Code of Conduct

Default Help me ladies! Oribe?

Ok a bit of a stretch but I'm hoping to get some recommendations here.

I would like to buy a perfume for my sister as a birthday gift. She is not into perfumes at the moment but has expressed interest in my obsession with them and has finally agreed to let me find one for her. The only scent she really loves is that of a popular dry shampoo/hair are brand called Oribe. They recently came out with a perfume which she purchased but apparently it is a disappointing attempt to recreate the scent of their hair are products. I'm hoping some of you have tried their products and can recommend a scent you find similar? Here is what I could find regarding their signature scent:

Cote d'Azur opens with fresh lemon, black currant, Calabrian bergamot and Sicilian orange. The heart incorporates tuberose, blue cyclamen and white jasmine, on a base of sandalwood, vetiver and amber.

I read that the bergamot, jasmine and sandalwood are the standout notes. Even if you haven't smelled their products, are their any perfumes out there that emphasize those notes? Sorry for the rant, but appreciate any advice!

Default Re: Help me ladies! Oribe?

I used Oribe hair oil and don't recall any particular smell, so it was probably something of their dry shampoo.

Many hair oils or similar end up with vaguely jasmine-amber combinations. For instance, Nuxe had a big success with their line and came up with a perfume based on it. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess would be a more elaborate version of the same idea. But, as said, I don't know if this corresponds to the Oribe shampoo.

cacio

Thank you Cacio! The Bonze Goddess seems to have a coconut vibe I'm not sure she'd be into. Hoping for something with a Bergamot, Jasmine, Sandalwood backbone if anyone has any suggestions?

If she doesn't really love perfumes, then she won't want a complicated heavy number. I suggest this because it is light and fades fast.

L'occitane jasmine and bergamote

More reviews on FG here

Even better... there is a hair mist as well would you believe it?

http://uk.loccitane.com/jasmine-berg...,1,54642,0.htm
    Last edited by mumsy; 8th July 2015 at 10:59 PM.
    The PONK club - gymnosium for perfumers (NOTE:- All club matters still on hold whilst I care for my dad now.)

Twitter - @PonkClub for regular twitter updates

My Tincture list

A perfumed life - Tinctures, perfumes, cordials, wines and ingredients
    Currently wearing: Charisma by Avon