Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Cosmair Polo with No Batch Code?

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2 oz. spray bottle of Cosmair Polo EDT on Ebay. The sticker on the bottom clearly says Cosmair; however, I just noticed there is no batch code stamped across it. Does anyone have any idea why this might be? (I suppose it may be possible that it wore off?)

Thanks!

Cosmair Polo.jpg

Default Re: Vintage Cosmair Polo with No Batch Code?

I have a vintage bottle of Cosmair Polo, my batch stamp is actually across the label, carved out in sticker dot matrix style IV123. Turn your label slightly to your lights and see if it actually there but only an indentation and not all the way through perhaps?
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually haven't received the bottle yet. This was just the picture from E-bay. I'll have to take a look when it arrives. Are you aware of any reference for dating the batch codes? As far as I can tell, this info doesn't seem to be readily available. Thanks!

P.S. How is your bottle? Does it hold up pretty well over time?
    Last edited by jondedo; 8th September 2015 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jondedo View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I actually haven't received the bottle yet. This was just the picture from E-bay. I'll have to take a look when it arrives. Are you aware of any reference for dating the batch codes? As far as I can tell, this info doesn't seem to be readily available. Thanks!
    http://www.checkfresh.com/ is hit or miss, but it hit the year I purchased this bottle on the head.

P.S. How is your bottle? Does it hold up pretty well over time?
    It's still fresh, still strong, still has all of its notes. If you treat your bottle well - limited direct sunlight, avoid varying temps, store responsibly - you'll be able to enjoy it for quite some time.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

. . . my batch stamp is actually across the label, carved out in sticker dot matrix style . . .
    You were absolutely correct! This is how my bottle is as well. I actually had to feel for the letters/numbers with my finger in order to find it. Smells fantastic, too!
    Last edited by jondedo; 14th September 2015 at 10:30 PM.

hi
    i have a bottle from 1992 and it is the same... no batch code smell amazing !!! it is a vintage one

Lucky finding.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by shayz View Post
    hi
    i have a bottle from 1992 and it is the same... no batch code smell amazing !!! it is a vintage one
    Congrats!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.