Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Kelsey Berwin Fragrances...anyone??

Hey guys,
    Has anyone tried fragrances from the Kelsey Berwin line? Apparently, they are all "natural" fragrances, so was just curious...

Let me know!

Default Re: Kelsey Berwin Fragrances...anyone??

So, I tried Huberta and Zeus...

Huberta - Has a middle eastern metallic oud kind of a vibe. Almost reminds me of Mancera Gold Intensive Oud.

Zeus - This one is a total stunner! It smells like a more fruity version of Bleu de Chanel! Performs exceptionally as well!

So, I have been trying to track Zeus down after seeing your review on YouTube. I think it came under a honourable mention or something. Anyway, It came in this morning and when I tried it, it instantly gave off vibes of Invictus and Lacoste White. Personally, i'll rather have Zeus than any of the other two. It's cheaper, lasts longer and actually smells better. However, I don't get any of the 'natural' vibes it is alleged to have. For a video idea, I suggest you do a smell off with Zeus, Sauvage, Invictus and Bleu de Chanel EDT, and of course, with Dani as the guest nose

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerboy View Post
    Hey guys,
    Has anyone tried fragrances from the Kelsey Berwin line? Apparently, they are all "natural" fragrances, so was just curious...

Let me know!
    Do you happen to have a link?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad7 View Post
    Meant a link to the company website.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Meant a link to the company website.
    http://www.beautyspin.com/kelsey-ber...arfum-for-men/

Thanks, but was looking for the manufacturer or "House" website, not an online retailer selling the scents.

Update - found it but shows account suspended - http://kelseyberwin.com/

i would never wear this brand as i have an intense loathing of the name "Kelsey".

hurt to even type it out.
    Currently wearing: Accord Oud by Byredo

Hahaha!! It's the opposite for me. Apart from the fact that the fragrance itself is lovely, the name 'Kelsey' reads like the name of one of my favourite upcoming country/pop singer... Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r6N2JQQwg0

Basenotes Junkie

Sampled a few of these today. Huberta smells just like Lattafa - Night Oud. Nice, but has an alt-sweetness that gets annoying after a couple of hours. Zeus was very nice - a little dusty, a little fruity, but modern man goodness. Trudie Sport and Cool Blue Man were a little generic. Nice, but generic.

Overall solid fragrances, well worth the $10-$15 USD being charged at Beautyspin. The only unique one is Huberta, but it is only unique if you're not experienced with some of the cheaper Arab houses, such Rasasi, Lattafa, etc.

Really need to get my nose on Huberta. I have given Zeus a few wearings and my conclusion is that at the top, you get Lacoste white on fruit steroids, in the mid, you get Invictus and in the dry down you get Joop Homme Wild. But Zeus has better longevity that all the mentioned frags. I like it, but I don't love it. But for the price, who cares? it's definitely worth the buy.

Blog Entries

Zeus seems to be the better one, according to the threads but it is not easy to find.
    [
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

this company out of business?

Sorry for the refloat but is it true?
    I just bought Zeus and it says "MFG: 4 . 2016" It was made 5 months ago.

It's a good fragrance smells like Invictus in a natural way very pleasant. Hope they still making this kind of natura scents.

It seems that I do recall hearing that they did indeed go out of business. But......I thought it was quite a bit before your bottle was made chuso?! The mystery continues............
    Eph 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-
    Currently wearing: Eros by Versace

Basenotes Junkie

At the very least, Beautyspin stopped carrying them, which was how most in the US were getting them. I was able to snag all 4 offered in the winter.
    Please subscribe to my thread below, join my group on Facebook, and check out my collection (most available) doc!

Eric's collection
    Reddit splits and decants
    Current Splits

Splits & Decants on Facebook

IMG_20160915_171653.jpg
    IMG_20160915_171827.jpg

Weird

Hope they keep making this

Zeus is certainly a fruitier version of BdC that dries down to an Invictus kind of aura.
    Last edited by Timothée Kal; 20th February 2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Treasured Fragrances
    Terre d'Hermès Parfum
    Timbuktu
    Noir Extreme
    Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie
    La Collection Privée Oud Ispahan
    La Collection Privée Ambre Nuit
    Encre Noire A L'Extreme

Basenotes Junkie

Notino has a new one listed, Midnight Oud I believe
    Please subscribe to my thread below, join my group on Facebook, and check out my collection (most available) doc!

Eric's collection
    Current Splits

Everyone have different skins.... But I have the zeus and it highly being compared to invictus.... But for some reason I get better performance on invictus than the zeus even though the zeus is in parfum.... That's on me though... It's worth a buy if u find it on a cheap price..... I paid 20 for it.... But I see it going higher time to time

Quote Originally Posted by hanginglimbs View Post
    I actually want to try this out with hope that it will be a nice oud fragrance... I wish there was someone out there who owns it and is able to kindly give us an insight on what to expect.
    Treasured Fragrances
    Terre d'Hermès Parfum
    Timbuktu
    Noir Extreme
    Encre Noire A L'Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by hanginglimbs View Post
    I saw that last night and order a bottle since it was inexpensive. I picked-up a bottle of Zeus a while back and..well, it's okay but nothing special; it kind of has that TJ Maxx feel to it so I'll probably give it to one of my nephews since I don't wear it ofen and it has a more youthful feel to it. Anyway, I'll report back next week after my bottle arrives.
    Currently wearing: Kabul Aoud by Montale

My bottle of Midnight Oud arrived recently and it was a disappointment. Midnight Oud starts off as a medicinal oud (which I certainly don't mind) but this one smelled cheap and synthetic...and it was very soft and had a metallic vibe to it. Moreover, it opened with a clear note of hairspray which I found to be very similar to the opening of many Al-Rehab spray fragrances. Honestly, it smelled very similar to $5 bottle of a 50ml Al-Rahab spray scent. Within 30-minutes the soft medical oud note is almost entirely gone and after 60-minutes I was left with a lightly sweet, lightly woody, lightly fresh-spicy skin-scent with a generic note of hairspray lingering in the background. It's not bad...but I got a bunch of these $5 Al-Rahab scents that are already in the ballpark...not worth the $20 I paid for it but you be the judge.

Quickly becoming one of my favorite YT reviewers, and tells me all I need to know about this house (or at least "Midnight Oud" in particular).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEnGUJyXaZw&t=0s

BTW: "Full Force Fragrance" is his secondary channel. Check out his main channel "Gent Scents." A straight-shooter and darn funny on occasion.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Last edited by riffjim4069; 15th February 2017 at 07:30 PM.

My apologies for bumping this thread but is there anyone else who has sampled Huberta and is willing to share their experience with it?
    Treasured Fragrances
    Terre d'Hermès Parfum
    Timbuktu
    Noir Extreme
    Encre Noire A L'Extreme

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Timothée Kal View Post
    My apologies for bumping this thread but is there anyone else who has sampled Huberta and is willing to share their experience with it?
    I own Huberta. I find it very similar to Lattafa - Night Oud, but perhaps toned down a bit.

Eric's collection
    Current Splits

Only know and own Zeus- quite pleasantly smelling and well performing for its price, in fact, the kind of fruity EDP that also resembles CK One Shock, Obsession Night and other recent sweeter CK fragrances, aside from the similarities with BDC and Invictus noticed in previous posts, lasting quite long with few sprays.

Will also try to test and then also share some impressions of other fragrances by this house.