Code of Conduct

Default SUÉDOIS by Euphorium Brooklyn

SUÉDOIS by Euphorium Brooklyn is a scent made for Hayden-Harnett which is a Brooklyn-based fashion company that produces handbags, accessories, and apparel, founded by Toni Hacker and Benjamin Harnett in 2005.

SUÉDOIS is all about a fabulous suede accord and a very high quality sandlewood. Oh so smooth and creamy. Not a rough edge to be found anywhere. Not too strong with moderate sillage. This is straight up unisex, not leaning one way or the other. As you can see there is quite a list of ingredients. Surprisingly, (and happily) the end result is something that smells more minimalistic. Extremely well blended and balanced. There's been many previous attempts from various companys to give us a suede scent, but SUÉDOIS is easily the Holy Grail for suede to my nose.

If you've peeked ahead and noticed notes like castoreum and birch tar, your probably thinking - anamalic bomb, Knize 10 and so on...DON"T - This is sauve, debonaire and sophisticated. Think of the best suede accord mixed with best sandlewood available today. All the other notes just blend in with subtle bursts to keep your interest.

Just as a sidebar I was crazy about Cilice. Usar and Wald didn't thrill me that much - plus there seemed to me this Euphorium Brooklyn base that was so repetitive. SUÉDOIS doesn't have the that base, and is a new unique fragrance that pleases my nose. Congrats Steven Dirkes for starting from scratch and coming up with something totally different than your previous works. I know that's hard to do, but very rewarding for all when you can do it.

FRAGRANCE NOTES
    Indonesian Sandalwood, Swedish Wildflower, Pettitgrain sur Fleurs, Raspberry, Raisin, Labdanum,
    Clary Sage, Oakmoss, Cardamon, Elemi, Myrrh, Patchouli, Nutmeg, Anise, Cassia, Benzoin,
    Peru Balsam, Coumarin, Vanilla Cream, Suede, Castoreum, Ambergris, Birch Tar,
    Cade, Tonka Musk

More info here - http://euphoriumbrooklyn.com/?page_id=449

http://www.haydenharnett.com/product...UPHORIUMBRKSUP
    Last edited by thebeck; 18th July 2015 at 01:45 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SUÉDOIS by Euphorium Brooklyn

Will need to try this the next time I'm at Twisted Lilly if they have it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sound Scents

I already have my reference suede in Cuiron, but I suppose there is always room for another great one. I wasn't particularly impressed with the brand's previous offerings but maybe this one will click? It certainly sounds worth a sniff at the very least.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
    Currently wearing: Rose Cut by Ann Gerard

Like the notes. Thanks for the info.

We would love to give everybody a bottle of Euphorium Brooklyn's Suédois! but for now we are sponsoring a giveaway of a 30ml decant and a tester at Cafleurebon.com Check out Pam Barr's great review comment and like Cafleurebon FB page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cafle...908477?fref=ts) to enter.

http://www.cafleurebon.com/new-fragr...-perfume-draw/