Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New: Giorgio Armani Eau de Cedre

Default Re: New: Giorgio Armani Eau de Cedre

A sure pick up for me. Thanks for the info!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Sample Alert

Sounds good... except for the cumin. Will try to sample, but keeping expectations low.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Creed - Original Cologne
    2. Xerjoff - Nio
    3. Creed - Aventus
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
    9. Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    10. Creed - Virgin Island Water

Máscara Almizclado

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Sounds good... except especially for the cumin!
    FTFY

Anything with cumin has my attention. This scent is going to depend on which notes are highlighted. A cologne concentration including the main accord of cedar/cumin/black tea would be great; while too much violet leaf & non-descript or overly synthetic suede/woodsy notes could easily ruin it for me.

The notes sound interesting but I'm sure the fragrance will suck when it's released... as usual! I no longer trust these note lists.

Thank you for the info.

Will sniff since I am on a Armani kick lately but my expectations are very low.

Blog Entries

The Armani Eau line consists of a retro original and two completely different and unrelated flankers that can barely be detected after a dozen sprays. Hopefully this is stronger.
    Top 5
    1. Guerlain Homme
    2. Chanel Bleu
    3. Dior Homme Sport
    4. Tom Ford Oud Wood
    5. Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain

Thanks for posting. As both the regular Eau pour Homme, to a lesser extent, its previous flankers, as well as cedar notes in almost any fragrance belong to the undisputed favorite scent categories of mine anyway, being quite eager to test this one.

Basenotes Plus

A member of the fairer sex on the female side of the forum recently observed: "that nasty synthetic cedar note in so many newer men's fragrances needs to go away." I too observe a big Eau d'Hamster Cage (or, only slightly less irritating, Eau d'Pencil Shavings) trend, and it makes me suspicious of this new offering.

The bottle looks absolutely terrible. Not too excited to try this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Sounds good... except for the cumin. Will try to sample, but keeping expectations low.
    Agree that the cumin concerns me but otherwise sounds good. Love the green bottle. I'm more stoked about the coming ADP release.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I tried this one today and I'm pleasantly surprised. Nice citrus opening with cedar in the drydown. Quite simple but smells really good.

Anyone tried this one?
    My blog: Fume-head
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

I ran into this new Eau de Cedre today, I sniffed the cap and I liked it so I sprayed some on my wrist.. My first impression of this fragrance was very good! It opens up fresh, there are citrus notes but they are not very noticeable.. They are there just to add a fresh tone to the opening along with some sage.. Than some spices hit you, some cardamom and maybe some cumin.. So if you do not like cumin than this scent is not for you.. Eau de Cedre than starts to warm up and get darker.. Suede, cedar, and black tea take over the fragrance.. It smells very smooth and velvety.. This is a masculine fragrance, it is very different and unique in my opinion.. I like it a lot, it may in fact be my favorite out of the Eau line so far, and the bottle is gorgeous! If I had to buy one of the three Eau flankers it would be this one! I cant wait to get to know this fragrance better..
    Last edited by DolceThaDon; 26th August 2015 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    I ran into this new Eau de Cedre today, I sniffed the cap and I liked it so I sprayed some on my wrist.. My first impression of this fragrance was very good! It opens up fresh, there are citrus notes but they are not very noticeable.. They are there just to add a fresh tone to the opening along with some sage.. Than some spices hit you, some cardamom and maybe some cumin.. So if you do not like cumin than this scent is not for you.. Eau de Cedre than starts to warm up and get darker.. Suede, cedar, and black tea take over the fragrance.. It smells very smooth and velvety.. This is a masculine fragrance, it is very different and unique in my opinion.. I like it a lot, it may in fact be my favorite out of the Eau line so far, and the bottle is gorgeous! If I had to buy one of the three Eau flankers it would be this one! I cant wait to get to know this fragrance better..
    Thanks for your impressions. Sounds very appealing.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes, oh I forgot to mention that I also felt that this fragrance does not really feel like something from 2015.. It almost feels to me like something that would have been released in the late 90s or early 2000's but that is just my opinion.. This is the first Armani fragrance that at first sniff has made me almost want to buy a bottle..

Nice impressions.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone might know where the Armani Eau line is available to purchase in the USA? Or is the Eau line not available in the USA? I never thought about it but I just realized that I never saw any fragrances from the Eau line in any of the fragrance stores in the USA..

The ingredients list actually make me think this has most in common with Emporio Armani He (1997) out of the Armani line-up but this is sounding slightly more gentleman's- than night-club. I'm very intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishlee View Post
    The ingredients list actually make me think this has most in common with Emporio Armani He (1997) out of the Armani line-up but this is sounding slightly more gentleman's- than night-club. I'm very intrigued.
    I have never smelled "Armani's He" so I can't say if there are any similarities or not but I will confirm the latter part of your post as true.. Eau de Cedre is definitely more of a gentlemanly type of scent than a night club scent.. Eau de Cedre smells very masculine to me in a classic, elegant, sophisticated type of way.. It is very far from being a night club type of scent.. Eau de Nuit is probably the closest in the Eau line to being a night club type of scent.. Eau de Cedre also seems like it may be a love or hate fragrance as the scent is quite different from the norm.. I really like it a lot and ever since yesterday I can not stop thinking about it, I want to smell it again!

Eau de Cedre smells very masculine to me in a classic, elegant, sophisticated type of way... it may be a love or hate fragrance
    Armani Gentleman's Marmite? I'm now impatient to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishlee View Post
    Armani Gentleman's Marmite? I'm now impatient to try this.
    Yes, not to mention the bottle is gorgeous! There is something about that green glass that is so intriguing.. Unfortunately I am beginning to think that the Armani Eau line is only available in Europe? But I am still waiting to see if someone else can confirm that as true or not..

I'm surprised in a good way as well. It smells a thousand times better than it looks

Unfortunately I am beginning to think that the Armani Eau line is only available in Europe? But I am still waiting to see if someone else can confirm that as true or not..
    I just think it hasn't arrived yet. I got Eau De Nuit at Nordstrom and Eau D'aromes at a local fragrance shop. Where did you get to try or see Eau de Cedre?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I just think it hasn't arrived yet. I got Eau De Nuit at Nordstrom and Eau D'aromes at a local fragrance shop. Where did you get to try or see Eau de Cedre?
    Well yes, Eau de Cedre has not been officially released yet although some stores do have it on the shelves already.. I smelled Eau de Cedre here in Italy, 90% of my family and relatives live here so I am back and forth between here and the states.. Eau Pour Homme, Eau de Nuit, and Eau de Aromes have all been on the shelves in most profumeria's here but I haven't seen any of them in the states.. When I was looking online at Macy's and Sephora's website none of them have any of the Eau line listed for sale.. On the Armani website it only has Eau de Nuit listed in USA website.. So it is kind of odd, I think Eau de Cedre may be one of those fragrances that never makes it to the states..

Basenotes Plus

Looks like it might smell good, except for the cumin...

The bottle is quite hideous, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Looks like it might smell good, except for the cumin...

The bottle is quite hideous, IMO.
    I think the bottle is gorgeous.. The bottle design is the same shape as the rest of the Eau line.. The only difference is the color of the bottle.. I think the dark green is beautiful, it is nice to see a different color besides the same old blue bottles that you see everywhere nowadays.. But we all have different tastes.. Oh and as far as cumin, I see a lot of people saying it might smell good except for the cumin.. If you do not like cumin notes in fragrance than there is a 99% chance you will not like Eau de Cedre, the heart of the fragrance is spicy and has a very noticeable cumin odor..

The bottle screams 1998. It has all the makings of a late 90s scent note wise.