Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 03 Lonestar memories

16 84.21%
  • 05 Incense Extreme

3 15.79%

Default Which Tauer to buy next?

Hello everyone,

As im loving 02 by Tauer, so im looking to add more from his line.

I cant decide which one to buy next between 03 Lonestar Memories and 05 Incense Extreme, unfortunately as lots of other well known brands i cant have access to any of them in my country to test.

P.S. I already have 02 and read lots of comments that it has some common notes with 03, so please tell me if i choose to buy 03, am i getting same feeling like 02?

Default Re: Which Tauer to buy next?

I'd go with 03 Lonestar Memories
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks Hednic for your super-fast response <3

I'd say get Tauerville Vanilla Flash instead.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!
    SWAP THREAD

I am giving my vote to Lonestar Memories as well--really nice stuff, paints pictures in much the same way L'Air does. Super masculine.
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

I would go with Lonestar as well.
    If you can, I would ask for samples of both Incense Extreme and Incense Rose.
    Both are very nice, especially IR.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Lonestar, although I would advise against blind buying. Doesn't Tauer send his sample pack worldwide? Why can't you sample first?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Lonestar, although I would advise against blind buying. Doesn't Tauer send his sample pack worldwide? Why can't you sample first?
    ^^^^
    That's good advice.
    I would check into that.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I voted Lonestar memories, but I second what others were saying. It is very unsafe. It smells like a chemical explosion, or like a campfire. Very striking. It shares some of the clove and dry notes of L'Air, but it is much sharper and chemical. Incense extreme is safer, but perhaps a bit less unique (and as others, I prefer Incense rose, a fizzy, rosy incense).

cacio

Have you tried L ' Air Du Desert Marocain?

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Have you tried L ' Air Du Desert Marocain?
    Read his post again.

Personally, I think you should be happy with your LDDM, and then move away from Tauer - unless you like rose, then you should certainly try Une Rose de Kandahar. Outside of that, they are mostly a let down IMO.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Creed - Original Cologne
    2. Xerjoff - Nio
    3. Creed - Aventus
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
    9. Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    10. Creed - Virgin Island Water

My apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Read his post again.

03 Lonestar memories

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Lonestar Memories! It's really something special. I wouldn't wear it often enough to justify buying it, but I sure do want a bottle!!! And after L'Air du Desert Marocain, which I assume you already have, it's the next Tauer I'd highly recommend. It's pretty amazing.

Incense Extreme is interesting, but there's nothing about it that makes me want to wear it. I don't think I even finished my sample. I think I passed it on to another BNer if I'm not mistaken. I find Incense Rose to be far more compelling, though I'd rather smell it on a woman than on myself.

Whatever you do... Definitely! Sample! First!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Thanks guys for your comments,

First of all im living at middle east (Iran) and you know andy's products doesnt get here unfortunately, so im asking a relative to buy it from spain,
    And once again unfortunately seller doesnt have incense rose and other andy's product. So i should go for one of these two.
    About rose de kandahar i have the sample from buying 02 in past from his own website and its nice but nithing i would like to wear.
    the other which of i love from his line is Sotto la luna gardenia which is very comforting scent.

Blog Entries

As a bit of an oddball pick, have you considered Orange Star? Orange Star is such a fun almost candied orange scent, yet it's also more realistic of an orange than most orange scents. And it's surprisingly heavy. This sucker's got punch.

If you like really dry scents like the CdG incense series, you might really enjoy Incense Extreme. For me though, something about it felt kind of cold. I can't quite put my finger on why. Lonestar Memories is fantastic, but obviously, you need to really enjoy leather and, in this case, a cross between a rugged leather and a metrosexual leather. It's quite a unique scent.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    As a bit of an oddball pick, have you considered Orange Star? Orange Star is such a fun almost candied orange scent, yet it's also more realistic of an orange than most orange scents. And it's surprisingly heavy. This sucker's got punch.

If you like really dry scents like the CdG incense series, you might really enjoy Incense Extreme. For me though, something about it felt kind of cold. I can't quite put my finger on why. Lonestar Memories is fantastic, but obviously, you need to really enjoy leather and, in this case, a cross between a rugged leather and a metrosexual leather. It's quite a unique scent.
    L'homme i always use your awesome comments and i think we have same taste in fragrances, so i will definately test orange star if i get a sample definately,

About CdG incense series im not sure if i like them yet or not, its always a thing there that push me back. So it seems i should go for 03 then and probably ask sample from 05

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pichooo View Post
    L'homme i always use your awesome comments and i think we have same taste in fragrances, so i will definately test orange star if i get a sample definately,

About CdG incense series im not sure if i like them yet or not, its always a thing there that push me back. So it seems i should go for 03 then and probably ask sample from 05
    That sounds like a plan - but - can you tell us a bit more about what kinds of scents you love, especially in terms of leathers and bold scents?

I love Lonestar Memories, but that might be for nostalgia more than as an example of my taste. I spent years living in Texas, and there was a barbecue joint I used to walk past on my way to work. I don't know what kind of wood they used for smoking meats, but man oh man does Lonestar Memories remind me of that place. There is something almost meaty about it. Smokey. Leathery. And yet, it has an almost dandy prettiness about it at well. It's such a strange yet compelling scent.

Haven't had a chance to try Incense Extreme yet but Lonestar is terrific stuff. It is brilliant as much as it is bizarre, so it may lose on some versatility points.. It is also very different from LADDM, so owning both would no way be redundant.
    Current Favorites (most worn in last month):

Cologne Indelebile - FM
    YSL L'homme
    Terre D'Hermes (EDT)
    L'Humaniste - Frapin
    Original Vetiver - Creed
    Currently wearing: Bergamote 22 by Le Labo

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    That sounds like a plan - but - can you tell us a bit more about what kinds of scents you love, especially in terms of leathers and bold scents?

I love Lonestar Memories, but that might be for nostalgia more than as an example of my taste. I spent years living in Texas, and there was a barbecue joint I used to walk past on my way to work. I don't know what kind of wood they used for smoking meats, but man oh man does Lonestar Memories remind me of that place. There is something almost meaty about it. Smokey. Leathery. And yet, it has an almost dandy prettiness about it at well. It's such a strange yet compelling scent.
    Well i have fahrenheit, and also own Bentley intense, sampled dior leather oud, AdP leather, rance la victoire and few others that i cant remeber at the moment,

From those i love leather in fahrenheit, however i dont like bentley instense leather feel (yeah blind bought it and was a let down), i loved AdP leather as it was a clean leather to my nose just like im smelling my leather jacket, however i do like skanky leathers like dior leather oud and rance la voictoure.

Totally i like bold scents, love interlude, 02, jubilation, most of Jovoy line etc. however i dont like memoir at all which is weird and i dont like leather note on it to much. tbh im not into citrusi scents for now. However i love GIT and BdC and terre edt (these are my only spring times scents)

To add 02 is my most favorite scent in my collection. Following by Interlude men

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Personally, I think you should be happy with your LDDM, and then move away from Tauer - unless you like rose, then you should certainly try Une Rose de Kandahar. Outside of that, they are mostly a let down IMO.
    agree!
    PER ASPERA AD ASTRA
    Currently wearing: Red Vetyver by Montale

...Lonestar Memories...wonderful and unique..!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Lonestar is terrific stuff. It is brilliant as much as it is bizarre
    Jimmy - what a perfect way to sum it up!