait for any backordered items.

well, amazing! utterly amazing!! (and i imagine theyre trying everything to make things better!!)

i ordered on the 7th, and the parcel was overnighted to me and arrived DHL this time today.

No problems with the order, box intact, properly printed address label, and perfume and samples all intact!

not sure what you all get as gifts when you order from them, but i got a box of matches and a biscuit! lol trying to work out the relevance but hey! theyre free!!

Yes they have the minus touch when it comes to the packaging and gifts. I've had the matches and biscuit on my orders, they also sometimes spray the packaging with a random scent and leave a card on top with the name of the scent. Glad you have experienced their usual panache and great customer service this time around.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Chanel Cuir de Russie Edp
    2. Chanel Coromandel Edp
    3. Eau de Guerlain
    4. Chypre Siam By Rogue Perfumery
    5. Rochas Moustache Edp

well, amazing! utterly amazing!! (and i imagine theyre trying everything to make things better!!)

i ordered on the 7th, and the parcel was overnighted to me and arrived DHL this time today.

No problems with the order, box intact, properly printed address label, and perfume and samples all intact!

not sure what you all get as gifts when you order from them, but i got a box of matches and a biscuit! lol trying to work out the relevance but hey! theyre free!!
    Glad to hear they made good on their promise to accommodate you.

yes, i believe that even though theyre not forthcoming with the reasons why it happened, its moot point now, as the problem is over, and i ended up with the fragrances i ordered.

and furthermore, they offered an apology in the way of shipping and discount, and followed through, and then went beyond and had my shipment send overnight. Now i am not expecting that to happen again if i order next time, it would be ridiculous to expect them to do so.

but at least they have come through, and reinstated my confidence in the company.

just rather have a few empty vials than a biscuilt lol!!

Basenotes Institution

Emoe - I am glad it has worked out well for you. The 25% discount offer is very sweet.
    I hope you don't mind if I use your thread to tag along.

So I ordered 5 bottles from FiF last month and everything is in perfect condition except one bottle. The sprayer does not work and I have tried about a dozen times. It seems the sprayer stem is too long and that the stem opening touches/lines up to bottom of the bottle so no juice is able to get into the stem. I emailed FiF and explained the situation.

Me:
    Dear Georg R. Wuchsa,

I received the package a couple days ago. Thank you very much.

However, there is an issue. The sprayer of the Mito bottle does not work. I tried to spray almost 10 times but no juice (perfume) came out from the bottle. Other than that, everything else is perfect. When you have a chance, please let me know what I should do.

Many thanks,
    -------------------------------------------------------------

FiF:
    Hello,

thank you for your email!

We are very sorry about that issue!
    That might has happened in the production.

Please let us know what you prefer. Would you like to get a replacement bottle or can we send you a voucher over the amount of the perfume.

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes
    Franziska

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me:
    Hello Franziska,

I would like to have a replacement/exchange of the Mito bottle please. Please let me know how I can ship the Mito bottle back to you.

Many thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FiF:
    Hello,

thank you for your reply!

Are you planning to make a new order soon?

Please let us know!

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes
    Franziska
    -------------------------------------------------------

I have yet returned the email.

Have anyone got an exchange from FiF and how would you return the defective bottle back to them? Did they send a prepaid stamp/sticker to you first or is it something you have to pay on your own first and get a credit/voucher from them for the shipping cost? Which shipping method to use, international shipping with warranty?

As I read these comments the more pissed I get.. Ive ordered from them for the last time... My bottle has been in Germany since the 25th of May, Ive called DHL they say it was shipped to USPS, USPS says no it still in Germany I feel FIF is jut blowing me off really?????

Quote Originally Posted by jlanca675 View Post
    As I read these comments the more pissed I get.. Ive ordered from them for the last time... My bottle has been in Germany since the 25th of May
    That's terrible. Sorry to hear that. An experience like that can definitely sour one's perspective. Hope this resolves itself soon and you get your package.

I have Ordered again from FIF, considering their offer, i have ordered Creed Virgin Island Water, and two bottles of Molton Brown Jackberry Hairwash (discontinued by Molton Brown and a FANTASTIC shampoo!)

so, lets see how they do again.

I have Ordered again from FIF, considering their offer, i have ordered Creed Virgin Island Water, and two bottles of Molton Brown Jackberry Hairwash (discontinued by Molton Brown and a FANTASTIC shampoo!)

so, lets see how they do again.
    I'll bet this one goes more smoothly than the first. That's a very nice Creed by the way.

Well, my Creed Virgin Island Water arrived today, along with both bottles of Molton Brown Jackberry shampoo.

all three samples in there, but nowt else. perhaps they have sltopped their free gifts! heaven knows, im already getting a deal!!

however, i would ask, is their stock old, as the VIW i recieved is batch code c13 for 2013 rather than a 15 dated batch. juice is fine, so im not bothered, just curious.

however, i would ask, is their stock old, as the VIW i recieved is batch code c13 for 2013 rather than a 15 dated batch. juice is fine, so im not bothered, just curious.
    I have never heard others mention it before, so although I don't know I would imagine that inventory is fairly quickly moved. Glad to hear this episode was a breeze! Enjoy your merchandise!

FIF are the best sellers that I have ever used. I'm sure that any problems are abberations.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'll bet this one goes more smoothly than the first. That's a very nice Creed by the way.
    forgot to say, I agree Hednic, this is one of the nicest Creeds ive bought recently. perfect for summer!

LOL, just thinking if Royal Mail had delivered/carried these items! It would have had the political correctness Health & Safety goons having heart attacks - matches? perfume?
    Currently wearing: Aramis by Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    LOL, just thinking if Royal Mail had delivered/carried these items! It would have had the political correctness Health & Safety goons having heart attacks - matches? perfume?
    royal mail DO deliver this! You just made me realise the complete farce that is Royal Mails rules and regulations! Matches and Flammable liquids! Great spotting Rum, just shows that the rules they have imposed are utter tosh, designed to make more money out of everyone for restrictive licences and specialist shipping.

as yet, the matches havent taken it upon themselves to strike spontaneously, and the Perfumes have had little desire to open and pour themselves out into a perfect Stoichal volume for flammability. perhaps Royal Mail have been trained by the staff at Terry Pratchets Going Postal service!