Code of Conduct

Default YSL La Nuit or Carolina Herrera CH for dates/clubs ?

Which cologne is better when for example you want to impress a girl on first date or when you want to make a good impression in a club ?

YSL La Nuit or Carolina Herrera CH ? I want openions from guys that have at least tried both colognes

I have tried YSL La Nuit and it's one of my favorite colognes right now , and I just have read here on this forum that it has been reformulated (watered down) is this true ?
    And for the sole purpose of imppressing girls or compliments which cologne will you chose ?

In my collection the colognes that I used the most are ( YSL La nuit , JPG Le Male , Armani Aqua de Gio , Creed Aventus ) I have other colognes that I use less ( Armani Code , Paco Rabanne 1 Million , Paris Hilton Just me , Creed Millesime Imperial ) This is pretty much my whole collection ? Is it worth buying Carolina Herrera CH ?

Default Re: YSL La Nuit or Carolina Herrera CH for dates/clubs ?

I love both. I'm relatively new to CH Men, so not enough time to really have feedback from women. La Nuit is a compliment-getting machine. Just don't spray too much, and there's a pretty good chance every woman who smells it on you will love it. To me, CH Men is in the same ballpark as far as scent, and will probably garner the same reactions, but like I said, I don't know for sure. I don't go clubbing, so no opinion there -- this is just for dates and casual socializing

YSL La Nuit

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

You should get a sample of the Herrera first, try it on, and take it from there.
    Unless you've got money to burn don't blind buy any fragrance.

CH Men is my most female-complimented fragrance, and IMO performs better than the current formulation of La Nuit although olfactory fatigue tends to set in fairly quickly (I get compliments long after I can't detect it any more). Also, La Nuit is much more widespread and for clubs/dates won't be nearly as unique as CH Men. Finally, I think that CH Men smells better, but that's subjective although on me women go nuts for it. For the sole purpose of attracting women I think it's about as worthy of a fragrance purchase as you're gonna get. From my experience, women almost universally love 3 things in a mens cologne: freshness, sweetness and that intangible masculine vibe. With this in mind it's easy to see why CH Men and La Nuit are so well-loved by the ladies, since these possess all 3 of these qualities.
    Last edited by goodenstuff; 27th June 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Both are cool, but I would go with La Nuit.

Don't know about CH, but La Nuit is more of a cuddling scent to me, rather than clubbing. This lies more on projection wise. It's good, but maybe not strong enough for clubs. This is up to you to decide.

About the reformulation, I've heard from some folks (including that guy from YT, Jeremy) it's 15% weeker. Honestly, I have no clue about where they've got that information from. Rumours are like that... they spread like there's no tomorrow even when you don't know it's sources.

Clearly, definitely recommending La Nuit

My choices...
    La Nuit for dates
    CH for clubbing

Both are one of the top choices for your needs. You can't wrong with either. But I prefer YSL for dates.