Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud or Bond New York Oud or Zegna Indonesian Oud

I liked the Kurkdjian Satin Mood Oud scent, but at $300 for 1.7 ounces, probably where I draw the line. So I want to revisit Oud. Creed Royal Oud on me does not play well, it goes to a skin scent at three hours. I am thinking of revisiting Bonds New York Oud or Acqua di Parma's Colonia Oud. but can't remember what they smell like ,though the Bond has plum and saffron I think and the AdP is more rose and oud. I would prefer a spring to fall scent for this one. Help?

I edited this to toss in Zegna Indonesian Oud as I read it is rose and oud. Id also consider Javanese Patchouli if I can wear it summer, as I wear Coromandel almost every day from November to March
    Last edited by finsfan; 9th June 2015 at 06:34 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud or Bond New York Oud

Of the two I'd go with the former although personally not especially fond of either. To me the ADP smells better.

Since adding the third option to the thread title, I'd now go with the Zegna by far over the other two
    Last edited by hednic; 9th June 2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The ADP is a super unique leather saddlebag type of oud, very dry. It a a tiny touch of zest, maybe citrus. I absolutely love this stuff. Lasts LOOONG!

The Bon is just as amazing, but very different. Powerful rose, plummy, with a bit of medicinal oud in the back. This stuff is so strong it will melt paint. Yet I get nice compliments every time.

Each serves a different purpose, but both are wonderful!

I have both and the ADP wins for me, as stated above, it is so unique!

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud or Bond New York Oud or Zegna Indonesian Oud

ADP Oud all the way.

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud or Bond New York Oud or Zegna Indonesian Oud

ADP Colonia Oud. Really like this one.

yep, i think the majority has spoken! ADP oud concentree is a stunner. has a deeper scent than creeds royal oud, and a longevity only rivalled by Amouage Epic man and Nasomatto Black Afgano.

plus, it makes an amazing base layer with serge lutens bois vanille ober the top! try it!

The Zegna dominates the other two. Bond's offering smells cheap, and the ADP Oud is too strong and cloying. I've polled a few women on their opinions of ADP Oud and every one hated it.

Love and own both Colonia Oud and Indonesian Oud.
    I do recall liking New York Oud, but the plum killed it for me. That and the signature plastic like notes Bond uses.
    When I got a chance to try the Zegna it reminded me of the Bond without the plum.
    Longevity was not an issue on any of those 3. As far as Javanese Patchouli, it can be worn all year. One of Zegna's best.

all three, man, just do it a la Hednic!

The zegna is so smooth,a favorite .

Adding in the Zegna now, which I love to pieces and own as well....another very unique perfume. I think it falls to just one step behind the ADP for me. My brother in law would probably punch me if he knew I didn't say it's my #1 because he loves it to bits. I made him a 15ML decant months ago, and he still has plenty!

Performance is on overdrive with all 3! Greet value. Especially the Zegna.

Sound Scents

I am not a seasons guy... All I can say is Javanese Patchouli is my favorite smelling of those listed by a considerable margin, followed by the other Zegna (also excellent), Indonesian Oud.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
    Currently wearing: JHL by Aramis

It appears that the two Zegnas would rock, and then the ADP Oud.

I am down to this list to pick two

Terre D' Hermes DT
    Zegna Javanese Patchouli
    Zenga Indonesian Oud
    Acqua Di Parma Oud
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Acqua di Parma Essenza

Thinking the Terre has to be in there and then one of the Zegnas.

Think the Zegna has to be the second bottle. Wondering which one projects more and would be a more versatile fragrance. From the descriptions they both are. I have a Rose scent in MFK Lumiere Noire and a patchouli in Coromandel. But maybe the patch in the zegna is so different?
    Last edited by finsfan; 10th June 2015 at 03:45 PM.

I'd pick the 2 Zegnas. I prefer Javanese Patchouli to Coromandel as a matter of personal style.

Oud Imperial by Perris Monte Carlo is a great alternative to MFK Oud Mood collection. It costs about 100$ / 100ml. The performance is outstanding.

Is anyone out there willing to provide a decant of Zegna Indonesian Oud?

As for the OP, I cant comment on the Zegna, but between NY Oud and AdP Oud, I would go with AdP, as it is way more maculine. NY Oud is pretty squarely feminine.

Oud Acqua di Parma ...so sensual

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post

Id also consider Javanese Patchouli if I can wear it summer
    I do so you can.