Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
o

Default Rasasi La Yuqawam Pour Homme

This is supposed to be similar to Tuscan Leather. Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts on the scent and the performance?

Default Re: Rasasi La Yuqawam Pour Homme

Excellent scent IMHO. Haven't tried TL, but LY is a VERY potent frag....beastly longevity and projection on me. Really nice raspberry and leather smell. I was mesmerized by the scent and couldn't stop sniffing it. I went back and forth on whether or not to keep it, just because I could never see myself doing a full wearing in public I ended up selling my bottle. It just wasn't my "style", terrific high quality EDP though and for the price unbeatable IMHO.
    Eph 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-
    Currently wearing: Wanted by Night by Azzaro

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

I have a bottle on the way. Blind buy for a good price after numerous positive reviews.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Excellent scent IMHO. Haven't tried TL, but LY is a VERY potent frag....beastly longevity and projection on me. Really nice raspberry and leather smell. I was mesmerized by the scent and couldn't stop sniffing it. I went back and forth on whether or not to keep it, just because I could never see myself doing a full wearing in public I ended up selling my bottle. It just wasn't my "style", terrific high quality EDP though and for the price unbeatable IMHO.
    Yes. This is just a GREAT scent. Last forever and the dry down is sublime (raspberries & suede).

I have a decant of it and Monotheme leather, and they are both very close but Monotheme leather is cheaper so I would go with that.

Aoud Leather is better than all of them, including TL.

It's been a while since I've smelled TF TL so it's tough for me to make a real meaningful comparison, but La Yuqawam is a very good scent regardless. Sillage and longevity are formidable. Got mine from beautyspin, a blind buy that worked out well.
    Currently wearing: Furyo by Jacques Bogart

I have both, and I love them both. I would not say they are identical, but they are very close. It is a great alternative to TL, as it is not as expensive. Performance is great too.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    True impression about LY. I have this piece and it is standing as an outclass item in my collection. Smoky, Deep and Rich fragrance of sweet leather with excellent 15 hours plus longevity and very good projection on my skin. you just need to bear first 5 minutes of "harsh" brust and after that, it is just awesome. Presentation is also very well (in a wooden box) but the bottle is black dark, you cannot see the amount of scent in it.

If you will compare TL and LY..... Fragrances are almost same but huge difference is price. LY can give the same vibes and quality as TL at very affordable price.

IMO it's the only Tuscan Leather hommage that has a very natural raspberry note. Mostly they smell very synthetic. I almost sold Tuscan Leather after blind buying La Yuq. It makes the uber-expensive Tom Ford redudant, IMO.

I own Pal Zileri Cuoio which is imo also very smilar to TL. It has the synthetic and sharp (raspberry) note in the opening (which I do not dislike) but that one disappears pretty quickly and what is left is a very longlasting magical drydown. It performs excellent and is more versatile than TL as it is not that pungent and heavy but still strong and lasts like 10 hrs. It smells very expensive and luxurious imo. The price I payed was 27 pounds/100ml which is very good, quality to price wise. Own two bottles now and I am very pleased with it! Wife also adores it! I never smelled Yuqawam or Monotheme as it is not (or very hard) to get here.
    Last edited by Slayerized; 29th July 2015 at 09:26 AM.
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Cartier: Santos edt (vtg)
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    True impression about LY. I have this piece and it is standing as an outclass item in my collection. Smoky, Deep and Rich fragrance of sweet leather with excellent 15 hours plus longevity and very good projection on my skin. you just need to bear first 5 minutes of "harsh" brust and after that, it is just awesome. Presentation is also very well (in a wooden box) but the bottle is black dark, you cannot see the amount of scent in it.

If you will compare TL and LY..... Fragrances are almost same but huge difference is price. LY can give the same vibes and quality as TL at very affordable price.
    I thought you could not see the amount left in the bottle but just hold it up to some light and you can see.

I own it and love it, although I don't wear it that often because it's too flashy, flamboyant to wear to the office or to a bar. The smell is absolutely great though, very sexy and pleasant if you don't go overboard with the sprays. I can't compare it to Tuscan Leather, never smelled it.
    edit: projection is very good, I get about 5 or 6 hours of longevity but nothing lasts on me very long (I don't spray clothes)

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Presentation is also very well (in a wooden box) but the bottle is black dark, you cannot see the amount of scent in it.
    You can, actually, it's dark brown but transparent when put against a source of strong light. Don't be surprised that your new bottle looks like it's been used, for some reason the bottles are like 90ml in capacity but filled with 75ml of juice. When I got mine I thought they'd sent me a used tester bottle or something, but some youtuber mentioned in his review that his brand new bottle was like this too.
    Last edited by Mr. Popo; 29th July 2015 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo View Post
    You can, actually, it's dark brown but transparent when put against a source of strong light.
    I tried this trick but may be the source of light was not that much good when I checked. I'll check it again Thanks.

I blind bought this....absolutely love it, no regrets

Wow I wasn't expecting overwhelmingly positive responses about this one. As it stands you guys talked me into a blind buy. Can't wait to get it!

This is definitely Blind Buy worth, have wonderful raspberry, leather and saffron lingering through out the 12 hours+ it stays on my body and maybe longer on the clothes. Haven't smelled TL but Rasasi La Yuqawam Pour Homme in itslef is a wonderful frag,

Quote Originally Posted by goodenstuff View Post
    Wow I wasn't expecting overwhelmingly positive responses about this one. As it stands you guys talked me into a blind buy. Can't wait to get it!
    You won't regret it!

How much are you guys paying for La Luyawarm?
    Life is too short to sample. Buy Blind | I am generally not interested in batch hunting or weak fragrances.

Top 10 in no particular order:

Amouage - Epic Man
    Montale - Black Aoud
    Montale - Aoud Lime
    Boucheron - Jaipur pour homme edp
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes pure parfum
    Thierry Mugler - A Men Pure Malt
    Dior - Sauvage edt
    Rochas - Lui
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise

I ordered it from beautyspin for about $70 shipped with a coupon code. Average seems to be about $60-70, might be cheaper in Europe.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Looking for: Le Male pre-2012 bottles. PM me!

It was $55-ish at beautyspin back in May, part of a larger order and got free shipping.
    Currently wearing: Furyo by Jacques Bogart

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Tried it last night and I really like it. A easier find would be at Beautyspin like Scottw noted. It was out for a while and now is back in. There seems to be a happy buzz at about this one and I am finally discovering. Great price point.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Can't even find it in the UK. Buying from middle east is around $85.
    Life is too short to sample. Buy Blind | I am generally not interested in batch hunting or weak fragrances.

Top 10 in no particular order:

Amouage - Epic Man
    Montale - Black Aoud
    Montale - Aoud Lime
    Boucheron - Jaipur pour homme edp
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes pure parfum
    Thierry Mugler - A Men Pure Malt
    Dior - Sauvage edt
    Rochas - Lui
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise

I bought it in Germany domestically for about 55€ shipped.

But Rasasi has the problems catering the demand. It's often out of stock for a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I bought mine from a here a year or so ago now. Received from Kuwait in the UK in around 3 days! http://universalperfumesandcosmetics...h=la%20yuqawam

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I bought mine off eBay UK.

Do a search for completed items and see if they have more, that's if there's non listed on current auctions?

EDIT; just searched eBay for you and you can buy it from a seller in Birmingham.

'Cant even find it in the UK' ??
    Last edited by jonnyv; 30th July 2015 at 02:45 PM.

I ordered it from beautyspin for about $70 shipped with a coupon code. Average seems to be about $60-70, might be cheaper in Europe.
    mine was about 55€ shipped

Have any of you guys tried Montale Leather Aoud? I would say it is better than TL and beastly performance (it really is a two spray frag)

Gave this a full wearing, and it's gorgeous. I've sniffed TL a couple times, and I can't tell the difference between the two. This is going to stay in my rotation. I highly recommend this to TL fans who don't want to pay premium Tom Ford prices.

Looking for: Le Male pre-2012 bottles. PM me!

Gave this a full wearing, and it's gorgeous. I've sniffed TL a couple times, and I can't tell the difference between the two. This is going to stay in my rotation. I highly recommend this to TL fans who don't want to pay premium Tom Ford prices.

Glad you dig it and it's working for you bro!
    Eph 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-
    Currently wearing: Wanted by Night by Azzaro

Really glad you like it! Congratulations on your new fragrance!