Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances exclusive to Italy

Hi everyone,
    Bon jour, I'm traveling in Italy and was wondering if there are any colognes or perfumes exclusive to Italy? Any that you can not buy in the USA. I'll be in Florence today, Venice tomorrow and then Milan the day after. Thx!

Default Re: Fragrances exclusive to Italy

Last edited by kewart; 9th October 2015 at 04:56 PM.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

When in Florence try to visit Santa Maria Novella just for its
    fabulous shop and cloisters. The edc's are wonderful also.
    They stores in the other two cities I believe.
    In Venice you must visit the perfume museum and perfume shop
    in the San Croce district.
    http://www.venetoinside.com/en/attra...azzo-mocenigo/
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Nothing that you can't find abroad, really. Maybe some fancy shops or places. There's a nice perfume museum in Milan which is a vast private collection of vintage stuff, but you've to contact the owner (and pay an entrance fee which seems quite high for me - I think 10 or 20 eur...). There's way lot of better things to experience in Italy

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

As Colin said, there is sooooo much to see in Italy, but to answer your question, a few ideas;

In Venice you can pop into the Caffe Florian in the Piazza San Marco. You might want to go anyway to see the Caffe (it's beautiful) and take a drink there. They have a range of perfume and room sprays which are exclusive to Florian's. The perfume is Aqua Allegoria by Perfumer Lorenzo Dante Ferro. It's a very particular strong bouquet of orange flower, Jasmine and Lily. You will like it or you won't. Actually I've just checked their website and they also have one called Aqua Moresca. I don't know that one. I have never seen these fragrances anywhere other than Florian's.

What I do know is that their room fragrances are really beautiful, and inexpensive at 14 Euros.

In Florence you must go to see the Santa Maria Novella Perfume Shop and Museum at 16 Via Della Scala, as Kewart has already said. (Sorry my font has changed, can't undo it!!) It's unforgettable, and you may find a nice purchase too! You can get these fragrances outside Italy but only in a few stores/estores and they are usually a lot more expensive than they are in the SMN shops in Italy.

Happy hunting. Report back!

You might try Cale in Milan (Corso Magenta, 22 - 20123 Milano) which carries and distributes one of my favorite Italian niche lines, Profumi di Pantelleria. Lucky scent has not been able to get any in stock, so this might be the only place to get it. My favorite is Maestrale:

Imagine a virile, musclebound god rising out of the waves; a modern day Poseidon, Odysseus lashed to the mast. This is an amazing scent evocative of the salty ocean, wet driftwood, and sunwarmed skin. Maestrale is amazingly beachy, but not in a tropical, suntan lotion, Pina Colada sort of way. As the name suggests, this is the Mediterranean after a storm, incredibly oceanic but with a sexy human skin scent coming through. The driftwood is, of course, cedar, and the shore is lined with seagrasses beautifully represented by the vetiver in the basenotes. Along with Sel de Vetiver, this a fantastic rendition of Mediterranean beaches, flora and fauna. Wearing this is a great way to bring the outdoors indoors, the coastline inland, the summer into winter and to bring out the mythological god in all of us.

Here is Dimitri's wonderful post on this house:

http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/s...%20Pantelleria
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics
    Currently wearing: Ferrari Uomo by Ferrari

Thank you everyone for your responses. I picked up a Dalmation Sage
    http://www.themerchantofvenice.net/e...n-sage-901.asp

I'll check out more spots in Venice when I'm there in a day. Italy is beautiful and I encourage everyone to visit. I'll keep you posted. Verizon data charges are high so I check seldom Thx again

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    As Colin said, there is sooooo much to see in Italy, but to answer your question, a few ideas;

In Venice you can pop into the Caffe Florian in the Piazza San Marco. You might want to go anyway to see the Caffe (it's beautiful) and take a drink there. They have a range of perfume and room sprays which are exclusive to Florian's. The perfume is Aqua Allegoria by Perfumer Lorenzo Dante Ferro. It's a very particular strong bouquet of orange flower, Jasmine and Lily. You will like it or you won't. Actually I've just checked their website and they also have one called Aqua Moresca. I don't know that one. I have never seen these fragrances anywhere other than Florian's.

What I do know is that their room fragrances are really beautiful, and inexpensive at 14 Euros.

In Florence you must go to see the Santa Maria Novella Perfume Shop and Museum at 16 Via Della Scala, as Kewart has already said. (Sorry my font has changed, can't undo it!!) It's unforgettable, and you may find a nice purchase too! You can get these fragrances outside Italy but only in a few stores/estores and they are usually a lot more expensive than they are in the SMN shops in Italy.

Happy hunting. Report back!

You beat me to it. Wonderful experience indeed.

I'll be in Milan in two days. Picked up Suave Petals for my mum and mum in law, Sicilian Citruses for my dad, and Patchouli Vintage for my dad in law. All from merchant of Venice. Plan to put more dents in my wallet in Milan at the aforementioned store.

Anyone had any experience with Acqua Dell'Elba? They're exclusive to Italy and I'm in Venice for one more day and this is the last chance to get a few. Longevity? Silage? Uniqueness? Thx!!!

I'm just back from Italy myself. Enjoy your remaining days.

While not exclusive to Italy, I recommend you check some L'erbolario, because in Italy they are far cheaper than elsewhere. It is found not in perfume stores, but in parafarmacie (ie natural health store types of thing). A favorite on ebay is Meharees.

cacio

The stuff so far....
    IMAG0614_1.jpg

Next stop Milan tomorrow.

I did check out Cafe Florian and they had wonderful scents for the room. Ar Euro 14 each or 42 for 4. But I'm trying to budget for personal perfumes at the moment. Plus many other purchases for folks and souvenirs and clothing.

So I ended up picking

diptyque l'ombre dans l'eau (75ml)
    Creed Aventus (75ml)
    Creed Green Irish Tweed (75ml)

from Milan.

I went to Perfume' by Cale. And I was so bummed to see they stopped manufacturing/selling the profumi di pantelleria line of perfumes. They said they haven't carried that in a long time (almost 2 years) as it is no longer made. I was really looking forward to it though but ended up getting the Creed's from them and the Diptyque from La Rinascente Milano

If anyone happens to be in Milan, I am also in agreement that Perfume' by Cale is a store worth visiting (10 minute walk from the Duomo/Shopping Mecca of Milan). They are the Niche Perfume super store. I was surrounded by brands I had not even heard of but am well acquainted with now.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and recommendations! It really made my trip even more enjoyable since my main shopping goal was perfumes and pretty much that's all I wanted from there.

Also, if you have the possibility to find RoccoBarocco fragrances, their quality tends to be exquisite especially in their vintage formulations

Ah! Maybe next time!

I am back in Chicago now. It's so freaking cold here!!!!