Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default If you are given a chance to become a fragrance "brand ambassador", what will be your brand?

If you are given a chance to become a fragrance "brand ambassador", what will be your house?
    I would go for "Fredric Malle".
    Currently wearing: Oud Wood by Tom Ford

Default Re: If you are given a chance to become a fragrance "brand ambassador", what will be your brand?

I say Le Labo. Always wanted to wear a white coat.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.
    Currently wearing: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Default Re: If you are given a chance to become a fragrance "brand ambassador", what will be your brand?

Guerlain!

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Central Florida. 44 years old, de-clawed teddy bear who is as comfortable in a tie-dye as an oxford

I'd say Guerlain. I have much love for their products, their history is fascinating and I would love to have that interlocking G logo on my letterhead.
    It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Tom Ford

Sound Scents

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
    Currently wearing: Enygma by Onyrico

Comme des Garçons

Central Florida. 44 years old, de-clawed teddy bear who is as comfortable in a tie-dye as an oxford

I'm curious to see hednic's choice.
    It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

For me, it would be difficult to decide between Knize, ADP, Penhaligons and a few other houses with that quite special "conservative appeal"-factor

Amouage

Basenotes Plus

My choice would be Dior
    Summer rotation:
    Xerjoff Uden
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Creed Aventus
    Frapin L'humaniste
    Dior Homme cologne 2013
    Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

Blog Entries

Whatever company Natalie Portman is promoting -Love Dior!
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    My choice would be Dior
    Same here

No one has said Creed yet

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Same here

No one has said Creed yet
    Thats what I was about to say....I thought "Creed" would be mentioned in 2nd or 3rd post

Quote Originally Posted by superfluousPastry View Post
    let me guess for him.....Montale ?

Dior for sure

Tom Ford
    Currently wearing: Costa Azzurra by Tom Ford

Roja Parfums
    Currently wearing: Poivre 23 by Le Labo

Basenotes Plus

The underlying question is whether in making a choice you are a true believer in the overall worth of that brand or whether, instead, you would find it fun to join a propaganda machine without regard to product merit. (Sales for sales sake is, after all, a legitimate pursuit.). Clearly the answers here tend to reflect the approach that emphasizes personal integrity. I am certainly no cheerleader for any brand and think in terms of individual product merit. If I were to become a brand rep and could choose the brand, the question I would ask is which brands do more right than wrong, have more hits than misses on their product offerings over time. Not an easy test. Guerlain and Chanel leap first to mind. Possibly Dior. The longstanding brands seem to have a clear advantage in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by superfluousPastry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    let me guess for him.....Montale ?
    Montale !! Only because of the sheer number of the house that I have!
    Last edited by hednic; 22nd July 2015 at 10:00 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Creed...There, I said it!

Byredo would be my choice...
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Tom Ford

Caldey Island. Job perks to include annual stays on the island and 20% off chocolate and shortbread.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Montale !!
    Aside from Montale, other personal guesses regarding your particular choice of brand would have been Marc de la Morandiere, Lancome (at least during the vintage Sagamore and Balafre days), Pacoma, Clive Christian or Fragonard - judging not just by the preference for, but also the unbiased, detailed and well-documented information shared with us about these brands over the years

Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post
    The underlying question is whether in making a choice you are a true believer in the overall worth of that brand or whether, instead, you would find it fun to join a propaganda machine without regard to product merit. (Sales for sales sake is, after all, a legitimate pursuit.). Clearly the answers here tend to reflect the approach that emphasizes personal integrity. I am certainly no cheerleader for any brand and think in terms of individual product merit. If I were to become a brand rep and could choose the brand, the question I would ask is which brands do more right than wrong, have more hits than misses on their product offerings over time. Not an easy test. Guerlain and Chanel leap first to mind. Possibly Dior. The longstanding brands seem to have a clear advantage in this regard.
    I'm in the William Burroughs camp regarding his views on salespeople in general and I wouldn't want to do it as a profession. So, personal integrity would be important for me and I think Dior have it nailed. They have wonderful fragrances across all pricepoints imo. I can't apply this to Chanel and I would feel guilty trying to flog any of the Allure line. Guerlain is borderline at the moment although their back catalogue is fantastic - I'm waiting to see where they go.

1st Chanel.
    2nd Dior or Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I'm in the William Burroughs camp regarding his views on salespeople in general and I wouldn't want to do it as a profession. So, personal integrity would be important for me and I think Dior have it nailed. They have wonderful fragrances across all pricepoints imo. I can't apply this to Chanel and I would feel guilty trying to flog any of the Allure line. Guerlain is borderline at the moment although their back catalogue is fantastic - I'm waiting to see where they go.
    The intention behind asking question was the "true feelings" we have for any house/brand, not just for standing on their booths and praising for the things we don't even like...! So yes, as you guys said....it is all about "Personal Integrity".

If I was using the quantity of bottles owned by a particular brand it would be Serge Lutens- really love the opulent oriental style, and could quite easily bladder on, in an almost knowledgeable way about them...

however,

If it was about my ultimate frag that I hold in high regard it would be Frederic Malle, he did make une Fleur de Cassie afterall

Current Summer Favorites:

1. Creed - Original Cologne
    2. Xerjoff - Nio
    3. Creed - Aventus
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
    9. Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    10. Creed - Virgin Island Water