Code of Conduct

Default Soaps / Shower Gels - Currently Using, Favourites, Purchases, etc.

I've just unwrapped a bar of Carnation scented goats milk soap by Aussie e-tailer Platypus Dreams. Also, I recently placed an order for some more Le Sérail Antique Savon de Marseille Olive Oil soap, Tadé Aleppo soap & Tadé Red Clay Black soap. Other soaps currently in use are a couple more goats milk soaps - one sandalwood & the other is peppermint & vanilla.
    Currently wearing: Iris by Crabtree & Evelyn

Default Re: Soaps / Shower Gels - Currently Using, Favourites, Purchases, etc.

I recently bought from the Belfast Soap Company goat's milk and lavender, also one of their licorice soaps. Both smell amazing. All vegtal and handmade.

We have a Christmas market and each year a guy comes from France with wonderful soaps again all vegral, they are like the L'Occtiane bath size shea butter soaps but much cheaper. I buy the Asses Milk(yes real asses' milk is used), goat's milk and lavender.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Martin de Candre for bath soaps. Erno Laszlo facial soaps are very good.

Donna, I love handmade soaps too. They have wonderful moisturising properties.

My son just requested his favourite soap for the hand basin, it's another handmade goats milk soap by Platypus Dreams in the scent of Lavender Mint. It's an essential oil soap & I've just unwrapped it for him this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Today, I went with a shower gel to match my perfume - Ren Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Wash. The perfume is Loukhoum eau Poudree.

Yay, a soap thread! There seem to be different brands available in different countries and I love reading about the ones in other places. They sound wonderful. Goatsmilk soap does seem to have hydrating properties and I'll bet the asses' milk soap does too. Le Sérail savon de Marseille has been available here and I used to buy it, a very good brand. It is hard to find Marseille soap still made with the original simple ingredients, basically olive and/or palm oil and lye. Today they almost all seem to be made with commercial soap bases and do not have the same aging properties. Whenever I do find authentic ones I grab them.

Now using Savon d'Alep for bath and Crabtree & Evelyn Lily soap at the washbasin. The latter makes the whole bathroom smell good. Same for the matching body lotion, which is excellent and true to the Lily scent.

There is a local "green" store that carries locally made soap, which I have not yet gotten around to trying but intend to some time.
    ​"It was foolish if her not to have bought a larger bottle." Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Eau du Coq by Guerlain

Also happy for a soap thread! Nothing good to report at this moment, but looking forward to using up the current bar and trying something new.
    Currently wearing: Amour Amour by Jean Patou

Fiveoaks, for years I thought I didn't like Marseille soap because of the non authentic ones that swamp the marketplace. Love the real deal & Marseille soaps make the best laundry soap for sensitive skin, too.

Leathermountain, do you have any soap favourites?

I have unwrapped a bar of C&E Iris soap for the ensuite handbasin & another goats milk soap for the shower in a soft Creme Brulee scent. It's not a strong scent & plays nice with most of my perfumes.