Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Soaps / Shower Gels - Currently Using, Favourites, Purchases, etc.

I just bought some Rose Jam Shower Gel by Lush

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Diorella by Christian Dior

Italian soaps from T.J. Maxx. Went nuts while I was there. Everyone around me went nuts. Soaps gone. More placed on shelves. Went nuts all over again next day after Grand Opening and the day after that, and the day after the day after that. We’re all soap nuts now.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

In TKMaxx in the UK always loads of French and Italian soaps, never bought as I stock up at the Xmas market from the French Soap Guy.
    DONNA

For Christmas, I have two boxes of double Victoria Swedish soaps saved from last year. This Christmas, I’m looking at seasonal hand soaps from T.J. Maxx, but if I should see a bar (or bars) I like, I will splurge. (Right now, I’m looking at a vintage box of triple Mitsouko soaps. MINE!)

donna255, what is the difference between T.J. Maxx in the States and TK Maxx in the U.K.? If it’s the same chain, why the one letter variable in the name?? I don’t get it.

I should post a pic of my current stash! Hahahahahahahahaha........
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

No idea? In Europe and the UK is called TKMaxx and if I remember started in Germany?

Over here we seem to get quite different products. L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon's even Tom Ford and Creed sometimes. Reading about TJMaxx they never had these houses.
    DONNA

I buy lovely smelling French and Italian soaps from TJ Maxx, too. I read with envy what people find in TJ Maxx in other places around the country. We must be the end of the line out here.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Awesome, Zilpha! I stopped by yesterday, and found the place was pillaged! The soap shelves are half-empty now. There are T.J. Maxx stores in Manhattan, so it’s not like it’s my first time going in. I don’t frequent the “city” that much anymore, since things have changed drastically with the advent of convenient online shopping.

Basenotes Institution

I found this significantly discounted at Marshall's and have been enjoying it's intense, raw woodiness:

Desert Cedar Shower Gel by Juniper Ridge

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Diorella by Christian Dior

New Castelbel soap in yummylicious pineapple from T.J.Maxx at $4.99. Yummy.F7172391-BA8E-477C-A2BD-B828671A0FA9.jpg

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    New Castelbel soap in yummylicious pineapple from T.J.Maxx at $4.99. Yummy.F7172391-BA8E-477C-A2BD-B828671A0FA9.jpg
    I'm a big fan of their amber soap. I have to get it at Cost Plus World Mart. Pairs great with most amber perfumes or adds a "base" of sorts to an EdC like Guerlain Cologne Impériale or 4711.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I just bought some Rose Jam Shower Gel by Lush

The Argan Rose soap is wonderful too. Layer with Azzaro Acteur or Aramis Calligraphy Rose for optimum deliciounabilityness
    oh look, I have a signature