Code of Conduct

Default NEW Profumum Roma Audace

I just saw that Profumum has a new fragrance. It sounds interesting. Has anyone tried it yet? The listed notes are: Licorice, Bitter Orange, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Tonka Bean. BTW, since Profumum always uses "v" in place of "u" the name looks like Avdace.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: NEW Profumum Roma Audace

Haven't tried it yet. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Normally I like Profumum, well, several, at least, but licorice doesn't grab me. Their last one, 'Sorriso' was orange/chocolate supposedly. I haven't tried it yet, but it didn't sound appealing either. I hope they can come up with something FBW in future.
    Is licorice really a crowd pleaser? The only one I like is 'PG-Aomassai' and it is mixed with chocolate and coffee there. It's quite good.

Especially if spelled with a "v", the name sounds quite a bit Fascist ("svmma avdacia et virtus" was the motto of the Blackshirt militia in the Abyssinian war - and generally, the word "audacia" is quite recurrent in the Fascist iconography...). Obviously nothing to do with the fragrance - I just noticed that first
    Last edited by Colin Maillard; 12th October 2015 at 04:23 PM.

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Sounds great.
    for swap/sale:

It might sound like blasphemy to many frag fans but to me P. Roma, like Atelier Cologne in general, smell too "natural" or too much like the "real thing". (Great examples to me are Acqua Viva and Orange Sanguine) Plus I just can not stand licorice even if I've tried quite a few fragrances with it. So it will most probably be a no for me but I'll still try it.
    Last edited by Monkeys; 12th October 2015 at 05:02 PM.

It sounds like an interesting mix of notes....I look forward to trying it out.

Basenotes Institution

Love licorice! Looking forward to smelling this.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Profumum Roma is so hit or miss for me! Its always either true love or a massive dud for my sensibilities. The composition sounds like it might lean rather masculine and doesn't sound appealing for me, I'll probably still just grab a sample and see how it smells anyway.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Potent house. This sounds worth trying. The notes seem compelling to me.

Basenotes Institution

Anyone smell this yet?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I've lost a lot of faith in this house and won't be expecting Audace to change that. Profumum needs to go back to what it does best - bold compositions that focus on a specific note or two.

And I'm still waiting for a highly potent mossy/earthy-green fragrance from this house (somewhere along the lines of Fumidus)...
    Last edited by Trebor; 18th November 2015 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I've lost a lot of faith in this house and won't be expecting Audace to change that. Profumum needs to go back to what it does best - bold compositions that focus on a specific note or two.

And I'm still waiting for a highly potent mossy/earthy-green fragrance from this house (somewhere along the lines of Fumidus)...

Victrix is their best green fragrance. It's nowhere near Fumidus in potency and earthiness though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Victrix is their best green fragrance. It's nowhere near Fumidus in potency and earthiness though.
    Personally, I found Victrix rather lame in every sense.

Have never found anything fbw from this House

They seem to me either undercooked or uberstrong and a couple were downright disturbing [to my nose anyway]

Dependent

I just got a sample of this new Profumum Roma Audace last week. It's a total dead ringer for Vetiver Tonka! I've only worn the sample once but that is all I could think of - extremely, extremely similar, nearly a photocopy. I've been told it's a little less sweet than VT, but I never found VT to be sweet, so not sure I'd use this to describe Audace. I'll have to give it another try and maybe do a side by side comparison with Vetiver Tonka, which I love to pieces, but my initial first wearing left a very good impression. Performance is great, lasted pretty much all day (as do most Profumum Roma fragrances).
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    It's a total dead ringer for Vetiver Tonka!
    Yes it does bear an uncanny resemblance.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

So this one doesn't have a strong licorice note?

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Have never found anything fbw from this House

They seem to me either undercooked or uberstrong and a couple were downright disturbing [to my nose anyway]
    I really agree!

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Mediocre perfume house. Might find a good one if you don't know any better.

Fumidus starts off good, a semi-diluted vetiver oil, I imagined the fragrance would be substantial and have the potential to be satisfying. Unfortunately the thing is anchored by....nothing? A good vetiver oil is a lot better and can be had for 20x less.
    Last edited by pluran; 4th February 2016 at 08:12 PM.

Licorice.... very interesting.. haha wonder if it will be nuclear like everything else

Basenotes Junkie

Sampling Audace now and I fully agree with remik + hednic that so far, it's an absolute deadringer for Vetiver Tonka!! I can't speak to longevity since it's only been about 20 min or so. Not sure where the listed licorice and blood orange notes are hiding unless they come out to play later on.
    Last edited by Nouveau Nez; 11th February 2016 at 10:11 PM.

Any new opinions on this? Really interested in the performance of it. Also, has anyone already tried orangea?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    My niche and designer decant thread (Tom Ford, Xerjoff, Frapin, Creed, Christian Lacroix, Amouage etc): http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....4dbca18c386322

Today I received my sample. I'm not a vetiver-fan, but I never give up. So far this is the best vetiver scent I've tried - although surely there are many I haven't had the chance to try. I don't know Tonka Vetiver, so I can't compare the two, but on his own right this is a really enjoyable scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I don't know Tonka Vetiver, so I can't compare the two, but on his own right this is a really enjoyable scent.
    If you do get a chance to try Vetiver Tonka see if you get a resemblance to the Profumum.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you do get a chance to try Vetiver Tonka see if you get a resemblance to the Profumum.
    Surely I will. By the way more bnoters claim they are very-very similar. Say: "extremely, extremely similar, nearly a photocopy."
    Last edited by Sandy; 12th May 2016 at 02:57 PM.