Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unhappy Re: Avoid Shipment from Germany, Specially First in Fragrance www.ausliebezumduft.de

Quote Originally Posted by pman View Post
    Hi,
    Just wanted to share my experience with fellow Basenotes members.
    I ordered fragrance in excess of 300 USD from www.ausliebezumduft.de, Package was shipped on May 13, I am still chasing DHL and www.ausliebezumduft.de about the status of the package.
    ausliebezumduft keeps on telling me that it will arrive or there is a postal strike in Germany , So they have no clue, DHL is giving me the same answer and saying that it might be stuck in Customs, Result is an agonizing endless wait.
    Did anyone of you guys experience this?
    I bought still life 6/18/15 haven't received it yet. My mistake was I missed a number in the zip code. And DHL returned it back to sender because of that. First in fragrance are telling me they need to wait for the package to return fist then they're going to either return my money or send the product. I'm extremely irritated seems the only response I get is from a "Franzisca" saying that o it's still under investigation the package on the website seems to be in limbo and has been like that from for over two months. Now, I recall buying insurance for the thing yet when I ask to get my money back they just brush me off. I don't know what to do maybe I should send some army buddies to pay them a friendly visit.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Avoid Shipment from Germany, Specially First in Fragrance www.ausliebezumduft.de

Quote Originally Posted by Alexbaca View Post
    I bought still life 6/18/15 haven't received it yet. My mistake was I missed a number in the zip code. And DHL returned it back to sender because of that. First in fragrance are telling me they need to wait for the package to return fist then they're going to either return my money or send the product. I'm extremely irritated seems the only response I get is from a "Franzisca" saying that o it's still under investigation the package on the website seems to be in limbo and has been like that from for over two months. Now, I recall buying insurance for the thing yet when I ask to get my money back they just brush me off. I don't know what to do maybe I should send some army buddies to pay them a friendly visit.
    Can't you have your credit card company charge the cost back to them for non-receipt of the merchandise, and let them deal with the insurance side?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Avoid Shipment from Germany, Specially First in Fragrance www.ausliebezumduft.de

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can't you have your credit card company charge the cost back to them for non-receipt of the merchandise, and let them deal with the insurance side?
    That's a great idea. I will call my bank to see what we can do. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexbaca View Post
    That's a great idea. I will call my bank to see what we can do. Thank you!
    Let us know how it turns out for you.

-
    Last edited by hednic; 19th September 2015 at 12:58 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Is the OP still waiting for his order to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Creedfanboy View Post
    Is the OP still waiting for his order to arrive?
    I think he must have received it by now.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

I hope this helps future purchasers from FIF I just received my package 9 days from Dec 19 through today Dec 28th. I may have received good fortune as my packaged routed through Miami customs which tend to be quicker to my home address.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I hope this helps future purchasers from FIF I just received my package 9 days from Dec 19 through today Dec 28th. I may have received good fortune as my packaged routed through Miami customs which tend to be quicker to my home address.
    Considering that it was over the holidays - excellent transit time.

Brand new speed record for me from First in Fragrance. Ordered Monday January 30th. DHL Paket arriving tomorrow on Friday, February 3rd !

Placed an order with FIF on 12/28 and finally received 1/31, took a total of 34 days to receive and 2 weeks for package to get out of Germany. A new record for me as well and my last time ordering from Germany...

If I had had to wait that long, I'd look elsewhere also.

If I had had to wait that long, I'd look elsewhere also.
    From what rep told me it was because of a strike at DHL and this has not been the first time. My package wound up being transported by sea to USA. I did question this seller as to why they did not inform me of the strike and offer other options. If I were to order from Germany ever again it certainly would not be with DHL delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
    If I were to order from Germany ever again it certainly would not be with DHL delivery.
    I agree that DHL Paket service is unpredictable. On the other hand, DHL Express is fantastic. I get my packages from ParfuMaria in Holland in two days.

I agree that DHL Paket service is unpredictable. On the other hand, DHL Express is fantastic. I get my packages from ParfuMaria in Holland in two days.
    The cost to ship DHL Paket service for me was over $25 which to me seemed a bit high since another company in Germany sends me same product/service for less than $15. At any rate the wait was worth it for my bottle of Knize Forest...

Old thread but I'm very curious:
    Hednic do you speak German? What other languages do you speak?
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Athena View Post
    Old thread but I'm very curious:
    Hednic do you speak German? What other languages do you speak?
    I speak very little German, only enough to survive. However, I do speak Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Farsi and Kiswahili