Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    Basenotes Plus
    yarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    God's own Country - Yorkshire
    Posts
    984

    Default What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Long story short, my Cousin lives in Abu Dhabi and he is aware of my perfume addiction and has asked if there is anything that I would like bringing back when he next comes home.

    I would appreciate any thoughts on houses that are pretty unique to the Abu Dhabi area as I would like to take the opportunity to have something brought over

    I am not looking at things that can be bought in Europe as well as Abu Dhabi (Amouage, Mancera etc.) but more looking for something that can only normally be found out there (if there is such a thing)

    Whatever purchases I make are going to be blind which isn't a massive problem as I have a pretty wide range of tastes

    I had thought about looking at various attars but wouldn't really know where to start?

    Any advice would be appreciated

    Cheers
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

  2. #2

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Some good pure oud oil & oil blends will be what I'd suggest - they are the best out there & it doesn't make sense to buying spray perfumes, when their best sellers are the oils. As to which one to buy - I'd ask suggestions from either noggs or hedonist222 - both have great knowledge on these...

  3. #3
    Basenotes Junkie Scarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Abdul Samad Al Quarashi?

    I guess you can buy those online too, but they do have a store in the large mall there. Yas perfumes are also on the same floor. Should be plenty to check out before buying.

    edit: Oh, I thought you were travelling there.
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus
    yarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    God's own Country - Yorkshire
    Posts
    984

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Some good pure oud oil & oil blends will be what I'd suggest - they are the best out there & it doesn't make sense to buying spray perfumes, when their best sellers are the oils. As to which one to buy - I'd ask suggestions from either noggs or hedonist222 - both have great knowledge on these...
    I was hoping that either noggs or hedonist222 would comment as I know that they are more than up to speed on what can be obtained in Abu Dhabi

    I am almost asking the sort of question that sometimes annoys me on these boards - 'please tell me what to buy' - but in this instance it is totally blind and my knowledge of oud oil and blends is pretty minimal
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

  5. #5

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by yarn View Post
    I was hoping that either noggs or hedonist222 would comment as I know that they are more than up to speed on what can be obtained in Abu Dhabi

    I am almost asking the sort of question that sometimes annoys me on these boards - 'please tell me what to buy' - but in this instance it is totally blind and my knowledge of oud oil and blends is pretty minimal
    I requested hedo to buy me oud oil of his choice prob last yr; he did so, I think it was in the low 300 range which is the starting point for decent oils; but it worked very well for me...But as u'r cousin might be the one buying, our oud experts might have to throw some names in...

    U might want to jump into this long running oud thread for names too - u got quite a few members there with great experience.

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...thread/page350

  6. #6

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    If I may suggest, with u being in God's own country - get 6ml sizes of a few oils, some barnyardish, some blends etc - will give u variety; as well, being in UK (or any other western countries), a daub of the wand should keep u going for 24hrs, so 6ml will last more than a yr. Applying too much might cause other people around u to leave God's own country

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus
    yarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    God's own Country - Yorkshire
    Posts
    984

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    If I may suggest, with u being in God's own country - get 6ml sizes of a few oils, some barnyardish, some blends etc - will give u variety; as well, being in UK (or any other western countries), a daub of the wand should keep u going for 24hrs, so 6ml will last more than a yr. Applying too much might cause other people around u to leave God's own country
    Funny you should say that - I bought 3 x 0.3ml of pure oud oil a couple of weeks ago and nearly made a work colleague throw up - I quite like it!

    (thanks for the Oud thread link)
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

  8. #8

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Oud oil
    Oud wood

    From ajmal or Abdul samad

    Anything less than $400 per tola of oil is not very worth it...

    Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    If I may suggest, with u being in God's own country - get 6ml sizes of a few oils, some barnyardish, some blends etc - will give u variety; as well, being in UK (or any other western countries), a daub of the wand should keep u going for 24hrs, so 6ml will last more than a yr. Applying too much might cause other people around u to leave God's own country

    Aray, God's own country is kerala, not abu dhabi .
    for swap/sale:



  9. #9
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,765

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Intriguing answers, to questions I'd been wondering about myself.
    My wife might be annoyed with me when I start going into stores to try test some later this year, on our day trip to Abu Dhabi.
    She just wants to see the sights.
    Regards,
    Renato

  10. #10
    Super Member hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    As me living here in Dubai, would suggest for you to get from these houses:

    1. Abdul Samad Al Qureshi
    2. Ajmal
    3. Rasasi
    4. Bramble (it is in Dubai only right now as per my information) but it is worthy to test.

    Rest, you can tell him your taste / fav notes so that he may pick the right things from these houses.

    Wish you best of luck.

  11. #11
    Basenotes Plus
    mixerscent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Yarn, I would recommend a few from ASAQ:
    Crassna Aoud 25 years old - deep, dark, salty, sweet and delicious oud
    Sweet Blue Amber - ambergris solifore that can be used on it's own, or combined with other fragrances and oils to amplify and as a fixative

    there is also a new brand called AJ Arabia from Abu Dhabi being sold at Roja's Parfumerie in Harrods, not much info on this one as of yet
    http://www.ajarabia.com/en/index.php
    Last edited by mixerscent; 17th June 2015 at 10:11 PM.

  12. #12
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    107,816

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    How about "The Night" by Frederic Malle? Isn't that only supposed to be available in the Middle East? Or am I mistaken?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  13. #13

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    As me living here in Dubai, would suggest for you to get from these houses:

    1. Abdul Samad Al Qureshi
    2. Ajmal
    3. Rasasi
    4. Bramble (it is in Dubai only right now as per my information) but it is worthy to test.

    Rest, you can tell him your taste / fav notes so that he may pick the right things from these houses.

    Wish you best of luck.
    Hey hitman, I'm in Dubai on holidays, do you suggest a mall that might be cheaper than Dubai mall or mall of Emirates when it comes to fragrance shopping? (Designer/niche fragrances) I've been buying from Paris gallery and debenhams but they're more expensive than back home

    To the OP I would suggest the following as they're not only low risk as far as price but also quite nice

    All from Rasasi

    1. Al Wisam day - a nicer version of SMW
    2. Egra - A GIT clone
    3. Tasmeem - A much nicer version of CH 212 Sexy (no body odour note)

    And each bottle is only 50 dirhams which is like $15

    I've been trying a lot of the local products here and these were the only 3 I liked

    I used to like Daarej too, but I get sick of it very quickly, however it is a nice fragrance too, I just find it less wearable than the others, although it's probably the longest lasting and again just $15 a bottle for a unique fragrance
    My top 20

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Creed Aventus / Mancera Cedrat Boise
    3. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One
    4. Dior Homme Cologne / ADG Essenza
    5. YSL La Nuit / Boss Bottled Intense
    6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT
    7. Viktor & Rolf Antidote / Creed Virgin Island Water
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense
    9. Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule / Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend
    10. Gucci Rush / YSL M7
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

  14. #14

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Aray, God's own country is kerala, not abu dhabi .
    I've absolutely lost my sleep now, after reading this

  15. #15
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,765

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Envy View Post
    Hey hitman, I'm in Dubai on holidays, do you suggest a mall that might be cheaper than Dubai mall or mall of Emirates when it comes to fragrance shopping? (Designer/niche fragrances) I've been buying from Paris gallery and debenhams but they're more expensive than back home

    To the OP I would suggest the following as they're not only low risk as far as price but also quite nice

    All from Rasasi

    1. Al Wisam day - a nicer version of SMW
    2. Egra - A GIT clone
    3. Tasmeem - A much nicer version of CH 212 Sexy (no body odour note)

    And each bottle is only 50 dirhams which is like $15

    I've been trying a lot of the local products here and these were the only 3 I liked

    I used to like Daarej too, but I get sick of it very quickly, however it is a nice fragrance too, I just find it less wearable than the others, although it's probably the longest lasting and again just $15 a bottle for a unique fragrance
    Last time I was in Dubai nearly two years ago, we walked from the middle southern Gold Souk entrance down to Baniyas square. A couple of blocks down from that Gold Souk on the left hand side, was a smallish store that sold Creeds, niche and designer scents and all sorts of Arabian scents. The shop was pretty crowded that night. Sorry I can't be more specific.

    Also, the prices for scents in the Dubai airport departure area were often about 15 to 20% cheaper than some of the big mall I visited, though the range of Arabian scents wasn't as great.
    Regards,
    Renato

  16. #16

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Last time I was in Dubai nearly two years ago, we walked from the middle southern Gold Souk entrance down to Baniyas square. A couple of blocks down from that Gold Souk on the left hand side, was a smallish store that sold Creeds, niche and designer scents and all sorts of Arabian scents. The shop was pretty crowded that night. Sorry I can't be more specific.

    Also, the prices for scents in the Dubai airport departure area were often about 15 to 20% cheaper than some of the big mall I visited, though the range of Arabian scents wasn't as great.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Thanks, I've been thinking I might wait till I get to the airport to buy the rest of my stuff, the only thing is when I buy from the department stores I talk/flirt my way into a bunch of freebies, so it will probably even out
    My top 20

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Creed Aventus / Mancera Cedrat Boise
    3. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One
    4. Dior Homme Cologne / ADG Essenza
    5. YSL La Nuit / Boss Bottled Intense
    6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT
    7. Viktor & Rolf Antidote / Creed Virgin Island Water
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense
    9. Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule / Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend
    10. Gucci Rush / YSL M7
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

  17. #17
    Super Member hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Envy View Post
    Hey hitman, I'm in Dubai on holidays, do you suggest a mall that might be cheaper than Dubai mall or mall of Emirates when it comes to fragrance shopping? (Designer/niche fragrances) I've been buying from Paris gallery and debenhams but they're more expensive than back home

    To the OP I would suggest the following as they're not only low risk as far as price but also quite nice

    All from Rasasi

    1. Al Wisam day - a nicer version of SMW
    2. Egra - A GIT clone
    3. Tasmeem - A much nicer version of CH 212 Sexy (no body odour note)

    And each bottle is only 50 dirhams which is like $15

    I've been trying a lot of the local products here and these were the only 3 I liked

    I used to like Daarej too, but I get sick of it very quickly, however it is a nice fragrance too, I just find it less wearable than the others, although it's probably the longest lasting and again just $15 a bottle for a unique fragrance

    The first and very obvious point is.....Dubai is never cheaper, my friend! but yes, there are some malls/points/shops where we can try the luck. For me, I have some links working as SA and usually I do get the help from them to pick the items on SA's discount rate (the discount they get if they purchase for personal use). Anyhow, there are some shops/malls as well as followings:

    1. If you are trying to get oils or woods of Oud, Amber and other 'Arabic' traditional fragrances, I would suggest to visit "Murshad Souq" Deira. Many shops are there to help you.
    2. If you are looking for Rasasi, Ajmal, ASAQ etc, if would suggest to visit Deira City Center or their local outlets across Dubai.
    3. If you are looking for designers/niche based fragrances from their original store, and dont want to try them in Dubai Mall, many of them you will find in Burjuman Center (many are there including my newly favorite "Bramble").
    4. For me, I usually pay visit to some stores in Deira (for example, Nasir Square - "intercity perfumes") to get designers (and very few niche) at good rate
    5. The last options are the malls, where promotions usually going on always to get them at good price. Niche you will not get common but inside the malls (like Dubai Mall etc.). Fredrick Malle is only available in Harvey Nichols in Mall of the Emirates (which is costly, but a good point to get all at single place)

    Wish you best of luck.

  18. #18
    Super Member hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    How about "The Night" by Frederic Malle? Isn't that only supposed to be available in the Middle East? Or am I mistaken?
    Available at Fredric Malle - Harvey Nichlos - Mall of Emirates only.

  19. #19

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Available at Fredric Malle - Harvey Nichlos - Mall of Emirates only.
    I saw it there today on display but didn't try it, the staff at Harvey Nichols are overly pushy
    My top 20

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Creed Aventus / Mancera Cedrat Boise
    3. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One
    4. Dior Homme Cologne / ADG Essenza
    5. YSL La Nuit / Boss Bottled Intense
    6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT
    7. Viktor & Rolf Antidote / Creed Virgin Island Water
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense
    9. Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule / Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend
    10. Gucci Rush / YSL M7
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

  20. #20
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    107,816

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Available at Fredric Malle - Harvey Nichlos - Mall of Emirates only.
    That's what I thought. That's where I believe my son got it for me. Thanks for clarifying.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  21. #21

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    The first and very obvious point is.....Dubai is never cheaper, my friend! but yes, there are some malls/points/shops where we can try the luck. For me, I have some links working as SA and usually I do get the help from them to pick the items on SA's discount rate (the discount they get if they purchase for personal use). Anyhow, there are some shops/malls as well as followings:

    1. If you are trying to get oils or woods of Oud, Amber and other 'Arabic' traditional fragrances, I would suggest to visit "Murshad Souq" Deira. Many shops are there to help you.
    2. If you are looking for Rasasi, Ajmal, ASAQ etc, if would suggest to visit Deira City Center or their local outlets across Dubai.
    3. If you are looking for designers/niche based fragrances from their original store, and dont want to try them in Dubai Mall, many of them you will find in Burjuman Center (many are there including my newly favorite "Bramble").
    4. For me, I usually pay visit to some stores in Deira (for example, Nasir Square - "intercity perfumes") to get designers (and very few niche) at good rate
    5. The last options are the malls, where promotions usually going on always to get them at good price. Niche you will not get common but inside the malls (like Dubai Mall etc.). Fredrick Malle is only available in Harvey Nichols in Mall of the Emirates (which is costly, but a good point to get all at single place)

    Wish you best of luck.
    Thank you so much for your detailed response

    I'm really just after designer brands and a few that fall into niche

    I was planning to check out Burjaman next week.

    With the intercity perfumes, are you able to advise which metro stop is the closest? Thanks again
    My top 20

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Creed Aventus / Mancera Cedrat Boise
    3. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One
    4. Dior Homme Cologne / ADG Essenza
    5. YSL La Nuit / Boss Bottled Intense
    6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT
    7. Viktor & Rolf Antidote / Creed Virgin Island Water
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense
    9. Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule / Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend
    10. Gucci Rush / YSL M7
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

  22. #22
    Basenotes Plus
    yarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    God's own Country - Yorkshire
    Posts
    984

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    The first and very obvious point is.....Dubai is never cheaper, my friend! but yes, there are some malls/points/shops where we can try the luck. For me, I have some links working as SA and usually I do get the help from them to pick the items on SA's discount rate (the discount they get if they purchase for personal use). Anyhow, there are some shops/malls as well as followings:

    1. If you are trying to get oils or woods of Oud, Amber and other 'Arabic' traditional fragrances, I would suggest to visit "Murshad Souq" Deira. Many shops are there to help you.
    2. If you are looking for Rasasi, Ajmal, ASAQ etc, if would suggest to visit Deira City Center or their local outlets across Dubai.
    3. If you are looking for designers/niche based fragrances from their original store, and dont want to try them in Dubai Mall, many of them you will find in Burjuman Center (many are there including my newly favorite "Bramble").
    4. For me, I usually pay visit to some stores in Deira (for example, Nasir Square - "intercity perfumes") to get designers (and very few niche) at good rate
    5. The last options are the malls, where promotions usually going on always to get them at good price. Niche you will not get common but inside the malls (like Dubai Mall etc.). Fredrick Malle is only available in Harvey Nichols in Mall of the Emirates (which is costly, but a good point to get all at single place)

    Wish you best of luck.
    Thanks for the information hitman - really appreciate your input
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

  23. #23

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Hitman, you sir are a legend.

    I just got back from Intercity Perfumes.....what a great range, and some decent prices...I was a little concerned with the Creeds I purchased...I was thoroughly inspecting them and will sadly have to continue to do so now online (such an annoying problem to have) BUT the staff were great, didn't mind me trying so many things for over an hour and changing my mind a few times

    Walked out with the following items, and will be going back again this week for a few more I should have just bought tonight...if it wasn't for you I would still be paying mall prices...I just wish I had asked 7 weeks and 30 bottles ago What a waste the amount I paid at the mall compared to this place...what a huge difference!

    IMG_4702.jpg
    My top 20

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Creed Aventus / Mancera Cedrat Boise
    3. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One
    4. Dior Homme Cologne / ADG Essenza
    5. YSL La Nuit / Boss Bottled Intense
    6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT
    7. Viktor & Rolf Antidote / Creed Virgin Island Water
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense
    9. Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule / Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend
    10. Gucci Rush / YSL M7
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

  24. #24
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    107,816

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Envy View Post
    Walked out with the following items, and will be going back again this week for a few more I should have just bought tonight.

    Congrats on this haul! Well done!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  25. #25

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Congrats on this haul! Well done!
    Thank you sir...unfortunately I have a feeling the GIT may be fake....I promised myself to NEVER be one of those people that has to waste time checking if a Creed is fake by not buying from a Creed boutique, but the shop was so big and had so many genuine bottles I figured they wouldn't bother with fakes....sadly I've been reading up on the fakes for the last 30 minutes and I've picked a few things which lead me to believe it is...going to take it into the Creed boutique tomorrow and hopefully they will be willing to assist...what a shame...now to check the Vetiver..what a headache, this is the last time I try to save money (and it wasn't even that much cheaper)
    My top 20

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Creed Aventus / Mancera Cedrat Boise
    3. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One
    4. Dior Homme Cologne / ADG Essenza
    5. YSL La Nuit / Boss Bottled Intense
    6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT
    7. Viktor & Rolf Antidote / Creed Virgin Island Water
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense
    9. Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule / Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend
    10. Gucci Rush / YSL M7
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

  26. #26
    Super Member hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Envy View Post
    Hitman, you sir are a legend.

    I just got back from Intercity Perfumes.....what a great range, and some decent prices...I was a little concerned with the Creeds I purchased...I was thoroughly inspecting them and will sadly have to continue to do so now online (such an annoying problem to have) BUT the staff were great, didn't mind me trying so many things for over an hour and changing my mind a few times

    Walked out with the following items, and will be going back again this week for a few more I should have just bought tonight...if it wasn't for you I would still be paying mall prices...I just wish I had asked 7 weeks and 30 bottles ago What a waste the amount I paid at the mall compared to this place...what a huge difference!

    IMG_4702.jpg

    I am really happy to help you my friend
    Surely, it is a huge difference in fact. In the beginning, I also paid many many extras to the "mall shops" to get the same quality/quantity which now, I use to get by paying almost half.
    I was also doubtful about the "fake-real" thing but I tried intercity perfumes first to make sure and I hope you will enjoy your fantastic purchases.

  27. #27

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Thanks mate, unfortunately the GIT is a fake

    I'm going to take it back tomorrow....

    1. on the bottom of the bottle it says 'CPEED'
    2. There is no Millesime on the front of the box
    3. The Millesime on the back of the box has an ' over the E which it apparently shouldn't
    4. The lot number is printed on the bottom instead of etched and I can actually scratch the top of it off...

    Many other things, can't believe I didn't notice in store, it smelled OK, now I have to go back....have to check the Vetiver too...really hope it's real cause I like the smell
    My top 20

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Creed Aventus / Mancera Cedrat Boise
    3. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One
    4. Dior Homme Cologne / ADG Essenza
    5. YSL La Nuit / Boss Bottled Intense
    6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT
    7. Viktor & Rolf Antidote / Creed Virgin Island Water
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense
    9. Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule / Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend
    10. Gucci Rush / YSL M7
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

  28. #28
    Super Member hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Grrr.... it is really a shame if it is fake they sold you. I have been buying from them since 3 years but didnt have such incident. In any case, it is shameful. Just try to get it returned. Hopefully, you will get the best deal.

  29. #29

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    The other stuff I tried and bought is definitely genuine

    I'm going to take these to the Creed boutique tomorrow to confirm they are fake before I return them, just annoying because the taxi ride there and back will end up costing me enough to buy a bottle *shaking head*...oh well, live and learn...plus it's Ramadan so I can't lose my temper but they better exchange them or else I will let the other customers know what's going on and they will lose business...

    I appreciate the contact anyway, and they have other things like Mancera which I'm sure isn't fake so I'll just swap for a few of those bottles
    My top 20

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Creed Aventus / Mancera Cedrat Boise
    3. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One
    4. Dior Homme Cologne / ADG Essenza
    5. YSL La Nuit / Boss Bottled Intense
    6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT
    7. Viktor & Rolf Antidote / Creed Virgin Island Water
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense
    9. Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule / Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend
    10. Gucci Rush / YSL M7
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

  30. #30

    Default Re: What to buy from Abu Dhabi

    Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Applying too much might cause other people around u to leave God's own country
    😂😁😂

Similar Threads

  1. What's the city exclusive scent at the Abu Dhabi Le Labo boutique?
    By nsamadi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th October 2010, 01:53 AM
  2. Perfume Shopping in Abu Dhabi, UAE Help
    By nsamadi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th February 2007, 08:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000