Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: The Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire Plunge $$$

The 100ml is $240 including tax + free shipping on essenza nobile.. i'm tempted to pull the trigger myself. Hednic, how long does essenza nobile normally take to ship?
    I came here to talk fragrances & chew bubblegum.. and i'm all out of bubblegum.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Could that someone be you?
    No, it was a good friend, but my life has also had some life-changing frags. Power to the 'fume!

Default The Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire Plunge $$$

I've purchased from Essenza Nobile a couple of times. It usually takes between 3 to 4 weeks, and once it took about a month. It's coming from Germany, so it does take a while, but the prices make it worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: El Paso by Lomani

Thanks for all the input! Looks like a significant savings to buy VE with Essenza Nobile. My calculation for the total is $210. with the exchange rate today for 100 ml including tax and free shipping. That knocks off about $100., I think - worth the wait in shipping!

My list to try and compare now includes:

Grey Vetiver
    Vetiver Tonka
    Lubin Le Vetyver
    LesNez Vetiver turtle Back
    Vitrum by Sammarco
    Sycomore
    Dior Vetiver (though I hear this one's discontinued)

Will report back!

Quote Originally Posted by Simonxyzz View Post
    Looks like a significant savings to buy VE with Essenza Nobile. My calculation for the total is $210. with the exchange rate today for 100 ml including tax and free shipping. That knocks off about $100., I think - worth the wait in shipping!

Good choice - as someone who has used Essenza Nobile only couple of times, I think the rate conversion works very well to our favor. It's fragrance after all - so what's the hurry

Enjoy whenever you get the VE - it's super fresh vetiver.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

VE is exceptional . As mentioned earlier you can buy it from Essenza Nobile for less ( almost 100 dollar less) if you live in the US .
    Current top choices:
    1- Portrait of A Lady
    2- Guerlain Derby
    3- Tom Ford Cafe Rose
    4- Bond 9 New York Oud
    5- Clive Christian #1
    6- Coromandel by Chanel
    7- Acqua Di Parmal Oud
    8- Chanel 19
    9- Dior Oud Isphahn
    10- Carnal Flower
    Currently wearing: Black Tea by Murdock

Forgot to add that I have already sampled MPG's Route du Vétiver and Etro's Vetiver (and Guerlain's Vetiver). And yes, "dark and sinister" often works for me. Among a few non-vetiver scents on my wish include "Black Rosette" by Strange Invisible Perfumes (which few mention on this site) and "Pure Oud" by Killian, both of which I consider darker scents (already have Bois de Ascese, which is my current favorite). Maybe another topic for Halloween?...

Blog Entries

I just want to reiterate that I am very serious about the Geurlain Vetiver Extreme and Vetiver Extraordinaire being similar. I know it's easy to default to "This one cost more money so it must be better!" But the dry downs on these two are very, very close. The openings are different somewhat (they still have some similarities) but 30-1hr in I think most would be hard pressed to notice a significant difference. My wife in a blind test thought they were very close as well, when I pressed for an answer of which is better she chose Vetiver Extreme.

If cost is enough of an issue that you are willing to deal with international shipping and waiting a month, it's worth it to spend like $5 and get a sample of Vetiver Extreme. Worst case you're out a few bucks for a sample that even if you don't like it "as much as" I still think you're going to like it and you can still order Vetiver Extraordinaire.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11th October 2015 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks Mythrol. I'm only familiar with Guerlain's Vetiver (which I wore a while ago), and not their Extreme version. For the price alone, it's certainly worth checking out, I agree. Appreciate the recommendation - will add it to my list. Have been a big fan of Lalique's Encre Noir, which I also find to be a great fragrance for the price.
    Last edited by Simonxyzz; 11th October 2015 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks for sharing these impressions about vetiver fragrances with us.

As for Vetiver Extraordinaire, will have to explore the affordable online retailers, especially if a respected and trustworthy one like Essenza Nobile is among them

Corto Maltese

vetiver veritas & vetiver extraordinaire two very similar perfume.
    from the wide range of vetiver...sycomore, extraordinaire and veritas are my 3 best vetiver scent.

my recommendation
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its a very nice vetiver. Unique in that its about South American vetiver and not Indian Ocean vetiver.
    for swap/sale: