Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Soaps / Shower Gels - Currently Using, Favourites, Purchases, etc.

I just bought some Rose Jam Shower Gel by Lush

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Sova by Slumberhouse

In TKMaxx in the UK always loads of French and Italian soaps, never bought as I stock up at the Xmas market from the French Soap Guy.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: L'Aimant by Coty

No idea? In Europe and the UK is called TKMaxx and if I remember started in Germany?

Over here we seem to get quite different products. L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon's even Tom Ford and Creed sometimes. Reading about TJMaxx they never had these houses.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: L'Aimant by Coty

I buy lovely smelling French and Italian soaps from TJ Maxx, too. I read with envy what people find in TJ Maxx in other places around the country. We must be the end of the line out here.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Basenotes Plus

I found this significantly discounted at Marshall's and have been enjoying it's intense, raw woodiness:

Desert Cedar Shower Gel by Juniper Ridge

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    New Castelbel soap in yummylicious pineapple from T.J.Maxx at $4.99. Yummy.Attachment 104056
    I'm a big fan of their amber soap. I have to get it at Cost Plus World Mart. Pairs great with most amber perfumes or adds a "base" of sorts to an EdC like Guerlain Cologne Impériale or 4711.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I just bought some Rose Jam Shower Gel by Lush

The Argan Rose soap is wonderful too. Layer with Azzaro Acteur or Aramis Calligraphy Rose for optimum deliciounabilityness
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

I forgot to post that in Chicago at the BN meetup, I bought some Hermes Hand/Body Soap - expensive but a real treat in the shower. Every time I use it in the shower, the intense and natural citrus notes make me smile.

Eau d'Orange Verte Hand & Body Soap by Hermes

I like it so much I think I'm going to buy some Body Lotion also - I see lots of travel sizes on eBay for sale. That way I can apply that after a shower and spray some of the scent on (I have samples) and maybe then the scent will 'stick' a bit more.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    Bath & Body Works had a sale on discontinued shower gels so I got nine different ones. Even considering s/h fees and tax I still think I got a good bargain.
    If I've ever used B&BW products before, I don't remember it.

Twilight Woods, Juniper Breeze, Cotton Blossom, Wild Honeysuckle, Sensual Amber, Pink Cashmere, Plumeria, Freesia, & Cherry Blossom
    I finished these nine shower gels.

Verdict: Use Caress instead.

- - - Updated - - -

New set of bath products:

Crabtree & Evelyn Spring Rain bath & shower gel
    Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime hair & body wash
    Thymes Lotus Santal body wash
    Thymes Rosewood Citron body wash
    Art of Shaving Sandalwood body wash
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    This was a godsend for our eczema-ridden son! I still buy the hand/body cream.
    Currently wearing: Battaniye by Pekji

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I decided to try the Puig Agua Lavanda bar soap instead of the shower gel. It smelled 99% similar to the gel, which is to say, fantastic. It lathers nicely and doesn't dry out my skin too much, although perhaps a little more than the shower gel does. Plus it's like $3/bar if you buy x3 to x5 at a time. Very affordable and makes my bathroom and hallway smell good even when it is just sitting there dry.

I also gave some of the Imaginary Authors bar soaps a shot. I went with The Abandoned Mansion first because it sounded more appealing than the other one (Meet Me in the Meadow, which seemed citrusy/lemony). It is a dark woody scent, a big old bar, and lathers and cleans well. The notes were something like Quince, Paperback books, Cedar. I've only experienced quince as a paste and years ago, but from recollection this soap didn't smell fruity or like quince. It does resemble books to an extent, like opening one and sniffing the pages. If they made it into a sprayable perfume, I'd buy a travel spray.

A few months ago I was given a handful of the laughably small bars of L'Occitane soap, the original scent, and absolutely loved using them. They smell just like L'Occitane, which I really enjoy. Something about that woody/peppery/lavender combo is very refreshing in the shower. I wish they still made the bigger bars but such is life. One of my favorite soaps to date.

I've also been buying some random soaps from Etsy with a focus on finding a vetiver soap I like. Some smell nothing like vetiver but one (...I forgot the name of the shop) was clearly made with vetiver oil and little else. I think the dose of oil was really small and it ended up smelling rootbeer-y, which I guess is a facet vetiver can have, but it was really brought out in the soap. I wanted a stronger and fuller vetiver but it wasn't too bad. If anyone has suggestions for vetiver soap, I'd love to hear them.
    Last edited by IsoESuperman; 26th July 2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: tyop

Basenotes Plus

Has anyone ever tried this Iso E Super bar soap from Monsillage? Twisted Lily sells it and I'm tempted...

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

MBLP.jpg
    Been using this hand soap since back when the scent was called Thai Vert. Also tried this recently:
    Hermes eau-de-citron-noir.jpg
    But, while it smells lovely, it's a bit overpowering for a hand soap.

Neither has any amazing properties as far as I know: they just look and smell nice, and get your hands clean.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Has anyone ever tried this Iso E Super bar soap from Monsillage? Twisted Lily sells it and I'm tempted...

I'm interested, too, if it's not too expensive.

Update: $12 per bar. I went for an IsoESuper and their Chypre soap.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I'm interested, too, if it's not too expensive.

Update: $12 per bar. I went for an IsoESuper and their Chypre soap.
    Report back!!!

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

A kind Basenoter swapped me for these (the Shower Gel was re-released, recently, which I bought also...but this Shower Gel and Body Lotion are *vintage* and the Body Lotion is not available anymore)

Tam Dao Shower Gel and Body Lotion

Used together the scent is very strong and sometimes outlasts my SOTD.

-- Eckhart Tolle