Code of Conduct

Default Statesman by Mirus Fine Fragrance

Recently a friend of mine, another frag head, gave me a sample of Statesman from the house of Mirus Fine Fragrance. I absolutely love this scent. It includes some nice lime, clove, juniper notes, with some cedar wood undertones. Some research shows this fragrance got released this year, and that Mirus is a new house. I did a google search, but couldnt find a website or anything about where to purchase this scent.

My friend got it as a sample when he did a swap, but can't remember who sent it to him. Anyone have any info on this scent. Have you guys tried this?

image.jpg
    Last edited by cologne_enthusiast; 8th July 2015 at 02:03 AM.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Default Re: Statesman by Mirus Fine Fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by cologne_enthusiast View Post
    Recently a friend of mine, another frag head, gave me a sample of Statesman from the house of Mirus Fine Fragrance. I absolutely love this scent. It includes some nice lime, clove, juniper notes, with some cedar wood undertones. Some research shows this fragrance got released this year, and that Mirus is a new house. I did a google search, but couldnt find a website or anything about where to purchase this scent.

My friend got it as a sample when he did a swap, but can't remember who sent it to him. Anyone have any info on this scent. Have you guys tried this?

I think that this is the first time I have ever heard of it. Has this been out a while?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quick research shows this is the debut release for this house. It was released in 2015. Very promising!
    Last edited by cologne_enthusiast; 8th July 2015 at 03:02 AM.

New to me.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Quick research shows this is the debut release for this house. It was released in 2015. Very promising!
    Thanks.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

image.jpg
    Hi there-

I'm really glad that you're enjoying Statesman...in large part because I'm the guy who made it. Someone who knows me pointed me toward this thread. I'm happy to answer any questions about it (and even send you some samples of other things if you're interested).

oh very nice! I've really liked what you've done here with this scent. Do you have a website or is this just something you've created as a hobby?

I don't have a website yet I'm afraid. I've just been distributing samples through some folks who do decants and splits and selling bottles when people ask where they can get more of the fragrance. Sorting out real labels and creating a website are my next steps, but I wanted to get some of my fragrances in the hands of experienced frag heads to see if there was any interest first.

Yes. It's basically a hobby as this point. I have 2-3 fragrances that I've released some samples of. I also do bespoke/commission pieces if someone has an interesting idea.

In addition to Statesman, which you're familliar with, you may come across samples of Amber & Oud, which is a fragrance that opens with a dry, spiced citrus and dries down to a boozy, styrax heavy amber and oud smell. It seems to be quite popular so far, though it hasn't yet been officially released. If people ask me nicely, I'll hand mix them a bottle though. I've done that a few times already.

I also have a summery oriental fragrance that I've been working on. It has a pear and citrus opening that transitions to a really lovely blend of frankincense, light sandalwood and white musk that gives the impression of being covered in sandalwood sawdust.

There are, of course, dozens of other things that I'm working on, but these are the three that you're most likely to come across in the wild.

I realized I never got around to asking you if this scent or any others are available to purchase. Let me know.

Yes. They are. I've PMed you with additional details. Thank you for your interest.

Basenotes Plus

Hi - I just purchased Mirus Citrea from the Tiger Lily in San Francisco - love it - citrus-vetiver. Are you the same Mirus?
    Currently wearing: Ambercuir by Sultan Pasha

Yep. That's me. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I just dropped off the first bottles there on Thursday and you're one of the first people to even smell it. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by acleverpseudonym View Post
    Yep. That's me. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I just dropped off the first bottles there on Thursday and you're one of the first people to even smell it. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.
    Interesting thread....are u able to ship international ...as I am based out of INDIA ?

Basenotes Plus

Thanks. Could you describe Citrea's notes? I'm a novice describer - but for me it opens as citrus--maybe lemon--and vetiver with a grass element, the develops more oud, incense, pepper. What I like is that it stays true- doesn't go chemical the way CK One-which is mines similar turf-does. Its perfect for the office. I appreciate your accesible price point

By the way - while I was in Tiger Lily some other customers came in and wanted to know what I was wearing - they loved it.

I'd also like to know about your other scents. Tiger Lily does not yet have online descriptions. I enjoyed Antonia and Tiger Lily

Hi there-

I'm really glad that you're enjoying Statesman...in large part because I'm the guy who made it. Someone who knows me pointed me toward this thread. I'm happy to answer any questions about it (and even send you some samples of other things if you're interested).
    At last a rare occasion when a perfume creator is among us

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan odyssey View Post
    Interesting thread....are u able to ship international ...as I am based out of INDIA ?
    Hi there-

Thanks for your interest. I'm really sorry but I haven't yet sorted out a way to ship internationally from where I am that is legal, reasonably priced and reliable. I hope to get that solved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by janecc View Post
    Thanks. Could you describe Citrea's notes? I'm a novice describer - but for me it opens as citrus--maybe lemon--and vetiver with a grass element, the develops more oud, incense, pepper. What I like is that it stays true- doesn't go chemical the way CK One-which is mines similar turf-does. Its perfect for the office. I appreciate your accesible price point

By the way - while I was in Tiger Lily some other customers came in and wanted to know what I was wearing - they loved it.

I'd also like to know about your other scents. Tiger Lily does not yet have online descriptions. I enjoyed Antonia and Tiger Lily

Antonia and Tigerlily are great. I make a point of delivering orders by hand, just for an excuse to spend time there. I can see why Tigerlily is one of the Basenotes Reader awards finalists for Best Perfumery.

The official notes for Citrea are: Rosewood, lemon, orange, frankincense, haitian vetiver, tonka bean, woody notes, ambroxan

The tart, citrusy scent comes from a combination of the citrus oils and the haitian vetiver, which has a tart, citrusy, grassy quality in dilution, as well as a really lovely, very citrusy frankincense that I tinctured from raw frankincense tears (the little chunks of hardened frankincense resin). My goal was to have a fresh, tart, citrusy feel that flows through the fragrance from the beginning through the end. When you first spray it on, that comes from the lemon, but as the lemon fades, the frankincense and vetiver carry it on, giving different nuances to it. The frankincense gives a peppery feel. The vetiver gives it a grassy feel. The woody smell comes from a combination of Virginia cedar and something that's similar to Iso E Super, but isn't. I used a molecule called Sylvamber, which has 3x the amount of the desirable gamma isomer that Iso E Super does, and about 20% more than the proprietary Iso Gamma Super used by Escentric in Molecule01. It also has a bit of a lemony note on top of the typical etherial woods and amber smell that Iso E Super is famous for.

I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying it so far. This is my first release of a spring fragrance. Please. let me know if you have any feedback after wearing it for a while.

Oh, I almost forgot, here are the notes listings for the other fragrances you were asking about:

Amber & Oud: bergamot, orange, nutmeg, clove, coriander, oud, amber
    December Kiss: tangerine, bergamot, orange flower, galbanum, tarragon, rose, incense, amber, mysore sandalwood, leather
    Sordid: Amber, bergamot, petitgrain, violet flower, dark aged patchouli, ambroxan
    Wicked Stepmother: jasmine grandiflorium, jasmine sambac, carnation, orange, amber, vanilla, lychee
    Questionable Motives: petitgrain, frankincense, woods, vanilla, ambroxan, white musk
    Den: citrus, petitgrain, jasmine, ylang ylang, smoke, woody notes, amber, leather, civet, more civet.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you for the detailed response. I can see this is just the beginning and look forward to trying--maybe--Sordid next.

I just bought Amber & Oud yesterday at Tiger Lily, my wife and I loved it at first smell.

I'm so glad. Thank you!

Really interesting! Waiting for the international shipping to be sorted

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk