Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Parfum d`Empire - Tabac Tabou

Quote Originally Posted by La Flâneuse View Post
    I don't know if FIF are employing Superman these days, as my perfume arrived today, unbelievably quick!

As I have already perfumed myself today I'm trying on a piece of kitchen roll- my go to for testing, very absorbent! To my rubbish nose the perfume opens with sweetness (Immortelle), mixed with a horsey note, it has a warmth to it, like hay in the sun, the tobacco is soft and green, it doesn't smell like pipe tobacco to me (my references being Chergui, Fumerie Turque), more like fresh tobacco in the sun.

With a very limited sniffing time I'd say it's a very nice, not loud, scent. It's quite gentle and soft, I'm going to enjoy wearing this and giving it a proper test
    Now even more excited to receive my soon!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Just got this today, wearing it now. It's quite lovely, somewhere in the same territory as Dzing! and Cuir de Russie. I wouldn't want it to be stronger than it is. It's branded as en extrait. I'll definitely be wearing this a lot this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is supposedly slated to arrive today with the mailman,
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

@professor goggles

Yes I get the similarity with Dzing, with the horsey smell, I think I prefer TT over Dzing, although they are both excellent fragrances imo

Mine arrived from Germany today and happen to like it a lot. A warm and pleasantly sweet tobacco infused oriental-green scent. Wearing it as my SOTE tomight.

I tried a sample of this over the last two days and I think this scent is really good and at the moment very underrated. I placed an order of a bottle today. It's amazing and I am very surprised at the high quality of this fragrance.

I've decided thanks to your comment to wear TT today...It is as you say both really good and underrated, perhaps because of it's limited release? Have you checked out the other Parfum d'Empire perfumes? Its a superb line, although I've heard the recent round of reformulations may have reduced them a bit
    Glad you managed to grab a bottle!

I've tried a few of their other fragrances before and have been pleasantly surprised. I finally figured out what Tabac Tabou reminds me of - it reminds me very much of vintage Or Black by Pascal Moribito!

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    I placed an order of a bottle today. It's amazing and I am very surprised at the high quality of this fragrance.

I'm not in for animalic notes, to say the least. Yet, in this scent it's not disturbing at all. It's much more a very nice hay-tobacco-immortale scent than an animalic one. Highly recommended. FBW.

Basenotes Institution

Wearing it for the 1st time today.

The narcissus note is outstanding. Very realistic and very big.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    According to some, it completely falls flat in the base.
    Precisely my experience with this one.
    a bottle a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Resurrecting this thread because I finally (after a long time) got to try Tabac Tabou. Very nice top, dry tobacco with leather, animalics, and animalic florals. Eventually leading to a subdued honeyed tobacco drydown. Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to how long it takes to go from top to drydown, plus it's warm and dry here today. Will experiment more.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Resurrecting this thread because I finally (after a long time) got to try Tabac Tabou. Very nice top, dry tobacco with leather, animalics, and animalic florals. Eventually leading to a subdued honeyed tobacco drydown. Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to how long it takes to go from top to drydown, plus it's warm and dry here today. Will experiment more.
    Which one did you try below, the one with the black or gold label? I read somewhere, can't remember where that the newer one was slightly different than the original one on the left. I have the one on the left and love it.

I was given a sample from the current tester at the Jovoy store in Paris, so I don't know what version it is, but I assume their tester is whatever the latest bottle is.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I was given a sample from the current tester at the Jovoy store in Paris, so I don't know what version it is, but I assume their tester is whatever the latest bottle is.

cacio
    Appreciate the reply.