Code of Conduct

Default Critical sense and sense of art or ingredients and self-congratulation?

Mental processes of discernment, analysis, and evaluation. Critical sense and sense of art or ingredients and self-congratulation? At home with the artist or the artist's house?

We have to get out of line, to come out of ourselves, out of our wits. Becoming Crazy before critical!

I'm sick of the reviews that speak of ingredients! The Noses, who are artists, they are not robots that assemble ingredients, they are as children playing and creating a world about their own, using only smells!
    The opposite of playing is not what is serious but what is real. The Nose invites us to enter in his fantastic world, in his invented home, he/she doesn’t want us to comment about the wooden door or about the plaster of the house!

One of my first images was THE FOOL (a shot by Luigi Gattinara 2012). The Foll, the Crazy Man, Le Mat, Il Pazzo! My dog is pushing me in search of a lost instinct, in a trip that I can do only leaving the past behind me and starting with a single bundle to live the present, with no expectations for the future! Playing with life!

I have not really relations with criticism. They should be the ones who should be paid to have relations with me. So for them it is a job or should be! In fact I do not see critics in this world, a lot of them are amateur critics, or simple people that may become critical as long as they do it for free! Aberrant!
    Critics, you need money, if there would be persons who want to pay for reading you, for sure!

To understand an artist you need an artist, not a collector of samples in search of easy consensus. Those who write about perfumes live two hours a day, that is two hours stolen from their spare time! And that should be the reason to thank them?

One passion and two hours? In two hours you can not understand what I (as other Noses / Artists) still live hour by hour, all day long.

To understand a Nose it takes another Nose or a real Fool.
    Talk about Noses, talk as you were a Fool! And we will enjoy our niche fantasy world!

Il matto-ok.jpg
    Last edited by Angelo Orazio Pregoni; 22nd June 2015 at 05:08 PM.
    Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù

Default Re: Critical sense and sense of art or ingredients and self-congratulation?

Reviews which speak only of notes can be somewhat soulless, true. A mere rundown of notes can read like a recipe. Although many notes-based reviews do try to give some impression of the human experience of wearing it too. OTOH, some reviews are so fanciful they may be undecipherable.

I like reviews which combine elements of fact and fancy, and thoughtful, well-considered reviews in any style.

Number of sprays N = {(6-L)x(7-P)}/2 (where L = longevity and P = projection, on a scale of 1-5).

Default Re: Critical sense and sense of art or ingredients and self-congratulation?

There are different types of reviewers/styles, they all can work for different people. My favourite reviewer here is pretty much Way Off Scenter. Even though he gave a neutral to Guerlain Vetiver and a thumbs up to Tommy Girl. So nobody can be trusted entirely and the use of one's own nose is necessary.

Without hype created by reviewers a lot of art would, rightly or wrongly so, go unnoticed.
    Last edited by Rüssel; 23rd June 2015 at 07:50 PM.

Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù