Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Is Creed Winsor/Royal Mayfair......???

Hello,

Life is typically known as reality; Filled with hilarious times and darker moments. I have a sister who is in the later phases of stage 4cancer. It sucks; however on the brighter side the suffering will be complete along with good memories cherished.

I would like to know does anyone know if Creed Windsor is appropriate for a funeral service?

Answers of Yes or No are accepted... but if you have any thoughts feel free to share. Honestly I was contemplating wearing no fragrance, but if I do wear one it will be from Creed.
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

Default Re: Is Creed Winsor/Royal Mayfair......???

Quote Originally Posted by FreshSmell View Post
    Hello,

Life is typically known as reality; Filled with hilarious times and darker moments. I have a sister who is in the later phases of stage 4cancer. It sucks; however on the brighter side the suffering will be complete along with good memories cherished.

I would like to know does anyone know if Creed Windsor is appropriate for a funeral service?

Answers of Yes or No are accepted... but if you have any thoughts feel free to share. Honestly I was contemplating wearing no fragrance, but if I do wear one it will be from Creed.
    Sorry to hear of this.
    Fragrance is the last thing I would be thinking about if my sibling were terminally ill.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective
    Latest Review: Issey Miyake - L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Summer 2014

My Sales Thread - FB's For Sale: Hermes - Bel Ami - Updated 06/29

Do you want to associate that scent with that occasion?

I am of the opinion that funerals are a time for reflection, not distraction. Accessories like fragrance and watches are unnecessary. Focus on the event and conversation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Sorry to hear of this.
    Fragrance is the last thing I would be thinking about if my sibling were terminally ill.
    With that being said, fragrance just happens to become an out reach when times are that much tougher....

By the way thanks for you opinion. I'm just looking for a suggestion that's parallel with my original post.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    Do you want to associate that scent with that occasion?

I am of the opinion that funerals are a time for reflection, not distraction. Accessories like fragrance and watches are unnecessary. Focus on the event and conversation.
    Fragrances never served as a distraction for me; although you are indeed entitled to you opinion. Thanks anyhow.
    By the way she always enjoyed that characteristic trait of mine which were wearing good fragrances. I feel the ceremony is to give back to what she enjoyed.

So sorry to hear the news .

Windsor would be an excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshSmell View Post

I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. Honestly if I were in the same situation I wouldn't wear anything. However, I am not in that situation and therfore in no position to tell anyone what to wear or not to the funeral of a loved one. Do what you feel is right. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Do what you feel is right.
    No better advice than this IMO. It's an entirely personal choice. From what you've said, it sounds as if wearing one of your best, most cherished fragrances might in this instance be a personal way of honouring your loved one. Follow your feelings.

My best wishes at this difficult time.

My thoughts and condolences to you and your family. If you feel a scent is appropriate then you should of course go ahead and wear one. I think Windsor is a great choice.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.