Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default FREE Samples of pure, hypnotic Agarwood Oil (oud oil) by Feel Oud.

(This post has been authorised by the admin of this forum)

Dear fragrance lovers, I would love to introduce to you the opportunity to delve in to the world of pure, hand made, hypnotic agarwood oils.
    I myself distilled these oils and i would love to share some with you.
    Very sorry but the amount of free samples is limited to 15 sets, so only 15 people will get the privilege to Feel Oud.
    There are, however, 3 conditions:

1) The person who order must be the one who NEVER tried pure, agarwood oil.
    2) The person MUST share his or her impressions, even if its just a few words.
    3) One set per person.

Thank you for your time please follow the link to place an order for the free sample set:

http://feel-oud.com/oud-oil/free-sample-set/

The delivery by EMS express is 25$ worldwide. Sets will be posted in a week time or as sooner as all sets will be ordered. I also can offer free, normal registered postage, however i do not take responsibility for any loss. I do advise you contact me after placing an order and pay 25$ for secure, trackable EMS express delivery.
    Please, if you order a free sample set inform all the members by writing on this thread.
    Thank you.
    Adam.
    Last edited by russian adam; 23rd July 2015 at 04:42 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oc8EZcvGG8

Default Re: FREE Samples of pure, hypnotic Agarwood Oil (oud oil) by Feel Oud.

It appears that my order has gone through! I'm super excited to be able to sample real oud. The only oud I have is TF's Oud Wood and supposedly the Oud note in it is synthetic.

Cant wait to get my samples and share my impressions and experiences.
    It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Thank you for this opportunity. I've only ever tried scents with synthetic oud or smelled agarwood in Japanese incense or burnt directly on a burner.
    I look forward to sharing my experiences here on Basenotes. I wonder how these perform in the dog days of summer as compared to slightly cooler, drier weather. I know oud oils are traditionally worn in hot climates, but every western oud scent I own seems better suited to autumn and winter.
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Icon by Dunhill

I have only sampled variations on artificial ouds. I am enormously grateful for this opportunity both to do so and to share my impressions. Please let me know if there is any difficulty with my order to Toronto.

I managed to snag a set. Interested in seeing your new projects, Adam!
    Currently wearing: Flor y Canto by Arquiste

oh, i see someone who DID try pure oud before, am i correct?
    ok, ok, ONLY one exemption for you =)

OOOOPs --- I did not read carefully. If you can reverse the order, I am good with that! Sorry!

I placed an order. Looking forward to trying and discussing this. Thanks.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

So I just ordered the larger set for myself instead. Please cancel my free samples and share with someone else!!! Thanks, Adam

Ok i placed my order.. can't wait to try some real oud. I'll definitely share my experiences.
    Thanks so much! :-)
    I came here to talk fragrances & chew bubblegum.. and i'm all out of bubblegum.

Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar

Order placed. Thank you for this opportunity! I'm really excited!

I've just ordered one. This was an opportunity I couldn't miss -
    Excited, but also, fear and trepidation: I know my nose is not great, could I actually contribute anything to the discussion afterwards? We shall see.

I seem to be attracted to 'oud' scents, a large proportion of scents in my collection do list 'oud' as a note. However. I guess they're all accords rather than the real deal. I do have a few japanese incenses (senko) which supposedly have real oud in them, but japanese incenses are all mixed with other spices and woods. So, no, I have never smelt the real thing -
    Last edited by Pochi; 23rd July 2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Currently wearing: Homage Attar by Amouage

I have only ever had M7 and a sample of Terry de Gunzburg, so would really be interested in smelling the real thing.
    DONNA

I am very happy to announce that all free samples has been ordered.
    I only would love to hear from others who grabbed the sample but have not informed us =)
    I see 8 people here, plus iris&oud who placed an order and will get another free sample =) however, there were 15 samples, so 7 people are missing =)))
    please drop us a line when you have a minute …
    Thank you.
    Adam.

Looking forward to receiving the samples
    Last edited by rollzst; 23rd July 2015 at 01:41 PM.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Just had to check I was really eligible for the samples. Very pleased to say I am

Really looking forward to wearing these beauties and reading all your comments. Unfortunately, I won't be able to give feedback for a while because I'll be away

Thanks again, Adam

I placed an order for the oud. Yeah, I've burned agarwood on a burner and worn many "oud" fragrances, but I have no confidence on what oud truly smells like.

Thanks for providing this service, Adam!

Pleased to announce that all free samples has been dispatched ( accept one package, very sorry =)
    The first 3 persons to receive it will be gifted another free sample of the higher quality pure, home cooked Oud Oil =))))
    So stay tuned and let us know as soon as you get it...
    Your Hypnotic Pure Oud journey begins...
    Last edited by russian adam; 27th July 2015 at 03:35 PM.

Thank you for letting us know, Adam!
    Looking very much forward to the precious package -
    Currently wearing: Homage Attar by Amouage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oc8EZcvGG8

I'm so anxious to try these.
    It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis

I wish I could have participated, but being honest thanks to Sultan Pasha I have experienced genuine agarwood oil... so I was disqualified. Will be very interesting to hear people's thoughts about these curious oud oil variants.

I'd like to comment on the quality of your website is as well. Great images.

Quote Originally Posted by russian adam View Post
    Pleased to announce that all free samples has been dispatched ( accept one package, very sorry =)
    The first 3 persons to receive it will be gifted another free sample of the higher quality pure, home cooked Oud Oil =))))
    So stay tuned and let us know as soon as you get it...
    Your Hypnotic Pure Oud journey begins...
    Thanks! Hopefully they should arrive in about a week. Very exciting.

Some very quick 1st impressions. I will need to take more time to give full reviews.

I bought a 9ml set from Feel Oud of the Bio Chan Ko Ouds. i have a swipe of each of the 3 on my arms.

Really interesting the differences based solely on the treatment of the same raw wood.

So far #1 is super rich and fruity, bordering on Cambodian raisin-type notes.

#2 very light and etherial woodiness, much quieter than the other 2, reminds me a bit of AA Sweet Siam in the first hour

#3 a typical Thai fruitiness, very friendly

Mine arrived today. Well packaged. As I'm already wearing a fragrance today I won't put any on today, especially as I will be heading to the gym later. I smelled the outside and picked up a very faint smell from the outside. Woody, resinous and slightly sweet like dried fruit. Seeing as the weather is very hot and humid here I was relieved not to pick up any barnyardy smells that I've heard so much about from ouds. I'm not familiar with the profiles of various ouds, but is it Assams that tend to have more of those challenging notes.

What is the best way to apply these? Dip the end of a paperclip or something in the oil and apply it wherever I want on my body? Is just one or two such swipes enough?

I'M both excited and for some reason a bit nervous testing my first oud oils

Dear Oud enthusiast =) i am very happy to know that first sample set as well as the order of Bio Chan Ko arrived safe and sound =)
    In my opinion the best way to apply the oil is by using wooden tooth stick that probably can be found in every household.
    Use one stick per application, so you do not pollute the oil. It is very easy to control the amount of oil you want to swipe ( apply ). I sometimes even chew the stick after the application to get the taste of the oil ( i do not recommend doing that =).
    aaa_sdf.jpg
    If you want to have a full, complete experience you should dip the stick so it reach a bottom of a vial and then apply oil gently to your hand.
    First you may smell it as it is and then use your nail to spread it. When experiencing oud first time better to keep in on one arm, not to apply it over your beard, cloth, hairs and so on… You get better experience when aroma if focused in one small area, not all over the place…
    Then you close your eyes, move you arm towards you nose and once its close enough to the place of application ( around 2-4cm ) inhale deeply…. hold your breath, think, analyse… open your eyes... what comes to your mind? any feelings? emotions? perhaps de ja vu? =))))))
    Last edited by russian adam; 31st July 2015 at 04:42 AM.

Happy to inform you all that Darjeeling is the first winer for a higher quality, pure, hypnotic Oud Oil sample by feel-oud.com
    I will inform once all 3 winers will be known, so i can post those samples at the same time, because we will have another exiting opportunity taking place =)

I've done a brief sampling of 1 and 2, but on a certain level it's like smelling wine. It takes a while to get used to and not just focus on the immediately "oudy" elements rather than the subtle other notes that they give off.
    I'm keeping notes in a word file, but want to try all of the oils at least 2-3 times before giving full impressions. I've been wearing just one for a day so far, but I think I also need to do a comparison session with all 3 on my arm at some point. The problem with applying on my arm is that I have a baby who demands to be held for long periods, so I think she is going to get a little oud scented.

I know it says "out of free samples" but I would like to purchase a set of samples. Is that possible?
    Currently wearing: Brutus by Orto Parisi

An update that I received my oud samples today. I put the tiniest amount of sample 1 on my left wrist. It's quite phenolic at first, much like an Islay Scotch. It's only been 20 minutes, though, but I smell the undercurrent of dried dark fruits.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast