After spraying both Black Afgano (2012) version and Polo Supreme Oud .. waiting 10 min, they both smell the same.... about 95%....
Can someone who owns both please confirm..... at 65 bucks on fragrance net.... PSO would be a good BA alternative
Last edited by drseid; 27th September 2015 at 07:16 PM.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Am an owner of neither, but have smelled both of them and they don't smell similar to me personally.
Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.
Well if to your nose they smell alike , then congrats As you can get a cheaper alternative that does it for you personally!
"Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "
Not even on remotely similar, but if you think so, buy the one you like best.
Thanks for the responses.... hopefully someone can confirm with a current side by side for the group...
they are very close after 10-15 min and keep in mind it is the 2012 version of black afgano.... not the beast it launched with.... only downfall OS has is a skin scent....
Last edited by Foxxworthi; 27th September 2015 at 08:12 PM.
I have Black Afgano and recently sampled Polo Supreme Oud and I never made the connection between the two. Maybe its the oud in both that may have a similar vibe to your nose. I can see that. However, Supreme Oud has a dry woody vibe, where Black Afgano goes into a smokey dry sweet vibe. The oud in both of these fragrances isn't in your face like some others IMHO.
Both are aweful in my view. Unfortunately I own Black Afgano.
1. Monsillage Aviation Club
2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Pluriel
3. Chanel Pour Monsieur
4. Tom Ford Oud Wood
5. Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain
Can't say that I see the similarity between the two. There's perhaps a note or two similar in the reformulated Black Afghano, but it's not exactly the same to my nose. Both have a damp woods accord, the oud basically, that has somewhat of a similar smell. But I get incense and some pipe tobacco from BA, whereas with Supreme Oud I get a touch of oud, some powder and good amount of cinnamon.
Supreme Oud and Supreme Leather share more to my nose than your comparison. But isn't it pretty darn cool how we all sense things/smells differently?