Code of Conduct
Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2245

Default Re: Post your pic and other posters will pick a fragrance you look like you'd wear

FF1B6DBD-5F24-4921-A3B7-8492A09702C9.jpgB7042343-210D-40B7-A8D3-3D90F794EDE5.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Those, I shall look up.

I owned and wore that years ago. It was great, on My skin! If, you're talkin' vintage???
    I bought my bottle in 2012, so this isn’t “true vintage.” I then hunted down a sample of vintage juice about a year later and I’d be lying if I could tell the difference... Trust me, if there was, I would have hunted down a vintage bottle

Here are a couple of pics of my bottle and box. If you see this version, I wouldn’t hesitate to snag it!
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Post your pic and other posters will pick a fragrance you look like you'd wear

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Fahrenheit for signature scent, or alternatively Burberry's aka Burberry vintage. (not unreasonably expensive for a vintage, and smells world's better than current formulation)

Acqua di Selva for quick, out of shower, casual, around the house, running errands etc, fragrance (super cheap too)

Deauville for dressier, perhaps date night sort of affairs

Honorable mention: Tom Ford Noir Anthracite: Actually just tried this today, and it is a good one. A sort of macho, but modernized masculine. Super masculine really. Kind of what Dark Rebel is to John Varvatos. Heavy on the leather here, dark, strong, projects well, but not in your face. Has Tom Ford quality. Overall, not exactly unique in any way, reminds me of a mix od several different 80s frags, but it is unique in the sense that it was made only 2 years ago. This could be a great signature fragrance for any man over the age of 50, who is confident.
    I wore Fahrenheit, back, when it first came out. Burberry, I sprayed on him, the few samples I've had. He curled his nose. I should've mentioned, this man of mine, is SO peculiar with scents, that he'll wear. Basically, only around me, and, only to please ME! He seems to like dark orientals, not too sweet, with creosote type notes. I will actually spray his neck on occasion, with something I think he may tolerate, and he caves in, to the experience.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...

He seems to like dark orientals, not too sweet, with creosote type notes. I will actually spray his neck on occasion, with something I think he may tolerate, and he caves in, to the experience.
    Hiram Green Hyde
    Papillon Anubis
    CdG Black
    November rotation - incense and smoke : Penhaligon's Elixir; CdG Avignon, Zagorsk; Piguet Casbah; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Etro Shaal Nur, Messe de Minuit; Odin 07 Tanoke; Unum LAVS, Io Non Ho Mani; Heeley Cardinal, Eau Sacree; Anatole Lebreton Grimoire; Tom Daxon Resin Sacra; Tauer Incense Extreme
    Currently wearing: Casbah by Robert Piguet

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    +1 TF Noir Anthracite
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Tauer Lonestar Memories
    Jacomo de Jacomo
    I've been curious about Anthracite, for myself, actually. Tauer, he likes - about all I've tried. I had some mini bottles of Jacomo decades ago - forget their smells / aromas..

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    FF1B6DBD-5F24-4921-A3B7-8492A09702C9.jpgB7042343-210D-40B7-A8D3-3D90F794EDE5.jpg

I bought my bottle in 2012, so this isn’t “true vintage.” I then hunted down a sample of vintage juice about a year later and I’d be lying if I could tell the difference... Trust me, if there was, I would have hunted down a vintage bottle

Here are a couple of pics of my bottle and box. If you see this version, I wouldn’t hesitate to snag it!
    The bottle of Montana for men, I owned, I purchased back in the early 1990's. I split wearing it, back then, With my then, boyfriend. He was one of those guys who, could not understand how a Woman enjoyed wearing men's fragrances. Obviously, we aren't together anymore.

Attachment 110509

What, would my husband wear???
    Varvatos Dark Rebel Rider
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    Hiram Green Hyde
    Papillon Anubis
    CdG Black
    Anubis was too pungent for him.

I'll take note of your other suggestions!

I've been curious about Anthracite, for myself, actually. Tauer, he likes - about all I've tried. I had some mini bottles of Jacomo decades ago - forget their smells / aromas..
    Jacomo de Jacomo is the gothic smoky dry fougere clovefest

ETA : Hyde weaves between being very birch tar and something softer. The to and fro is interesting. If he likes Lonestar Memories, he might enjoy Hyde
    November rotation - incense and smoke : Penhaligon's Elixir; CdG Avignon, Zagorsk; Piguet Casbah; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Etro Shaal Nur, Messe de Minuit; Odin 07 Tanoke; Unum LAVS, Io Non Ho Mani; Heeley Cardinal, Eau Sacree; Anatole Lebreton Grimoire; Tom Daxon Resin Sacra; Tauer Incense Extreme
    Currently wearing: Casbah by Robert Piguet

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    Varvatos Dark Rebel Rider
    I've been curious of this house, for myself, actually. May have to investigate. Thank you!

Blog Entries

I wore Fahrenheit, back, when it first came out. Burberry, I sprayed on him, the few samples I've had. He curled his nose. I should've mentioned, this man of mine, is SO peculiar with scents, that he'll wear. Basically, only around me, and, only to please ME! He seems to like dark orientals, not too sweet, with creosote type notes. I will actually spray his neck on occasion, with something I think he may tolerate, and he caves in, to the experience.
    I can see nose curling for Burberry, but what it Burberry's? They are 2 very different fragrances. The Burberry's one wasn't on the market very long before the name switched. It has been called Burberry for a while now. While the original Burberry's has a unique tart blueberry note in the opening, and a sandalwood dry down. again, completely different fragrances. The current Burberry is chemical warfare, it would make any nose curl.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Castile by Penhaligon's

Attachment 110509

I'm feeling...

Rive Gauche
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Montale Aoud Lime
    "I'm sure there are things that you like that someone else here dislikes."
    papillo
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

I can see nose curling for Burberry, but what it Burberry's? They are 2 very different fragrances. The Burberry's one wasn't on the market very long before the name switched. It has been called Burberry for a while now. While the original Burberry's has a unique tart blueberry note in the opening, and a sandalwood dry down. again, completely different fragrances. The current Burberry is chemical warfare, it would make any nose curl.
    Burberry London for Men did not make him feel all warm and fuzzy - however, he likes it on me. And I, happen to love wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Krycek View Post
    I'm feeling...

Rive Gauche
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Montale Aoud Lime
    Rive Gauche? Never smelled the Men's version. Isn't it, hard to find?

Chanel Pour Monsieur is a possibility if I can find a sample.

Chris, doesn't care for Montale. On me, he can tolerate, after a brief sneeze-fest. They make him sneeze for some reason. The man has to endure diesel exhaust all day long, as a locomotive engineer - his nose is very sensitive...

Rive Gauche? Never smelled the Men's version. Isn't it, hard to find?
    I understand that there's now a glass-bottle version available. People seem to feel that it's similar to the presently expensive/hard-to-find tin can version.
    "I'm sure there are things that you like that someone else here dislikes."
    papillo
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

HouseofPhlegathon-

Sartorial by Penhaligon’s may be worth a sample as is Encre Noir Sport by Lalique. I actually find the Sport to be an easier and more versatile wear than the original. Plus, it’s cheap as chips!!! You can usually find it for $30 or less on discounters websites.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

a quarter million, tops

Attachment 110509

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Blog Entries

Burberry London for Men did not make him feel all warm and fuzzy - however, he likes it on me. And I, happen to love wearing it.
    No. Not London, not Burberry. "Burberry's".

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Krycek View Post
    I understand that there's now a glass-bottle version available. People seem to feel that it's similar to the presently expensive/hard-to-find tin can version.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    HouseofPhlegathon-

Sartorial by Penhaligon’s may be worth a sample as is Encre Noir Sport by Lalique. I actually find the Sport to be an easier and more versatile wear than the original. Plus, it’s cheap as chips!!! You can usually find it for $30 or less on discounters websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Tom Ford Noir Anthracite
    I've jotted down most of these suggestions. If I can find samples, I'll talk him into trying. Thanks, all!

No. Not London, not Burberry. "Burberry's".
    Okay. I believe I'll avoid seeking out anything discontinued though.

I'm new here, so I suppose I should get in on this. Here's one of me trying on hats at REI a few days ago.

me-hat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by philosophe View Post
    I'm new here, so I suppose I should get in on this. Here's one of me trying on hats at REI a few days ago.

me-hat.jpg
    Norne Slumberhouse dude

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

me-hat.jpg
    For you, I'd say Cuir Curcuma by Afinessence
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Never heard of Norne or Cuir Curcuma, but based on the notes I think I'd love them. The first looks like it smells like an alpine forest, but I don't know what 'fog caked needle' means lol. I also love leather fragrances.

This is fun! I wonder if I'd posted a picture of me in a suit or at the beach what my recommendations would be.

me-hat.jpg
    Duc de Vervins l'Extreme

Blog Entries

me-hat.jpg
    Whoa dude, I thought your beard was a furry tie for a second, I had to do a double take. I like your look, similar to mine, except my beard will never be that epic. For you I think the perfect fragrance is L'Air du Desert Marocain. If that were your signature fragrance, you would also need something for warmer climate. For that I would choose Guerlain Vetiver. Green, clean, sophisticated, refined. With an honorable mention for Mugler Cologne, if you don't like vetiver as much, but still like soapy, green, and clean. Ideally I think LdDM has YOU written all over it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Battlestations View Post
    Voyage d'Hermes EDT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    Jaguar Pace to the gym
    Bond No 9 Bleeker Street casually/to office
    Allure Homme Sport Extreme on date nights

Jaguar Pace to the gym
    Bond No 9 Bleeker Street casually/to office
    Allure Homme Sport Extreme on date nights
    Lol
    I like wearing Paco Rabanne PH in the gym, or DunHill Desire red /Joop..
    I'm not actually a doctor lol but at work I wear as a bartender . Versace Dreamer , Havana, AZZARO PH / Devin Armais
    Night with the ladies defiantly Chanel Allure Homme / Ysl LaNuit LHomme// Tsar Van Cleef

Whoa dude, I thought your beard was a furry tie for a second, I had to do a double take. I like your look, similar to mine, except my beard will never be that epic. For you I think the perfect fragrance is L'Air du Desert Marocain. If that were your signature fragrance, you would also need something for warmer climate. For that I would choose Guerlain Vetiver. Green, clean, sophisticated, refined. With an honorable mention for Mugler Cologne, if you don't like vetiver as much, but still like soapy, green, and clean. Ideally I think LdDM has YOU written all over it.
    Both look interesting. The only thing I'd be wary of in the LAdDM is cumin. Not a huge fan. Never tried Guerlain Vetiver but I do love vetiver generally. Terre d'Hermes (and the Eau Intense Vetiver) is my favorite vetiver fragrance, so if it is a similar vibe, I'd probably enjoy it.

Duc de Vervins l'Extreme
    Looks like a good fragrance but I'm not much of a lavender fan.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Again, it's interesting what people are suggesting vs. what I expected them to. Maybe I will post some additional pictures and see if my tastes come through better lol. I'd say so far, the Norne suggestion is the one that excited me most.

This should be fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    The Night by Frederic Malle for you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast